Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/122039/les-conseillers-de-ben-arfa-sont-a-newcastle/

Ben Arfa's advisors are in Newcastle

The imbroglio Ben Arfa continues. According to our information, Michel Ouazine, Counsel to the player and Jean-Jacques Bertrand, his lawyer, is currently in Newcastle to see if the English club's offer is serious. For the entourage of the striker, one thing is certain, Hatem Ben Arfa will not revisit its decision and no longer play for Olympique Marseille. His aides have given until Sunday to OM to reach an agreement with Newcastle. Ben Arfa should speak Sunday to discuss his situation and give his version of events. After this period, the player trained in Lyon will make every eventuality. The most extreme

Guest malandro

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/20100813_204222_anigo-laisser-hatem-se-calmer.html

Interesting quote from one of the Marseille directors. Apologies if posted already:

Q: He reportedly spent the day in Newcastle?

A: I do not know, but if so , the English are stupid. It would be a great mistake to talk to him when there is no agreement with us. Today , the most important is our match at Valenciennes . Monday , we will have the opportunity to get back on his record.

Stupid English? We haven't done anything! :lol:

Even if we haven’t OM are never going to believe it. Their growing animosity toward the stupid English club is self evident. They’ll probably get shot of Arfa but we’ll be the last club on earth they’ll sell to. A loan deal now seems a complete non starter?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/20100813_204222_anigo-laisser-hatem-se-calmer.html

Interesting quote from one of the Marseille directors. Apologies if posted already:

A: I do not know, but if so , the English are stupid. It would be a great mistake to talk to him when there is no agreement with us. Today , the most important is our match at Valenciennes . Monday , we will have the opportunity to get back on his record.

Even if we haven’t OM are never going to believe it. Their growing animosity toward the stupid English club is self evident. They’ll probably get shot of Arfa but we’ll be the last club on earth they’ll sell to. A loan deal now seems a complete non starter?

i've learned something out of this saga, as bad as our idiots in charge are they om lot are worse far worse, they've completely alienated a rather talented player through their own stupidity

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I agree we could only buy him at this stage

Guest malandro

And for a lot of money. Whatever mistakes OM have made they’re not going to give the lad away for next to nowt because he stomped out of a meeting, refused to train and flew Newcastle. No club is going to be dictated to by a player in this way. The farce with the French national team won’t help either - player power has never been less acceptable across the pond than it is now.

That said it’s clear anything can a happen in this farce.

I'm quite confident he's coming here now.

He won't play for Marseille again, and while they don't have to accept our offer, if they accept another club's they can't force him to go there.

He wants to come here and here only. Marseille, as much as they are cunts, will have to compromise eventually. Let's keep playing hard ball.

And for a lot of money. Whatever mistakes OM have made they’re not going to give the lad away for next to nowt because he stomped out of a meeting, refused to train and flew Newcastle. No club is going to be dictated to by a player in this way. The farce with the French national team won’t help either - player power has never been less acceptable across the pond than it is now.

That said it’s clear anything can a happen in this farce.

They don't have much choice. It's either sell him on the cheap to us, or keep him and pay high wages to a player who'll refuse to play. 

Guest malandro

I'm quite confident he's coming here now.

He won't play for Marseille again, and while they don't have to accept our offer, if they accept another club's they can't force him to go there.

He wants to come here and here only. Marseille, as much as they are c***s, will have to compromise eventually. Let's keep playing hard ball.

But so will Arfa. Faced with a choice between going to the Bundesliga or getting embroiled in some kind of complex and long lasting legal dispute he’d be a fool to choose the later. This kind of stuff ruins careers.

For him to end up at SJP I think we’ll have to pay in excess of £5m to sign him on a permanent deal, which given the way he’s conducted himself this week may well be a risky bit of business.