Harry Redknapp

Tooj

It's either outstanding or terrible timing for us like depending on the decision.

I think the timing is terrible for us regardless of the decision. If found guilty they will have a siege mentality to prove they support him, and if found not guilty they will be able to play with a weight lifted off their shoulders. Can't see how their game could fall apart whatever the decision.

In a situation like this, with the Jury...do the majority have to then convice the minority that the person is either innocent or guilty depending on what the majority think??

Or have I watched to many court room dramas.

In a situation like this, with the Jury...do the majority have to then convice the minority that the person is either innocent or guilty depending on what the majority think??

Judge has asked for a unanimous verdict, so at least one of them has gone into the deliberations with a different opinion to the rest. Or it could be split down the middle, we don't know.

I've never done jury duty but I imagine they'll be talking it over as you say, with the majority trying to convince the minority that they are correct.

Judge has asked for a unanimous verdict, so at least one of them has gone into the deliberations with a different opinion to the rest. Or it could be split down the middle, we don't know.

I've never done jury duty but I imagine they'll be talking it over as you say, with the majority trying to convince the minority that they are correct.

Judge asking for a unanimous verdict basically means the evidence is pretty dubious/debatable. Judge is normally prepared to accept 10-2.

Judge asking for a unanimous verdict basically means the evidence is pretty dubious/debatable. Judge is normally prepared to accept 10-2.

:thup:

What happens if there is one or more that absolutely will not change their stance?

Guest bimpy474

One of the Dads from my sons football team has just done jury duty (he loved it), its just how you described it with one little thing to add, whichever member/s of the jury aren't convinced they will all go over the evidence thats the reason for them holding back, also i didn't know this but if you called for jury duty you dont just do one case, you do as many cases that can be fitted into your jury stint.

When I did Jury service we were asked for a unanimous decision. We were down to 11-1, which then turned into the mouthier ones in the group pointing out how silly she was being. She refused to budge to the annoyance of many so we had to tell the person looking after us that we could not agree, he said maybe the judge would accept a 11-1 but for some reason as we were walking to the court room she told the foreperson that she changed her mind,  she we ended up with unanimous decision.

As people have said I'm taken heart that its taking this long as at least someone thinks the cunt is guilty.