The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

There's a reason I have a go at what you say, mate, because it's 90% bile.

A 21 year old promising youngster with youth international caps embarking on his first season in the Prem is the same as a 29 year-old journeyman who's spent half his career in non-league. They're hardly comparable scenarios.

I do remember the "Carroll is overrated and Gyan is twice the player" that you posted on some Spurs board though. Classic.

Guest kingdawson

A 21 year old promising youngster with youth international caps embarking on his first season in the Prem is the same as a 29 year-old journeyman who's spent half his career in non-league. They're hardly comparable scenarios.

I do remember "Carroll is overrated and Gyan is twice the player" that you posted on some Spurs board though. Classic.

You're missing the point (no doubt intentionally). I'm not comparing Campbell with Carroll, i'm stating that you'd never expect either player to be having the fantastic seasons they're having at the beginning of the season. Pretty simple stuff really (btw i think Carroll is about 20 times better than Campbell if you must know). I'm happy that someone else understands what i was getting at so it must just be you.

What are you doing reading spurs forums btw (when you're continuously having a go at me for being here)? you're having a go at me for something i said there? i mean you're being serious?

Well when your next on the spurs board how about you actually read what i said rather then misquoting me. I said i'd prefer Gyan over Carroll if we were to sign one and i specifically stated why (namely his pace). Thats my opinion and if you're going to cry about me having a "vendetta" against Carroll at least come with some better evidence.

I do remember "Carroll is overrated and Gyan is twice the player" that you posted on some Spurs board though. Classic.

You're missing the point (no doubt intentionally). I'm not comparing Campbell with Carroll, i'm stating that you'd never expect either player to be having the fantastic seasons they're having at the beginning of the season. Pretty simple stuff really (btw i think Carroll is about 20 times better than Campbell if you must know). I'm happy that someone else understands what i was getting at so it must just be you.

What are you doing reading spurs forums btw (when you're continuously having a go at me for being here)? you're having a go at me for something i said there? i mean you're being serious?

Well when your next on the spurs board how about you actually read what i said rather then misquoting me. I said i'd prefer Gyan over Carroll if we were to sign one and i specifically stated why (namely his pace). Thats my opinion and if you're going to cry about me having a "vendetta" against Carroll at least come with some better evidence.

It just seems like a completely bizarre comparison to make. All 3 are totally different players at completely different points in their career, what is so interesting about the correlation of their success? It's just a nonsense point tbh, maybe I'll randomly list 3 players in the Prem who are having good seasons :idiot2: The only inference that I could possibly make was that you were saying Carroll was a similar standard to D.J Campbell.

I never read the Spurs' boards, if their posting is similar to yourself on here then it's probably a good decision to stay away. Somebody else who had been reading said forum posted what you said on there, maybe they got it wrong, I dunno.

Guest kingdawson

It just seems like a completely bizarre comparison to make. All 3 are totally different players at completely different points in their career, what is so interesting about the correlation of their success? It's just a nonsense point tbh, maybe I'll randomly list 3 players in the Prem who are having good seasons :idiot2: The only inference that I could possibly make was that you were saying Carroll was a similar standard to D.J Campbell.

I never read the Spurs' boards, if their posting is similar to yourself on here then it's probably a good decision to stay away. Somebody else who had been reading said forum posted what you said on there, maybe they got it wrong, I dunno.

You actually pm people about what i say on other boards? damn that's rather sad. I don't know why i'm justifying myself to someone like yourself but i picked those players because they are all from newly promoted teams and are having exceptional seasons. It's really that simple.

Anyway here's the real quote not your bogus, make believe pile of steaming donkey piss quote you came up with about my feelings towards Carroll and Gyan

some other poster :"If we're going to spunk money on North Eastern strikers, let's go for Gyan over Carroll..."

Me : "I agree mate. Carroll is having an awesome season but he's the sort of striker that is capable of going off the boil imo and having a dry period in terms of goals. Gyan would suit our system better imo simply because of his pace".

In future please do some research and get my quotes right if you're going to have a go..thanks.

You actually pm people about what i say on other boards? damn that's rather sad. I don't know why i'm justifying myself to someone like yourself but i picked those players because they are all from newly promoted teams and are having exceptional seasons. It's really that simple.

Anyway here's the real quote not your bogus, make believe pile of steaming donkey piss quote you came up with about my feelings towards Carroll and Gyan

some other poster :"If we're going to spunk money on North Eastern strikers, let's go for Gyan over Carroll..."

Me : "I agree mate. Carroll is having an awesome season but he's the sort of striker that is capable of going off the boil imo and having a dry period in terms of goals. Gyan would suit our system better imo simply because of his pace".

In future please do some research and get my quotes right if you're going to have a go..thanks.

No. Why the fuck would I do that? :lol:

For what it's worth Gyan is far more prone to scoring goals sporadically. For evidence of this, reference 'His Entire Career'

Big Steve Fletcher. What a beast. Nobody defines lower league target man more than him.

Of Poolie stock, IIRC.

Edit: Aye, and 38 now ffs :lol:

new gaffer according to Lizzie. Got a stand named after him too, definitely setting himself up for a fall with that job although Cherries fan do love him.

Guest neesy111

Keogh on loan from Wolves too.

Worth noting that they play Bellamy out wide a fair bit.

Yeah, he did at City though last season and still managed to get into double figures.  I'm not a big Dave Jones fan, he's spent a small fortune at Cardiff and they still look a weak side defensively considering.

Guest neesy111

Carlton cole. Causes defenses some trouble, glad West-Ham got absolutely no quality anywhere near him. They could be a better team with him and some good wide players, or a good striker.

He's absolute dogshit man. :lol:

Agree totally with Swelly, he hasn't scored 2 goals in a game for over 4 years or something.  Slightly better version than Shola that is it.