Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

We'll probably stay up comfortably, but it would have been nice to have him back with a few games left to help create more of a cushion. Plenty of time for him to get fit and get a proper pre-season in with the lads from here.

If there is one thing that I absolutely hate about Pardew for is how he raises fans expectations when it comes to injury recoveries. Just a few weeks ago, he was saying that we would have HBA and Ireland playing again sometime in March/April and now it looks like they're both not gonna feature. He keeps on saying that they will come back and when the time comes, he moves the recovery date by another 2-3 weeks. Granted that nobody knows for sure when a player will be back, but I'd rather a manager who gives a realistic assessment or even even a pessimistic one. I hate how he raises our hope, then only to crush it in the next interview, kind of like how our home form has been in the last 2 games!

If there is one thing that I absolutely hate about Pardew for is how he raises fans expectations when it comes to injury recoveries. Just a few weeks ago, he was saying that we would have HBA and Ireland playing again sometime in March/April and now it looks like they're both not gonna feature. He keeps on saying that they will come back and when the time comes, he moves the recovery date by another 2-3 weeks. Granted that nobody knows for sure when a player will be back, but I'd rather a manager who gives a realistic assessment or even even a pessimistic one. I hate how he raises our hope, then only to crush it in the next interview, kind of like how our home form has been in the last 2 games!

It's frustrating of course. But when asked, a manager would probably refer to assessments made when the injury was fresh /healing. It's only when a player returns to the club or  the training field that a manager and medical team  can estimate more precisely how long it will take before the  player is fit. Accordingly some discrepancy may occur.

Fucking De Jong, that cunt!!!!ARGH

It really doesn't matter when HBA is fit now, as long as he gets a good long pre-season under his belt.

And if you expect quotations from the manager on when a player will be fit to always be 100% accurate, you're living in dreamland.

I don't expect 100% accuracy at all, but Pardew's record must be way below 10% now, he hardly gets any right. I'd rather he give a more conservative estimate if he is not sure.

Guest BooBoo

Pards has an annoying habit mind of raising and then dashing expectations.

He needs to start being a bit more realistic. To say HBA could be involved v Wolves was insane.

He needs to start being a bit more realistic. To say HBA could be involved v Wolves was insane.

Yeah this really pissed me off, should've said he's out for the season from the start.

Interesting comments from him on NUFCTV about how they have spent the Thursday and Friday of the last few weeks trying to patch up injured players to play in the game that weekend and that it hasn't worked. From now on he'll pick the team on a Thursday from those that are fit there and then.

Guest Stephen927

Yeah this really pissed me off, should've said he's out for the season from the start.

Pardew plays it by ear too much, chances are Ben Arfa isn't coming along as first hoped so his return date has changed.

Actually, who was it who first said Ben Arfa might play again this season, the player or the club?

Pardew plays it by ear too much, chances are Ben Arfa isn't coming along as first hoped so his return date has changed.

Actually, who was it who first said Ben Arfa might play again this season, the player or the club?

players agent i think

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-may-not-return-from-his-broken-leg-until-May-warns-Alan-Pardew-article712652.html

Ben Arfa's Newcastle comeback still long way off

Published 23:00 10/03/11 By Simon Bird

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has quelled hopes of a speedy return to action for French ace Hatem Ben Arfa.

The winger has been told to continue his rehabilitation from a double fracture in his leg at the French football's HQ at Clairefontaine - and he may not be back in contention to play until May.

Ben Arfa is doing 20-minute runs at the moment, as he continues his long journey back to fitness after being injured in a challenge by Manchester City's Nigel De Jong in October.

"If you listen to some of the reports coming out of France, he could be playing again next week," said Pardew, "but realistically he needs to get his confidence back and that could be the end of April, the start of May. If at all.

"In my mind, I haven't got him penciled in for any game. If I get him back, it's a bonus for me.

"He's on constant attention at Clairefontaine, he seems to be enjoying the treatment and everything else. Our doctor travels over and makes sure. The facilities there are absolutely brilliant."

The winger has completed a £5milllion move to St James' Park after originally arriving on loan from Marseille, but Pardew says there is plenty of time to get him "embedded" at the club. Ben Arfa has only played three games this season.

"We've questioned whether to bring him back and have treatment here and get him embedded into the city a little bit more," said Pardew. "You have to take on board that hes a foreign player, newly-arrived in the country, and the injury happened so early for him.

"Would you really want to be stuck here with a broken leg, with people he doesn't really know? He's been brought up there, he knows the doctor and everything else. It's kind of a moral debate that me and the doctor have had - shall we bring him back?

"We just keep coming to the same decision - let's just leave him there, he seems to be progressing well.

"Other than him being in the city and getting used to the restaurants and God knows what else, there's no other benefit for us at the moment."

Guest Flatline

just keep him the f.uck away from our medical staff. We are in nomansland leaguewise anyway, doesnt matter if we end 10th or 15th as opposed to risking him getting a rebound

If you were to build a team around HBA what formation would you use?

Shola

HBA

Nolan

Jonas                Barton

Tiote

Perhaps replace Jonas with him and hoy Best in though. Obviously just need some strikers and a winger ideally.