The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

The West Ham, Birmingham match is shite. Both teams going down..

It's been decent. West Ham have played at a high tempo and regardless of the quality you think both sides possess, I think it's been very watchable.

I feel for Jerome. Just having the ball lobbed in his general direction all game. In a decent team he would score a lot more goals. Makes some really good runs.

He's not realiable infront of goal IMO but he is feeding on less than scraps here, playing about 30yarss further forward than the midfield like he does every game. Birmingham are so unbelievably negative all the time.

Sears just hasn't developed at all after his early promise

Scored against Blackburn on his debut didn't he with a diving header? He hit the post against us not long after, iirc; and that concludes my knowledge of Sears' career. :lol:

The West Ham, Birmingham match is s****. Both teams going down..

So many teams have central midfielders that do nothing and it affects the teams so much. We don't look too different from these teams, when we are missing Tiote and Barton isn't central. Just watch the teams when the centrebacks have the ball. The midfielders just ignore them and walk up the pitch, no effort to look to get the ball and initiate play or get something going.

On the rare occassions they get the ball they just knock it straight back to the centre backs. Inevitably the centre backs just start hoofing it. Larsson is having to vacate the right wing and drop way back and more central just to get involved. It's tragic. There's just such a lack of decent midfielders who know what they're doing.

Parker, I think, has consistently given good performances for West Ham but I sense it's more a case of standing out from the shit around him, than him being particularly great.

He's a MOTD player. He's at the fulcrum of anything they do positive as he's their best player, but it's like being the tallest dwarf. Not really an achievement. Watch him for 90 and yes he's ok but he's not brilliant by any means.

Parker, I think, has consistently given good performances for West Ham but I sense it's more a case of standing out from the shit around him, than him being particularly great.

He's a MOTD player. He's at the fulcrum of anything they do positive as he's their best player, but it's like being the tallest dwarf. Not really an achievement. Watch him for 90 and yes he's ok but he's not brilliant by any means.

Or a dwarf among midgets :family guy reference:

I feel for Jerome. Just having the ball lobbed in his general direction all game. In a decent team he would score a lot more goals. Makes some really good runs.

He's not realiable infront of goal IMO but he is feeding on less than scraps here, playing about 30yarss further forward than the midfield like he does every game. Birmingham are so unbelievably negative all the time.

The thing is though, he chases these hopeless balls all game, and isn't consistently involved in any kind of decent play to get him going, and then maybe he gets one chance that falls to him. It's no surprise he ends up snatching at it. Birmingham are awful. This is the same West ham team that looked damn near semi professional when w eplayed them last week.