The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Near enough full strength Barca team this bar a couple, isn't it?

aye but be fair, 8 barce players plus me,you and alan smith would still be enough to see off most.

At least we wouldn't be the weak link in that side.

In fact, yeah, Valdes aside, seems to be full-strength.

aye but be fair, 8 barce players plus me,you and alan smith would still be enough to see off most.

yes think it is,  Valdes missing and apart from maybe Abidal at right back the rest is the normal team.  Didn't think they'd play Xavi, Messi and Villa in the cup games.

A couple for VI, or indeed anyone else:

Is there anything behind the seemingly deeper deployment of Messi recently? I don't know if it's just me or but I've noticed he's playing from a lot deeper in recent games.

Also, I've noticed he doesn't get subbed off much, if at all. Barca, so often, have the game wrapped up at the 60-70 minute mark and I would've thought Pep would want to, more often, keep Messi in cotton wool. Is he just particularly fit? Is it frowned upon to sub off players early in Spain?

On a side note, Betis have actually been pretty decent here. Looks likely we'll see more of Betis-Sevilla next year. :thup:

Also just noticed the Ruiz de Lopera holds over 50,000 - never knew it was that big.

Guest kingdawson

Adam wouldn't be half the player in 4-4-2 I reckon.

Yeah, I bet you've seen loads of Blackpool this season.

Alongside Tiote he'd piss all over the shop.

Irrelevant but they've played 4-3-3 every time I've watched them this season. Gives him a bit of freedom to do what he fancies which suits him.

Exactly.

It's like VDV. Top player but i doubt he'd be half as effective playing as a cm in a 4-4-2 (and i don't care if he's playing alongside Tiote or anyone else for that matter).

In addition to neil questions to VI, how come theres generally very few away fans at Spanish games? Is it purely to do with the distance involved? In england its a massive part of the whole football experience for me

only Iniesta or Xavi would pull off a pass/cross like that.  genius.

Not quite. I could, albeit I'd need no player near me, I'd need to be standing still, and admittedly the ball wouldn't go anywhere near my teammate. Apart from that though, yeah.

In addition to neil questions to VI, how come theres generally very few away fans at Spanish games? Is it purely to do with the distance involved? In england its a massive part of the whole football experience for me

Probably because there's absolutely no competition involved in games like this.

I'm by no means saying Barcelona don't play great football etc or that it's their fault but it's been fucking boring for some time now IMO how they just hammer everyone. A big part of what makes sport great is the competition, the feeling that an opponent is worthy, provides a genuine test and the outcome is unpredictable. Just doesn't happen with this team. Again, I'm not saying they're not brilliant at what they do - they clearly are - I just find it a bit boring to watch.

Tin hat on.