Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

When he's played this year I've found myself shouting at the screen for him to work harder, and he needs to.

This is the English game, everyone needs to contribute defensively and you can't get away with being a man down defensively against most teams.

Is that you, Fat Sam?

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Obertan except that one day it would espliquer that football is not to take the ball to run to the point of corner.

:lol:

is the trduction makes you laugh  :whistle: :D

and then you noticed the  :lol:

No, not the traduction, but your perfect description of Obertan's skill  :lol:

Or the way he hit a sprite with the ball and suddenly it stops you do not know why. he had to do 2 / 3 times the match derneir  :idiot2:

When he's played this year I've found myself shouting at the screen for him to work harder, and he needs to.

This is the English game, everyone needs to contribute defensively and you can't get away with being a man down defensively against most teams.

Is that you, Fat Sam?

Which teams in the Premier League don't defend from the front these days?

I bet you can't name one.

Is that you, Fat Sam?

Which teams in the Premier League don't defend from the front these days?

I bet you can't name one.

Everton, cos they don't have any strikers. http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGDm0iXw0HtuJsWxExgQEZCsIfF95Uk9TMlUL57fS8k42EQxlpnDeQ9EM

It's "envisage" I'll have you know  :troll:

Seriously though, it is.

I've done that one a few times now. :embarrassed:

Ha ha, I just highlighted it to give all the people you've (quite rightly) pulled up for poor spelling and grammar a chance to sneer at you, with it being the season of goodwill and everything  O0.

Regarding Ben Arfa, I think for him to be most effective we need to change our style of play quite a bit and for Pardew place a lot of trust in him to put in big performances, we can't play as directly down the wings (as we're trying to at the moment) as we'd be much less effective with him replacing one of the bigger forwards like Best or Shola or Ba. If he gets to play in the hole behind Ba we'd be going through the middle a lot more and relying on Ben Arfa to orchestrate a lot of our final third attacking play, against Chelsea this didn't work too well (Romeu was exceptional and Chelsea were very well organised) but I think it would against the dross, I'd love to see Cabaye, Tiote and Ben Arfa in front of them against Bolton.

I can understand Pardew going with Best and Ba, they are effective together and he knows that they'll create chances just through their strength and work rate, but Ben Arfa needs to be given a fair crack against some of the mid-table sides, hopefully tomorrow, and certainly against utter shite like Bolton on boxing day, even just to give us a proper plan B in matches like Swansea where it was clear plan A stopped working rather than just chuck on Sammy and Shola and hope for "a diagonal ball and a header" (that's pretty much exactly what he said as well  :facepalm:. I do worry that Pardew is too conservative to do this though, and that come the summer we'll get "he's clearly a talented player, but for whatever reason it just hasn't worked for him here, and we wish him well at (insert 3rd-7th placed Italian/German/Spanish/French team here)  :pardsgrin:".

Shear Magic.

Defend from the front? What is this shit? Ben Arfa has put pressure on defenders a lot when playing, thats classed as defending as you cant expect him or other players like him or Ba or Best to put in tackles all the time.

Some people on this board are sheer ridiculous sometimes. Sammy, Obertan have nothing over ben Arfa in terms of production or anything else. I can see why Best might be starting even if hes the inferior player, as his style helps us up top, but nothing suggests that Obe or Sammy should play ahead except Pardews ignorant view of HBA only being able to play in the 10 role. Against Everton he tracked back a lot, and I feel that by playing him wide, losing the ball couple of times wont cause as much problems as in the middle. 

Guest hatem garrincha

Regarding Ben Arfa, I think for him to be most effective we need to change our style of play quite a bit and for Pardew place a lot of trust in him to put in big performances, we can't play as directly down the wings (as we're trying to at the moment) as we'd be much less effective with him replacing one of the bigger forwards like Best or Shola or Ba. If he gets to play in the hole behind Ba we'd be going through the middle a lot more and relying on Ben Arfa to orchestrate a lot of our final third attacking play, against Chelsea this didn't work too well (Romeu was exceptional and Chelsea were very well organised) but I think it would against the dross, I'd love to see Cabaye, Tiote and Ben Arfa in front of them against Bolton.

I can understand Pardew going with Best and Ba, they are effective together and he knows that they'll create chances just through their strength and work rate, but Ben Arfa needs to be given a fair crack against some of the mid-table sides, hopefully tomorrow, and certainly against utter s**** like Bolton on boxing day, even just to give us a proper plan B in matches like Swansea where it was clear plan A stopped working rather than just chuck on Sammy and Shola and hope for "a diagonal ball and a header" (that's pretty much exactly what he said as well  :facepalm:. I do worry that Pardew is too conservative to do this though

This

It's "envisage" I'll have you know  :troll:

Seriously though, it is.

I've done that one a few times now. :embarrassed:

Ha ha, I just highlighted it to give all the people you've (quite rightly) pulled up for poor spelling and grammar a chance to sneer at you, with it being the season of goodwill and everything  O0.

I can understand Pardew going with Best and Ba, they are effective together and he knows that they'll create chances just through their strength and work rate, but Ben Arfa needs to be given a fair crack against some of the mid-table sides, hopefully tomorrow, and certainly against utter shite like Bolton on boxing day, even just to give us a proper plan B in matches like Swansea where it was clear plan A stopped working rather than just chuck on Sammy and Shola and hope for "a diagonal ball and a header" (that's pretty much exactly what he said as well  :facepalm:. I do worry that Pardew is too conservative to do this though, and that come the summer we'll get "he's clearly a talented player, but for whatever reason it just hasn't worked for him here, and we wish him well at (insert 3rd-7th placed Italian/German/Spanish/French team here)  :pardsgrin:".

Top post.

Pards continues on his merry way playing 442 with two mildy threatening wingers, a left winger who can't cross with his left foot and a right winger who can't play football. :lol:

Guest tunisia

Hello

it would seem that there is already a problem with Ben Arfa.

the coach does not seem to trust him, and looks over Ben Arfa.

the world of football is truly a world of hypocrisy.

he played Ben Arfa only against the three best teams and off for Manchester, he made two good but not great game, but against chelsea he replaces the half-time and since no longer does not play as Ben Arfa not mark.

if they want Ben Arfa brand, it is still necessary to let him play and not make a recovery. why did he say anything to Obertan, Best, or others who are not in shape but play all the time. If I remember correctly Ben Arfa was one of the best against the Manchesters, yet it gives the brothers Ameobi who contribute nothing for now.

to believe that he knew that at Newcastle would be in trouble, and had to find the problem in the person of Ben Arfa as happens by chance at the moment the hardest

Pardew should stop looking for false problems and fulfill its error

I am so sick to death of this crap that gets spewed - "prodigious talent", "gifted", everyone else is shite in comparison. He has made two, count 'em TWO appearances as a sub for France in the last 2 and a half seasons. You have to go all the way back to the heady days of 2007 if you wanted to see him get an International start (unfortunately, you wouldn't see hiom finish as he was generally subbed off at aroung 75 minutes).

The guy is possibly just slightly above average but we don't know that because he can't seem to earn a place in the team. I am not part of the youtube generation that drools over tribute compilations lasting 2 minutes. All I can go by is what he does when we see him play and also what the coaches and manager deem him worthy of.

It is entirely comical that Obertan is shit, Jonas is shit, Shola is shit, Sami is shit, Vuckic is shit, etc. etc. Guess what children, they are ahead of Ben Arfa because they are more deserving of a place PERIOD.

Glorify him all you want but the fact is he hasn't earned it.

You are a fuckin moron.

OK so that is how this board works.

As the reason that pregnant women shouldn't drink, I am surprised you even found  the key board to bang out your eloquent narrative.

For my part, I think it is laudable that your keeper is trying to introduce you back in to society.

Time for your medicine and please don't hit your mommy today - she has told you she doesn't like it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I am so sick to death of this crap that gets spewed - "prodigious talent", "gifted", everyone else is shite in comparison. He has made two, count 'em TWO appearances as a sub for France in the last 2 and a half seasons. You have to go all the way back to the heady days of 2007 if you wanted to see him get an International start (unfortunately, you wouldn't see hiom finish as he was generally subbed off at aroung 75 minutes).

The guy is possibly just slightly above average but we don't know that because he can't seem to earn a place in the team. I am not part of the youtube generation that drools over tribute compilations lasting 2 minutes. All I can go by is what he does when we see him play and also what the coaches and manager deem him worthy of.

It is entirely comical that Obertan is shit, Jonas is shit, Shola is shit, Sami is shit, Vuckic is shit, etc. etc. Guess what children, they are ahead of Ben Arfa because they are more deserving of a place PERIOD.

Glorify him all you want but the fact is he hasn't earned it.

You are a fuckin moron.

OK so that is how this board works.

As the reason that pregnant women shouldn't drink, I am surprised you even found  the key board to bang out your eloquent narrative.

For my part, I think it is laudable that your keeper is trying to introduce you back in to society.

Time for your medicine and please don't hit your mommy today - she has told you she doesn't like it.

Ffs :lol:

Hello

it would seem that there is already a problem with Ben Arfa.

the coach does not seem to trust him, and looks over Ben Arfa.

the world of football is truly a world of hypocrisy.

he played Ben Arfa only against the three best teams and off for Manchester, he made two good but not great game, but against chelsea he replaces the half-time and since no longer does not play as Ben Arfa not mark.

if they want Ben Arfa brand, it is still necessary to let him play and not make a recovery. why did he say anything to Obertan, Best, or others who are not in shape but play all the time. If I remember correctly Ben Arfa was one of the best against the Manchesters, yet it gives the brothers Ameobi who contribute nothing for now.

to believe that he knew that at Newcastle would be in trouble, and had to find the problem in the person of Ben Arfa as happens by chance at the moment the hardest

Pardew should stop looking for false problems and fulfill its error

Good post. Completely agree. A major flaw in the argument that Ben Arfa has looked 'poor' is the fact said 'poor' performances were against two of the best teams in the league (he looked dangerous against City).

Guest bimpy474

FFS, we have a player trying to adjust in the hardest league for touch and flair players to settle in, due to its pace, bustle and attempts to shake off its 4-4-2-ness, it can take player like HBA a season or so to settle in our football, add to that the lad broke his leg in a monumentally bad way, its not a surprise he had trouble finding his best fitness and form.

I'm giving HBA as long as he needs to settle into our team, at a pace that suits him and our manager who know far more about it than us keyboard warriors, a special player is HBA and time will prove that i hope, but patience is the key to all this, from everyone would nice like.

FFS, we have a player trying to adjust in the hardest league for touch and flair players to settle in, due to its pace, bustle and attempts to shake off its 4-4-2-ness, it can take player like HBA a season or so to settle in our football, add to that the lad broke his leg in a monumentally bad way, its not a surprise he had trouble finding his best fitness and form.

I'm giving HBA as long as he needs to settle into our team, at a pace that suits him and our manager who know far more about it than us keyboard warriors, a special player is HBA and time will prove that i hope, but patience is the key to all this, from everyone would nice like.

But Obe or Sammy havent settled in this league, why are they getting picked ahead. Its Pardews naive view on Ben Arfa only playing the nr10 role. Play him outwide, he cannot be worse han Obe or Sammy ffs.

We will almost certainly in the near future when he's back to his best look back and smile at all this talk about Ben Arfa's comeback.

This happens as we have too high expectations too early (myself included) because we/many of us know what a great player he

can be and that he's one hell of a talent plain and simple.I've been frustrated about all this that he hasn't hit the ground running yet,

despite showing some glimpses of stuff that not many players can do.

Don't know about you, but to be totally honest with myself, i'll have to admit that despite knowing in my head that it will always take a

long time before he's back to his best and becomes the player he was, i've still got frustrated that he hasn't delivered what we know he can do.

I think that the main reason is that me/you so desperately want him to succeed that our heart and emotions somehow take over what we deep

down in the back of our heads know is a bit unrealistic.

It will take time, we'll need to have patience and we all know this already, im struggling with this myself as said, but when time comes i will just enjoy

it to the maximum as he's the type of player that makes football worth watching.