The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

No. The profile of a Spanish away fan is rather middle-class (so they can afford it), our hooligans come mostly from the working class. Same with most other Spanish clubs, hooligan firms don't travel.

:dowie:

who do they fight then?

Nobody, fortunately. They mostly harass incoming fans. Most hooligan trouble is limited to local derbies when rival firms are bound to clash.

The hooligan (or "ultras" as we call them here) phenom is much smaller in Spain than in the UK. They are a bunch of tosspots, but there aren't that many of them around.

Did anyone here Ian Holloway's interview on Talk Sport last night? Love the guy, his interviews are class and he seems to really be building a club and culture at Blackpool that's on all the right foundations.

Holloway is making a lot of managers look really bad. You're Allardyces, McCleish's and Pulis' who are all so damned cynical and claim it is the only way to survive in the prem without Arab owners. Holloway is playing great football and getting results with a league1 / championship side. It's unreal. Awesome stuff.

Did anyone here Ian Holloway's interview on Talk Sport last night? Love the guy, his interviews are class and he seems to really be building a club and culture at Blackpool that's on all the right foundations.

Holloway is making a lot of managers look really bad. You're Allardyces, McCleish's and Pulis' who are all so damned cynical and claim it is the only way to survive in the prem without Arab owners. Holloway is playing great football and getting results with a league1 / championship side. It's unreal. Awesome stuff.

will he be able to maintain it though, that's the question

Guest kingdawson

Wenger has blamed last night's defeat on "fatigue".

So why on earth did he play Fabregas, etc!  :frantic:

It's never that the other team were simply better with him.

I thought a while back that Blackpool were harmless. After a month or so, it was clear that they weren't going to take up a relegation spot but I don't think it makes much difference to us. They're playing well at the moment and are a great watch for the neutral - all the best to them :thup: Just wait til second season syndrome hits them.

I thought a while back that Blackpool were harmless. After a month or so, it was clear that they weren't going to take up a relegation spot but I don't think it makes much difference to us. They're playing well at the moment and are a great watch for the neutral - all the best to them :thup: Just wait til second season syndrome hits them.

Yep. Blackpool and Fulham to go down next year IMO.

Still, credit to the Tangerine Army, it's good to see a team play attacking football without fear, with an extremely limited squad.

Guest kingdawson

Wenger has blamed last night's defeat on "fatigue".

So why on earth did he play Fabregas, etc!  :frantic:

It's never that the other team were simply better with him.

I was using that more to do with the stick Pardew got for using the same excuse on Saturday. ;)

Cesc Fábregas, the Arsenal captain, has criticised Ipswich Town's tactics during the Gunners' Carling Cup first-leg semi-final defeat at Portman Road last night and said the winning goal came courtesy of a "rugby kick".

Ipswich repeatedly launched quick counter-attacks by hitting long passes from their own half to the centre-forward Tamas Priskin and, after the Hungarian had failed to exploit several of them, he finally made Arsenal pay in the 78th minute – incidentally the same minute that Roger Osborne scored for Town to defeat the same opposition in the 1978 FA Cup final.

"I don't know if it is long ball or it is a rugby kick but it worked for them," said Fábregas. "In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them, they create chances like that and it is their football. We just have to put the ball on the floor and try to play football.

"Credit to them because they played well but Arsenal played the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball.

"Still, we played well. We were good enough but just did not put the ball in the back of the net. I can remember only two opportunities for them but it was from a long, long ball because when they were playing football they could not really get in behind us.

"It is disappointing because we were the much better team but it was one of those nights."

They really can't take defeat can they.