Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think the balls in nufcs court. If we make a realistic offer this could be a swift process. Cleverley staying puts hughton in a precarious situation, he needs HBA.

I worry that our management will do what they normally do and fuck this up!

Still cannot believe they can expect to treat a player this badly and then suddenly expect him to be bleeding the team's colours when they suddenly need his services. The whole thing has been handled incredibly poorly.

Lucky you.. You support two of the worst run clubs in Europe by the looks of it.. ;)

When did everyone become zinaldo?

This thread is driven the entire board nuts. You can read some article in French (using Google translator) and you know everything--Ashley's grand scheme, dassier's machinations, Ben Arfa's asperations.    :cheesy:

can't see him staying at marseille but, as it stands, if we don't make a proper bid he won't be coming. if marseille know other sides are interested they can just wait until the end of the transfer window and tell HBA his choices are go to one of the german or russian clubs bidding or stay and play under deschamps.

I'm still struggling to understand how Newcastle, at this moment in time, have managed to turn HBA's head.

He's young, likes to party, Newcastle is the 2nd biggest party capital in Europe behind Amsterdam, and I don't think Ajax are interested in. A great place for him to blow all of his money.

Guest Wally_McFool

I'm still struggling to understand how Newcastle, at this moment in time, have managed to turn HBA's head.

Maybe Daveed or Larry have had a quiet word in HBA's ear about Newcastle.

can't see him staying at marseille but, as it stands, if we don't make a proper bid he won't be coming. if marseille know other sides are interested they can just wait until the end of the transfer window and tell HBA his choices are go to one of the german or russian clubs bidding or stay and play under deschamps.

Wouldn't surprise me if we now put in a derisory offer of £2 million just to wind them up :lol:

Guest BooBoo

So our bid is ridiculous. Only last January Forest labelled our bid for Perch as derisory.

We want players for fucking pennies, no wonder we get bombed out.

So our bid is ridiculous. Only last January Forest labelled our bid for Perch as derisory.

We want players for f***ing pennies, no wonder we get bombed out.

Aye, because successful negotiations are when club officials walk in the room, say "we'll pay whatever you want" and leave with a player contract and significantly emptier wallet.

His clause next season is what, 3 million?

Stick 4 million on the table, they'll take it and he'll come here.

See, negotiations are easy.

It's not a clause, it's more to do with the fact he'll have one year left on his contract and that'll be the going rate.

I'm pretty sure the media said it was a get-out clause in his contract meaning he could go for that aslong as somebody bidded it.

You might be right though.

tbf we're still a very attractive club. at the moment, i'd say only the top 8 have more pulling power than us.....might be level with west ham because they're london.

still a long long way to go on this saga. hope everybody is comfortable!