Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest benarfaNUFC

Ben arfa  is not yet a good pace

You are severe because it has a rule to its entry

skysport 6 Had a big impact, setting up Ameobi for the late equaliser.

he wanted to hit to change the course of the joker macth in what he does often

Example Ben Arfa vs Real Madrid A UCL10 by adriano89.wmv

Could have sworn it was Ryan Taylor who got the assist, not skysport 6.

I'm french but sky not said he give assist just setting up lol

could have sworn it came off tiote to shola.

Yeah but you're a harmless old drunk, you don't even remember the game.

Hopefully a sign that both will play(/start) against Wigan.

I take it by that post that you think they should play on Saturday?  Can i ask why you would want to throw in 2 players who have barely played a competitive game in a year into a team that is playing really well and unbeaten? 

I take it by that post that you think they should play on Saturday?  Can i ask why you would want to throw in 2 players who have barely played a competitive game in a year into a team that is playing really well and unbeaten? 

I'd play both.

I'd play both.

could have sworn it came off tiote to shola.

Yeah but you're a harmless old drunk, you don't even remember the game.

haven't seen it again due to early starts and you're partially right, i don't remember every touch of every game. i'm quite suspicious of those that claim to.

Hopefully a sign that both will play(/start) against Wigan.

At one point Ben Arfa has to come in any way. He is top class. Wigan will be perfect for him, and if Pardew and Ben Arfa himself thinks he's ready - he is. Really not a fan of Obertan, and I think it's time to give the better player (yes, Marveaux) the chance to prove himself.

I'd play both.

in place of who?  Obertan and Best? 

If i was to make one change i think i'd be tempted to play HBA on the right hand side, in a similar role to how Modric played for Spurs, with licence to come inside. 

I don't think we could risk putting two players who have been out for so long and lacking match fitness into a league game,  even the likes of Wigan are a different level to playing Forest in a cup game.

I'd play both.

I don't think we could risk putting two players who have been out for so long and lacking match fitness into a league game,  even the likes of Wigan are a different level to playing Forest in a cup game.

Yes. Marveaux got through 120 minutes of football against Nottingham. He'll be fine. Ben Arfa needs games to settle, and Wigan will be perfect for him. IMO not much of a risk.

HBA looked lively and its very exciting what he will do for us with the added dimension of his skill soon, when he gets a few matches under his belt and he returns to match sharpness.

Few standout moments for me:

1) Like was said before, when he's on the ball, there are nearly 2-4 opposition players around him trying to close him down, in time he'll get rid of the ball quicker or not be in the position as he'll have already whipped by his marker

2) He made a brilliant run on the counter attack with just a slightly mishit ball to Jonas on the wing, my word his pace and acceleration were top-notch

Looking fwd to seeing him get more time, will be a little harsh on Besty, but Ba is undroppable at the moment.

I like Best very much, and he's done better than we thought he would, maybe not as good in the the last two games.

Might be harsh to drop him, i agree, but this isn't a football team for kids in school.

I like Best very much, and he's done better than we thought he would, maybe not as good in the the last two games.

Might be harsh to drop him, i agree, but this isn't a football team for kids in school.

:thup:

At home against Wigan is perfect for Ben Arfa to start in behind Ba.

The thing is, you drop best and you drop the 4-4-2 system.

And that's what we need to do imo, we haven't had much of a link between midfield and attack. Ba/Best have dropped down and done it well but they aren't any AMC. I think Cabaye will thrive on us having that link there in between.

Plus we are going to play very good teams further ahead where we definately wont play 4-4-2 anyway, might as well start to prepare now imo.

Not particularly bothered about any formation change, Ba and Best have both been doing well individually but they've not exactly been showing Yorke/Cole levels of linking up. I'm pretty confident we can score goals against Wigan from areas other than the centre-forwards. If it doesn't work, Best is a good option from the bench with a point to prove etc.

Ben Arfa in a position between our striker and midfield will certainly improve our team when it comes to posession, either he'll be an easy option to play the ball to, or the opposition will put a man to mark him, but then that'll free up more space for Tioté and Cabaye. Plus he's very good at keeping the ball when he's got it.

Some times during our earlier games it's been a little bit too tight in midfield to play the ball to our cm's from the back, especially when you consider that Colo is the only one of our defenders capable of making a quality pass when the margins are small (sp?) That has often resulted in us hitting some long balls to our strikers, Ba and Best have done well in this department but it's still hard to retain posession while at the same time the ball reaches them our midfield is in a too deep starting position.

Hard to explain well in english and getting my message through.

If i was to make one change i think i'd be tempted to play HBA on the right hand side, in a similar role to how Modric played for Spurs, with licence to come inside. 

Yes I would drop Obertan and Best.  Playing lower league teams in the cup and Forest have proven that against us as they pushed us for 120 minutes and we didn't win the game until the last minute of extra time.  We've had easier games than that this season in the league and I would say that Scunthorpe also did well and it again took extra time to win it.

Not sure Ben Arfa is right for the role off the striker. Think Ba could easily get isolated that way.

Might be the case, but to be honest even if they've done well their link up play together hasn't been anything special, seems like one of them goes out wide very often or come deep to meet the ball anyways, so i would like to think that Ben Arfa could be the one going out wide when needed and pick up the ball between midfield and attack, and do it better as well plus giving us other advantages with him in front of Cabaye and Tioté.

Ben Arfa should just come in for Obertan or stay on the bench as an impact player. We have two strikers on form, and one wing player who is contributing very little offnsively or defensively. I thought he looked vulnerable in the middle, personally. It would be typically English to through a #10 on the wing, but I really believe it is the best option right now.