Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Being ball-greedy when there's a simple pass on is how he should be playing? Righto...

I don't think there was a simple pass, tbf.

And Ben Arfa is exactly the kind of player who wants to do everything.

You can definitely say that he made wrong decisions to hold onto the ball when in our half, especially when we nearly conceded.  He will know that.

Certainly not in the final third though.  He did exactly what he should be doing.

Guest hatem garrincha

So he didn't hold onto the ball/try to do too much at times on Saturday?

If he's still doing that in two months time then you can say you were right. I don't think it was that shocking that he got caught a couple of times after such a long lay off. Dan Gosling looked similarly off the pace when he made his comeback appearance against a championship team.

If he's still doing that in two months times, without a couple of very dangerous chances to score per match, without putting the other team under a madness pressure, you can say you were right  :lol: (because he will always hold onto the ball/try to do too much at times)

Guest hatem garrincha

Key here is that Baggio doesn't seem to be able to analyse play very well.

Key here is that Baggio isn't one of these foreign fan boys and instead gives an impartial opinion on all of our players that is formed from going to games.

I don't think "these foreign fan boys" gave partial opinions concerning HBA. mimifrench has pointed the player/man's defaults in many occasions here.

Everybody is conscious about the efforts and changes he has to make to become a world class player, to take the step from his actual statut of eternal promising great player.

I feel that he find in Newcastle THE club and in Pardew THE manager which will help him to succeed.

I also feel that he's more mature now and conscious that he will not have too many other chances if he fails.

Ridiculous having a go at Ben Arfa already.

Who's having a go at him?

You are being overly negative/having a go. He's been 1 year out, and within his first hour of football there is people complaining about his performance. It's just wrong. Everyone knows he will need time.

"overly negative" ffs :lol: He's not immune from criticism.

Believe it or not, everyone knows he's been out for year and everyone knows he needs time. Doesn't mean we have to sit here and go "la la la la wow isn't he super perfect?"

Ridiculous having a go at Ben Arfa already.

Who's having a go at him?

You are being overly negative/having a go. He's been 1 year out, and within his first hour of football there is people complaining about his performance. It's just wrong. Everyone knows he will need time.

So by pointing out he didn't play well means I'm having a go? :lol:

Looks like Fugazi hit the nail on the head on the previous page.

Itll take him a while to get back to his best, in that game though it was not his ability that let him down, its the fact he sees us doing great and he wants to be our best player.  Which ability wise he is, he just wanted to remind us hes here and tried to much.  Once he scores a goal and is starting each game hell settle down and we'll haev one of the best players in the league on our hands whether he can be consistent I have no idea.  Well see sunday was just him trying to show us how great he is but he took it too far and is a bit rusty.

So by pointing out he didn't play well means I'm having a go? :lol:

Looks like Fugazi hit the nail on the head on the previous page.

Ben Arfa is a player coming back after a year out through injury, he was given 20 minutes to try to do something and probably tried too hard.  He needs game time to gain match fitness and he needs to start so that he can relax and get used to the players around him.

"overly negative" ffs :lol: He's not immune from criticism.

Believe it or not, everyone knows he's been out for year and everyone knows he needs time. Doesn't mean we have to sit here and go "la la la la wow isn't he super perfect?"

Absolutely spot on and also fair to discuss how our style of play will change with or without him.

IMO I thought that Baggio fella made some valid sensible points.

One of those arguments that will only be settled after various games ( if then given the way Jonas split debate over the years).

No point in putting Ben Arfa on the wing; he'd not stay there, the team will lose shape and he'd get subbed and frustrated. I'd give Obertan one last chance & replace him with Marveaux if he doesn't take it & whilst it would be harsh on Best I'd put Ben Arfa in for him.

Pardew has to make difficult decisions & I'd say the Wigan game is the one when he asks Ben Arfa to show what he's got.

I'm sure i read somewhere that the player who gives possession away the most for barca is Messi...

Its the nature of the beast as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't it be a valid point to say that an orthodox pass that's on is easier to defend against than an unorthodox dribble in tight areas. Football to the finer detail is about gambling, whether it be playing a through ball with a tight angle, whether it be peeling off at the back post for a cross or in ben arfas case whether it be taking on men in advanced positions.

He'll lose a few of those gambles but he'll definitely win more than his fair share because plain and simply he's so sublimly talented, its an aspect of his game Im always willing to accept, much like I'm willing to accept tiote flaws with his yellow cards and colocinnis flaws with not sleeping with my girlfriend.

As the Man city game is coming up,

I would be interested on how many think HBA Should play,

or should we leave him out for this game.

Would hate for another Nigel De Jong's ill-timed sliding challenges on him. :frantic:

Definitely should play. He's shown no signs of nervousness, it'd be daft to hide him from that dirty bastard forever.