Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm somewhere in between all of this. I feel in the longrun Ben Arfa is going to be crucial, as I don't believe Best and Ba will bring success over the course of a whole season. However, changing it right now would be harsh, I'd rather stick him on the wing since Best and Ba are getting us goals and causing defenders problems. However, I do not agree for a slight second that Ben Arfa should be behind Sammy Ameobi in the pecking order on the wing. Ridiculous.

Pardew : “My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle."

In his carrer, he played more out wide than in the hole. He was better centrally, behind the striker. He always expresses his preference for the number 10 role but never complained to be placed out wide.

no one said anything about he complaining or not, Pardew is the manager, if Pardew think he can't play there, he won't play there.

I think it would make sense sticking him out wide as well, while we have two in form strikers. However think Pardew doesn't like switching peoples roles around excessively, and prefers a settled side, so that probably explains his reluctance to stick him on right. Having said that with Marveaux and Obertan out, I struggle to think of a better idea than sticking him there. The worry is his tracking back, but Obertan was hardly brilliant at that.

I'm somewhere in between all of this. I feel in the longrun Ben Arfa is going to be crucial, as I don't believe Best and Ba will bring success over the course of a whole season. However, changing it right now would be harsh, I'd rather stick him on the wing since Best and Ba are getting us goals and causing defenders problems. However, I do not agree for a slight second that Ben Arfa should be behind Sammy Ameobi in the pecking order on the wing. Ridiculous.

Pardew : “My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle."

How is that in anyway relevant to my post if I may ask? I wrote what I think should be done. Not what Pardew thinks. I've read that quote 50times before so it isn't something new, and even if his best football comes through the middle, him on the right given a free role a bit like Freddie Ljungberg was given at Arsenal will be better than playing Sammy on the left or right. Sammy has done well when brought on tbf, but it doesn't mean he deserves to be ahead of ben Arfa.

Guest hatem garrincha

I think it would make sense sticking him out wide as well, while we have two in form strikers. However think Pardew doesn't like switching peoples roles around excessively, and prefers a settled side, so that probably explains his reluctance to stick him on right. Having said that with Marveaux and Obertan out, I struggle to think of a better idea than sticking him there. The worry is his tracking back, but Obertan was hardly brilliant at that.

He will never play like Jonas, it's sure, but he will be more dangerous than any other player of the team.

How is that in anyway relevant to my post if I may ask? I wrote what I think should be done. Not what Pardew thinks. I've read that quote 50times before so it isn't something new, and even if his best football comes through the middle, him on the right given a free role a bit like Freddie Ljungberg was given at Arsenal will be better than playing Sammy on the left or right. Sammy has done well when brought on tbf, but it doesn't mean he deserves to be ahead of ben Arfa.

it's the reason why even Sammy ahead of him in winger position, because Pardew doesn't consider him as a winger at all.

Guest hatem garrincha

I do not believe for a moment there is a problem between him and the coach, as some, the same as usual, trying to believe.

I don't know if i'm one of "the same as usual"  :lol: but I also talked about a possible "tension" between the two men, when I saw the way Hatem looking at Pardew ("Are you talking to me ?"  :lol:)

Guest tunisia

I do not believe for a moment there is a problem between him and the coach, as some, the same as usual, trying to believe.

I don't know if i'm one of "the same as usual"  :lol: but I also talked about a possible "tension" between the two men, when I saw the way Hatem looking at Pardew ("Are you talking to me ?"  :lol:)

My wife gave me the same look, I have to wonder questios then:)

Guest hatem garrincha

Problems between Ben Arfa and the club manager? Never.

Pardew is now his 6th (!!!) club manager (Le Guen, Houllier, Perrin, Gerets, Deschamps) since the start of his career.

The only real case of problem was with Deschamps, who didn't like the man (HBA) and is well known for his physical players preferences.

He had one incident with Gerets (when he refused to came off the bench against Paris) and despite this incident, the two men continued to appreciate each other (until now, Gerets is HBA "fanboy")

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What about the time when Ba was in space and only needed to be slipped through to have a clear run on goal, instead of doing that Ben Arfa heheld on to it too long and tried to beat the fullback again before losing possession.

What he'll find is if he doesn't start releasing the ball at the right time soon then our players will stop making those runs, we've seen that with unpredictable players here in the past.

I explained this in my post earlier. When he came on, our objective was to hold on to the lead not score another goal. This was what he was told to do by Pardew and this was what he did. Sure we could have done with a 3rd goal but it is not as simple as that. An attempted through pass could easily resulted in loss of possession if i) the pass went wrong, ii) was intercepted or iii) the striker (Ba) did not get to the ball on time. This would have been awful because our midfield was not only inferior but outnumbered and being overran and our defenders clearly knackered. His performance should be evaluated based on what he was told to do and our need in that particular game at that given point of time not just based on what we think is generally awesome.

So instead of looking for Ba he tried to beat the defender again and lost it.

Brilliant ball retention that. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The excuses and spin in this thread from the fanboys is verging on legendary.  :lol:

If he scores an own goal in the next match it wouldn't surprise me to pop in this thread and find out that he "had to do it to spur on his team mates"!

Just give it a rest until he actually does something  :lol:

Pathetic.

There's no need for excuses or spin.

He's a class player who has done nothing wrong for us so far. He's coming back from a serious injury and trying to break into a successful team.

Exactly.

Guest hatem garrincha

So instead of looking for Ba he tried to beat the defender again and lost it.

Brilliant ball retention that. :lol:

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass. He failed and will fail again in similar situations. But when it succeeds, and it will, you just sit on your sofa and appreciate how pure pleasure football is