Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Did OM say they were to discuss the situation after the weekend then?

There was a quote from their sporting director saying they were going to discuss things with his agent/lawyer once the game was out of the way. There should be an update this evening because they are guests on a football show over there. I expect we'll know what's going to happen before we play Man Utd.

It's debatable whether or not this interview will help matters, funny as it is. :lol:

It kinda annoys me that the deal was apparently done and he was expecting to fly straight here after the France game. We basically had him signed a week ago if it wasn't for Marseille being dicks.

Hope they don't somehow persuade him to stay.

So from anything massive happened from Friday really ? aint looked as it was killing me.

Check the OP mate.

Cheers Dave.. that's some interview lol.. if we do not sign this lad now this will go down in history as one of our biggest comic strips ever

I wouldnt be surprised if this deal was already in the bag.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why he would fly to Newcastle on a whim or under the advice of his legal team. My reading of this whole thing is that terms have actually been agreed and much of what Marseille are saying is a smokescreen.

His appearance in Newcastle for such a short period of time was to complete a medical and final negotiations will take place on monday in Marseille to tie up the loose ends.

As everyone keeps saying, Marseille appear to have already burned their bridges with the player so it isnt in their best interests to play this charace out as they will need time to find a replacement themselves.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why he would fly to Newcastle on a whim or under the advice of his legal team. My reading of this whole thing is that terms have actually been agreed and much of what Marseille are saying is a smokescreen.

His appearance in Newcastle for such a short period of time was to complete a medical and final negotiations will take place on monday in Marseille to tie up the loose ends.

As everyone keeps saying, Marseille appear to have already burned their bridges with the player so it isnt in their best interests to play this charace out as they will need time to find a replacement themselves.

He might just be pissed off he's going to miss the Man Utd match. :laugh:

Reading that think Dave posted shows how emotional he is about the situation and that he is a deep thinker a la renegade. Love it.

Or a mental spacker.

We need one, especially one with a sweet left foot and the ability to pass a football.

I'm just wondering, if we go ahead and sign him on permanent basis, now or next summer. What will happen the day he gets tired of Newcastle? We will have a thread with 200 pages with people calling him a spoiled c*** and so on... haha :)

It's a similar situation to when Anelka went to Bolton. If Ben Arfa does the business and we stay up then he fucks off to a better club then so be it, job done.

Pretty depressing but it's just the way it goes at present. If we manage to do better than simply staying up then who knows, he might end up staying.

From that list of quotes I found

Cassano: "I am Mario's friend. He is a piece of bread. It's his attitude that only needs rounding off. Let him grow up.

Mario Balotelli is a piece of bread.

Offtopic, but Cassano really can't talk about other players poor attitude

He might just be pissed off he's going to miss the Man Utd match. :laugh:

then he should have just flown to Manchester instead, Dave........LOL