The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Atlético's left full back is cursed. Everybody turning up there becomes crap. Wonder if there's an indian semetary or something buried to the left of the goals.

Filipe Luís is quality though, and better than Abidal indeed. Was really pissed off when we didn't buy him last season, although Maxwell has been ok.

On this season's form Marcelo is better than José too.

Marcelo

Fabio Aurelio (when fit, so basically never, but still)

Abidal

Cole

Baines

Bale (if he ever plays there)

Evra

Lahm

these are couple that comes up my mind right now, and get me right I LOVE JOSE ENRIQUE. These players are just better than him, but I still believe he one day will be the starting left-back of the Spanish national team.

The Clichy thing seems to be a case of "play for big club so must be good player" when really he's not actually a very good defender. Showed promise at one stage but has drastically gone down hill IMHO.

Agreed.

Got to debate Marcelo, Fabio Aurelio and Bale there Felipao. None are competent defenders IMO. Especially Bale and Marcelo.

Great being able to go forward but defensive responsibility is always more important. Those latter two in particular look simply out of position at fullback IMO.