Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

Bimpy f***ing hell. Youre saying that because Javier and Carlos were bought without Pardew knowledge its not weird he didnt play them? Come on get a f***ing grip. So basically it be ok for Pardew to bench Carlos if he was bought for us omorrow without Pardews knowledge?

f***ing hell.

Hypothetical and would never happen, world class players i mean, Xisco i know but not exactly a world beater was he ?

It might have been wrong, actually think it was myself, you play your best team whatever in my opinion, but it was a battle of wills between him and Brown, now nothing makes that right, but its about the stubborness of a man isn't it, as my brother told me at the time, it appeared that Pardew chopped and changed Tevez and Mascherano, as much a possible, settling in etc but him and many others were convinced it was his anger at the board going behind his back, his relationship with the West Ham board fell apart from that moment on.

Also there have been many occasions where players are left out if it triggers appearance payments, or a new contract (Salgado today), the managers dont want to do leave their better players out but they play the Chairmans game, instead of walking away.

Ok, then I can agree with you. I thought  you were defending him for doing so.

Oh sorry mate, i should have made that clearer, i'm only going on what i saw and what i was told at the time, i would have played them if i was staying on as manager, Pardew should have walked but i suppose as he has said since, you learn from previous mistakes.

HBA was a wide man but in 4-3-3 and not a 4-4-2

He was in both systems.

The Tevez/West Ham thing is a ridiculous comparison to bring in, its just a stick to beat Pardew with if he does anything wrong here when picking a team, Tevez and Mascherano were bought without Pardews knowledge

<<Pardew expects the arrivals of Tevez and Mascherano to take West Ham on to the next level.

The Hammers boss said: "It is a massive coup for us.

"I've no doubt this will give us a real chance to compete with the very best teams in the Premiership and in Europe.

"I didn't have to sell West Ham to them. They knew all about our success last season and our style of play."

(...)

"I know West Ham fans will take to him straight away. He is in the same bracket as Paolo Di Canio in terms of what he can bring - charisma, high skill and excitement," Pardew added.

"Mascherano is a different player - he brings a calming influence in possession and is an intelligent player on the pitch.

"Not only am I excited by the arrivals of Carlos and Javier, but the entire squad is too, and I am sure our supporters feel the same. What a day for West Ham United.

"I've already had three or four of our players on the phone. They are all very excited by the news, and I'm sure there will be a real buzz around the place when we report back for training on Tuesday morning.

"I've said all along that, while signing young English players remains very important to our transfer policy, I want to take this club forward and will get talent from wherever it is available.

"Our chairman Terry Brown came to me on Monday and gave me the opportunity to go for Carlos and Javier - and you don't turn down the chance to sign two world-class players."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/5304708.stm

Couple of weeks later he caught Masch eating an ice cream and apparenly Tevez didn't laugh at one of Pards jokes. Off to the reserves boys. :lol:

When he's played this year I've found myself shouting at the screen for him to work harder, and he needs to.

This is the English game, everyone needs to contribute defensively and you can't get away with being a man down defensively against most teams.

Christ almighty.

:sadnod:

What has the world of football come to when players like Ben Arfa don't get a game because they don't contribute enough defensively? What in the fuck happened to being adventurous, fun, exciting? What happened to giving it a go? What happened to playing to win? We have an excellent player on our hands who will help the team a lot but we're persisting with shite like Obertan because they run around and do fuck all.

If this is really the reason that Ben Arfa isn't getting games then Pardew's an idiot. I'm sorry, but it's true. He's more like Souness than SBR if this is true.

We're actually a team which needs to score the first goal. When we do, we look so much more comfortable. When we concede and the other team drops back, we struggle to create chances, which is why players like Ben Arfa need to be played from the start.

Guest bimpy474

When he's played this year I've found myself shouting at the screen for him to work harder, and he needs to.

This is the English game, everyone needs to contribute defensively and you can't get away with being a man down defensively against most teams.

Christ almighty.

:sadnod:

What has the world of football come to when players like Ben Arfa don't get a game because they don't contribute enough defensively? What in the fuck happened to being adventurous, fun, exciting? What happened to giving it a go? What happened to playing to win? We have an excellent player on our hands who will help the team a lot but we're persisting with shite like Obertan because they run around and do fuck all.

If this is really the reason that Ben Arfa isn't getting games then Pardew's an idiot. I'm sorry, but it's true. He's more like Souness than SBR if this is true.

We're actually a team which needs to score the first goal. When we do, we look so much more comfortable. When we concede and the other team drops back, we struggle to create chances, which is why players like Ben Arfa need to be played from the start.

Agree with you there mate, one of the things that cloud this i think is actually Barcelona and their success, they work so hard to win the ball back if they do actually give it away, all managers now seem to think that way, but Barcelona are a freak thing to me, players brought up that way and players brought into it with the same ethic, you just cant recreate that kind of thing by getting all 10 outfield players to work like Barca's do just like that.

We cant all be like them, we should be able to have a luxury player and creative force to drift about, to do that though we have get out teams to play more expansive systems, hope we do like.

Guest hatem garrincha

HBA was a wide man but in 4-3-3 and not a 4-4-2

He was in both systems.

The Tevez/West Ham thing is a ridiculous comparison to bring in, its just a stick to beat Pardew with if he does anything wrong here when picking a team, Tevez and Mascherano were bought without Pardews knowledge

<<Pardew expects the arrivals of Tevez and Mascherano to take West Ham on to the next level.

The Hammers boss said: "It is a massive coup for us.

"I've no doubt this will give us a real chance to compete with the very best teams in the Premiership and in Europe.

"I didn't have to sell West Ham to them. They knew all about our success last season and our style of play."

(...)

"I know West Ham fans will take to him straight away. He is in the same bracket as Paolo Di Canio in terms of what he can bring - charisma, high skill and excitement," Pardew added.

"Mascherano is a different player - he brings a calming influence in possession and is an intelligent player on the pitch.

"Not only am I excited by the arrivals of Carlos and Javier, but the entire squad is too, and I am sure our supporters feel the same. What a day for West Ham United.

"I've already had three or four of our players on the phone. They are all very excited by the news, and I'm sure there will be a real buzz around the place when we report back for training on Tuesday morning.

"I've said all along that, while signing young English players remains very important to our transfer policy, I want to take this club forward and will get talent from wherever it is available.

"Our chairman Terry Brown came to me on Monday and gave me the opportunity to go for Carlos and Javier - and you don't turn down the chance to sign two world-class players."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/5304708.stm

Couple of weeks later he caught Masch eating an ice cream and apparenly Tevez didn't laugh at one of Pards jokes. Off to the reserves boys. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Pards is so nervous about the physical side and work rate of the PL I think it's clouding his judgement.

Completely agree, its about having athletes now.

Guest bimpy474

The Pro Zone stuff dont help all this either, in the last few days we had Cabaye wanting to know how many passes and through balls he makes, and a few days ago it was Pardew and how many yards a player runs, thats the difference, tbf to Pardew he wants us to keep the ball more which should mean less chasing down and more passing, i think you do that with HBA in the team rather than hoying it up to Shola like.

Guest bimpy474

Bit harsh comparing Pardew to Souness; as it is comparing Robert to Ben Arfa. Different scenarios.

Aye, Robert had played and proven, yet Souness didn't think worked hard enough, whereas HBA is a player Pardew hasn't seen too much in a game situation and is hard to judge because he's returning from such a bad injury, imo like.

Bit harsh comparing Pardew to Souness; as it is comparing Robert to Ben Arfa. Different scenarios.

We currently have a manager who is not playing a skilful player because he’s not grafting enough.

The Pro Zone stuff dont help all this either, in the last few days we had Cabaye wanting to know how many passes and through balls he makes, and a few days ago it was Pardew and how many yards a player runs, thats the difference, tbf to Pardew he wants us to keep the ball more which should mean less chasing down and more passing, i think you do that with HBA in the team rather than hoying it up to Shola like.

Pro Zone fear is probs why Obertan holds onto the ball for an enternity, going round in circles and increasing the gravitational field of the planet.

:lol: :lol:

We currently have a manager who is not playing a skilful player because he’s not grafting enough.

That's speculation. And again, I'm unhappy about it too, but there are more differences than similarities with the Robert v Souness situation.

Guest bimpy474

I think its a bit more to it than that, but have to admit to being a bit worried if that was the case.

Guest bimpy474

Pro Zone fear is probs why Obertan holds onto the ball for an enternity, going round in circles and increasing the gravitational field of the planet.

Yeah then Simpson gets sucked into the vortex and we are caught on the break down that side :D

That's speculation. And again, I'm unhappy about it too, but there are more differences than similarities with the Robert v Souness situation.

I hope that you're right but I have my doubts.

I don't want to repeat myself but this argument that Obertan is preferred because he's more hard working defensively is a poor joke. Let's be clear, defensively Obertan is fairly shit. I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe Pardew trusts him to stay wide whereas Ben Arfa would probably drift in a lot more. Maybe it's a team shape thing. It's still bollocks but at least that would be a more realistic excuse.

Guest vainsharpdad

Ben Arfa is a player who responds to feeling loved, wanted and appreciated.

He's your archetypal arm-round-the-shoulder guy. He does not respond *at all* to foot up the arse.

What you do is tell him he's wonderful, wind him up and point him at the pitch - you'll get a performance.

Pardew has started to do some of the things fans of his previous clubs warned us about.

It's a teeny bit worrying, but not causing me any palpitations just yet.

Complete nonsense, there isn't a West Ham fan i've found who wanted him sacked, i live in a West Ham area, my own brother is one, again no Southampton fans were complaining about Pardew, in fact praising him for the young players he brought into the team there. Some Reading fans dislike him because he left them in a not very good way to take over at West Ham, not about their football or his decisions on that side of it.

Charlton fans seem to be a little forgiving now as it turns out, they were on a slide that even Mourinho wouldn't have stopped.

Please show me where I said that anyone wanted him sacked.

Please show me where I said that I wanted him sacked. (I don't)

I just said that they warned that he would do a few odd things - selection and tactic-wise. He has. And my main point was on how to manage Ben Arfa.

I'll worry when he starts running about in a ferrari...

I'm not convinced over his benching Ben Arfa, I think he sometimes bottles it and goes for the safer option defensively, which though annoying, isn't the worst crime. Whether he is badly man managing Ben Arfa we really don't know yet.