Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I just think it's weird there seems to be this running argument about him for no reason. It's like people are trying to create something negative about the club while everything else is going so well. The simple facts are Ben Arfa used to be a class player and has been out for a year with a career threatening injury so he needs time to develop which im sure both he and the coaching staff are aware of and far more qualified to decide.

Exactly, spot on. The last few pages of this thread have been surreal.

Christmas Tree seems to be carrying on the same patter he had on Toontastic, tbf I hold my hands up and assumed they were getting at him solely because he was quite positive but it's looking like he just actually winds everyone up :lol:

Nah, it was because he's a knacker.

Christmas Tree seems to be carrying on the same patter he had on Toontastic, tbf I hold my hands up and assumed they were getting at him solely because he was quite positive but it's looking like he just actually winds everyone up :lol:

Nah, it was because he's a knacker.

From what I gather, Toontasic seems to be generally happy to not have CT as a regular poster these days. CT has told me otherwise.

but I can't see the point in blowing smoke up his arse when he hasn't really done anything so far this season.

Let's talk seriously man because you are 40 years old now. He hadn't many occasions to "really" do something. He's not playing enough.

The difference hear tbf is there will be the French posters and other English posters who have watched him for years and love him. Thats fine. I used to be like that with Beardsley and loved watching him play whoever it was for and would no doubt support him as you are doing.

There will be other fans, like me, who know little of him before he arrived and are hoping / waiting to be converts like yourself.

Whats tedious though is the "he will be this" or "This is not the right game" or "he was excellent" when he was average. This cant be highlighted better by looking at the length of his thread compared to probably the rest of the squad put together.

I am no different to the fans that I sit around at the match who get excited when he comes on, expect something special when he gets the ball and then sigh a touch or groan when it doesnt quite work, especially when a simple lay off would have kept the thing going.

This is why I originally banged on about the reserves. Everyone keeps saying he needs game time yet its obviously not going to happen any time soon. Surely getting match fit for the second string and knocking a few goals / assists would do his confidence the world of good.

I think some on here think Pardew is gently easing him back in in readiness for him becoming the number 10. It doesnt look that way to me and it looks as though Pardew is quite happy with Ba and Best and Ben Arfa is simply just another sub.

Regardless, people should try and be a little less precious discussing him.

Are you all serious with having a go at Ben arfa ??

I mean I saw the whole period he played and he did ok. During that time, it was Everton who had the possession of the ball and I thought he was brought on to keep the ball. And he did that thing pretty well to my mind.

Concerning the fact that Ben arfa wouldn't play in the wing, I'm sure that's absolutely rubbish (probably comes from someone imagination).

He was out during practically a year and then you tell me that he wouldn't play in the wing because he doen't like this position?? Come on, we have to be serious one second. He's such "hungry" of football that he'll play anywhere!

@"Chrismas Tree" : I'm sure you confused Ben arfa with another player because that's not possible otherwise. To make criticism on HBA on that game is just insane! He played only 20 minutes...

How many comments on the Best thread for example ?

:lol: 

The wing comments came from Pardew

I didnt criticise his performance I simply said it was an average display from him, nothing special.

Guest mimifrench

Are you all serious with having a go at Ben arfa ??

I mean I saw the whole period he played and he did ok. During that time, it was Everton who had the possession of the ball and I thought he was brought on to keep the ball. And he did that thing pretty well to my mind.

Concerning the fact that Ben arfa wouldn't play in the wing, I'm sure that's absolutely rubbish (probably comes from someone imagination).

He was out during practically a year and then you tell me that he wouldn't play in the wing because he doen't like this position?? Come on, we have to be serious one second. He's such "hungry" of football that he'll play anywhere!

@"Chrismas Tree" : I'm sure you confused Ben arfa with another player because that's not possible otherwise. To make criticism on HBA on that game is just insane! He played only 20 minutes...

How many comments on the Best thread for example ?

I didnt criticise his performance I simply said it was an average display from him, nothing special.

I'm not sure that Ben arfa said litterally to Pardew : "I don't want to play on the wing". I mean that can't be possible.

But if Ben arfa did it, it would show that he's the most stupid footballer onthe planet tbh.

He was out for a year, he should even accept to play at the place of the goalkeeper!!! Sorry, but it's avery strange story.

I know Pardew said that HBA hasn't any enthousiasm to play on that position but still...

The difference hear tbf is there will be the French posters and other English posters who have watched him for years and love him. Thats fine. I used to be like that with Beardsley and loved watching him play whoever it was for and would no doubt support him as you are doing.

There will be other fans, like me, who know little of him before he arrived and are hoping / waiting to be converts like yourself.

Whats tedious though is the "he will be this" or "This is not the right game" or "he was excellent" when he was average. This cant be highlighted better by looking at the length of his thread compared to probably the rest of the squad put together.

I am no different to the fans that I sit around at the match who get excited when he comes on, expect something special when he gets the ball and then sigh a touch or groan when it doesnt quite work, especially when a simple lay off would have kept the thing going.

This is why I originally banged on about the reserves. Everyone keeps saying he needs game time yet its obviously not going to happen any time soon. Surely getting match fit for the second string and knocking a few goals / assists would do his confidence the world of good.

I think some on here think Pardew is gently easing him back in in readiness for him becoming the number 10. It doesnt look that way to me and it looks as though Pardew is quite happy with Ba and Best and Ben Arfa is simply just another sub.

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What is an average display for somebody who comes on with 18 minutes to go in a game we're winning 2-1?

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

Spot on Mick.

What did you think of Marveaux yesterday?

You've also been quiet on the Jonas front recently as well. Although I expected you to pipe up about "how poor" he was yesterday.

See this is what happens when you assume  ;)

Jonas was crap yesterday however given that he ran his bollocks off earlier in the week I think he is allowed a duffer. I do still worry about his attacking which has almost ground to a halt. A few times yesterday he received the ball in good positions and the crowd were baying for him to scurry down the wing but he just waited and played the ball back or sideways. Hopefully Pardew can find a way to get both parts of his game working in tandem.

Marveaux is a hard one. I found his performance okay but unmemorable.  :undecided: You can see he is a quality player who is very comfortable on the ball, but he didnt seem to scare the opposition in the same way Obertans blistering runs down the right have done to some degree. It didnt help that he went from long sleeve top to short sleeve top in the second half! Spent ages trying to spot his long sleeve shirt  :lol:

As Ive said before, I dont think we have yet unearthed the perfect mix on the wings and up front. We seem to have all the right players but are using a mix that is getting us by when with the players we have, we should have a mix that is terrorising some defences. Part of this is down to the lack of threat down the left.

Personally I would love to see Marveaux on the left and Ben Arfa somewhere in the middle linking up as they did in the cup game. I would have Obertan on the right and give Jonas a breather.

I honestly think its a very tough one and we havent yet got it right......but hard to argue with third.  :lol:

What is an average display for somebody who comes on with 18 minutes to go in a game we're winning 2-1?

Someone who does very little wrong apart from giving away an odd free kick, plays fairly well and takes pressure off us when others around him are struggling.

Did you actually read what I posted.  :lol:

I said it was an average performance and that he should have passed to Ba, should have released the ball quicker and looked sluggish.

These same points have made by many posters on here over the last 24 hours so I guess we are all clueless.

Did you actually read what I posted.  :lol:

I said it was an average performance and that he should have passed to Ba, should have released the ball quicker and looked sluggish.

These same points have made by many posters on here over the last 24 hours so I guess we are all clueless.

You would be brilliant as an Inbetweeners character.

What did you think of Marveaux yesterday?

You've also been quiet on the Jonas front recently as well. Although I expected you to pipe up about "how poor" he was yesterday.

See this is what happens when you assume  ;)

Jonas was crap yesterday however given that he ran his bollocks off earlier in the week I think he is allowed a duffer. I do still worry about his attacking which has almost ground to a halt. A few times yesterday he received the ball in good positions and the crowd were baying for him to scurry down the wing but he just waited and played the ball back or sideways. Hopefully Pardew can find a way to get both parts of his game working in tandem.

:rolleyes:

Guest Benarfanufc10

;D

I's shame ben arfa is 7 th for wing in nufc :idiot2:

You understand nothing important in the football team is the talent and you have your results are not good for how long at best with this team you will finish 8 th solidarity that can not work 38 games in two years 13

Ben Arfa can you bring in the top 4 and showtime do not thestupid you will regret it as the ol om and no longer champion since his departure

A Ben Arfa there is no 5 in pl so if it does not meet city he will go above his mad desire to play against this team and missing Obertan Marveaux

How not to winger Ben Arfa Pardew used the excuse of 10 to put Ben Arfa on the bench

Ben Arfa vs norway youtube wing right what obertan or marveaux :fool: sammy :kasper:

Ben arfa need to play and trust

“I wouldn’t disagree that the team is coming first,” “I think perhaps that’s the best way, as well.”

“With the likes of Ronaldo and Messi you have this fantastic individuals who can take you to another level in a good team. But you need the team first.”

“Take Messi out of Barcelona and they’re still a very good side – they might not be the best in Europe without him, I’m not sure they are – but that is what those top players can do.”

“Whether we can unearth one, whether Hatem is one of those to us, or Sammy Ameobi is or Demba Ba is – I’ve no idea. That’s to come. But where we are at the minute, we’re a good team.”

“I was confident in the defense. We went into the summer without losing any of our defenders so I was quite confident about our defenders,”

;D

You understand nothing important in the football team is the talent and you have your results are not good for how long at best with this team you will finish 8 th solidarity that can not work 38 games in two years 13

Ben Arfa can you bring in the top 4 and showtime do not thestupid you will regret it as the ol om and no longer champion since his departure

A Ben Arfa there is no 5 in pl so if it does not meet city he will go above his mad desire to play against this team and missing Obertan Marveaux

How not to winger Ben Arfa Pardew used the excuse of 10 to put Ben Arfa on the bench

Ben Arfa vs youtube norway what obertan or marveaux :fool: sammy :kasper:

Ben arfa need to play and trust

“I wouldn’t disagree that the team is coming first,” “I think perhaps that’s the best way, as well.”

“With the likes of Ronaldo and Messi you have this fantastic individuals who can take you to another level in a good team. But you need the team first.”

“Take Messi out of Barcelona and they’re still a very good side – they might not be the best in Europe without him, I’m not sure they are – but that is what those top players can do.”

“Whether we can unearth one, whether Hatem is one of those to us, or Sammy Ameobi is or Demba Ba is – I’ve no idea. That’s to come. But where we are at the minute, we’re a good team.”

“I was confident in the defense. We went into the summer without losing any of our defenders so I was quite confident about our defenders,”

??? Not sure why you quoted me. My post was in direct reply to Cajun's post above mine.