The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I suspect Torres might be burning out prematurely, he was a starter for Atlético since he was 17. I think a summer without international competitions will help him.

Really needs to be an in depth study into 'Burn Out' in athletes. A lot of 'first glance' evidence to suggest its happened a lot in Football over the last 10 years (Owen, Torres, Ronaldo, off the top of my head. Rooney?).

From what I know about it there doesn't seem to be all that much evidence to prove or disprove that a player burned out. It's similar to the problem with, unexplained underperformance syndrome.

Depends what's studied. At what age did the body reach breaking point would be interesting for me. For breaking point, I mean 'career threatening' injury (blown out knees, torn tendons, etc).

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I guess all sorts of things would come into that, first of all you'd need to define which 'age' you were talking about, A comparison between skeletal age and chronological age or maturation age. people tend to take blowing out as training too much too often or too intense etc not just near carear ending injuries

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I know David Luiz is probably the better player, but when does Coloccini ever get this kind of praise? Luiz's gamestyle is almost mimicking Coloccini's exactly and yet Coloccini gets shafted by pundits for being a 'footballing defender'.

He'll get the praise he deserves when he's playing for Arsenal next season.

Guest palnese

I know David Luiz is probably the better player, but when does Coloccini ever get this kind of praise? Luiz's gamestyle is almost mimicking Coloccini's exactly and yet Coloccini gets shafted by pundits for being a 'footballing defender'.

You do know the answer, right?

It's ridiculous. Fucking big club bias.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Luiz is always going to get more praise as he plays for chelski and to be fair I'd prefer Colo to fly under the radar. Just the was Jose does, long live people trying to take him for pace!

It's ridiculous. Fucking big club bias.

Well aye, it was a rhetotical question more than anything. It's a joke like.

Look at what happens when a player starts getting praised by the media though Sewelly. With Carroll, they wouldn't stop linking him to Spurs or whoever was the flavour of the day, now with Enrique it's Man U and Liverpool. Do you really want Colo to start getting that recognition? I fucking don't.

Look at what happens when a player starts getting praised by the media though Sewelly. With Carroll, they wouldn't stop linking him to Spurs or whoever was the flavour of the day, now with Enrique it's Man U and Liverpool. Do you really want Colo to start getting that recognition? I fucking don't.

Fair enough. Still irks me that everybody thinks he's a donkey.

It's ridiculous. f***ing big club bias.

Give over about big club bias everyone in the media was has been praising Jose, give Colo another season so people can really forget about his struggles in his 1st year & I am sure they will be praising him.

Chelsea is crap. Notice the complete lack of movement. You got to move if want to beat good defensive teams like Fulham. They have no wide play at all. Consequently they struggle when they meet teams that match their own physicality.