Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't see what NUFC have done wrong over this at all.

We haven't shot our mouths off, we haven't done anything except go after a player who would be good for us. If we can't afford him that's a bad outcome... but we all know our spending power is limited.

We haven't done anything wrong other than not be flush with cash, there's just a bit of an all or nothing attitude on here. We're either fantastic or s***.

"At least we tried" cuts it nowadays, does it..? How the mighty have fallen..

Congratulations, there is literally no response I can give you which wont involve me getting yet another banning for unnecessary abuse :lol:

:lol:

We haven't shot our mouths off, we haven't done anything except go after a player who would be good for us. If we can't afford him that's a bad outcome... but we all know our spending power is limited.

We haven't done anything wrong other than not be flush with cash, there's just a bit of an all or nothing attitude on here. We're either fantastic or s***.

Well yeh! If it's a genuine attempt. What else can you do other than try?

You think we will move onto another target now? Or just not bother which is the general theme regarding our transfer policy since Ashley took over.

I for one would never defend our pathetic transfer success over the past seasons and it's one of the many reasons I hate the current board. But a genuine attempt at buying someone can't be bettered. It's just not possible.

There's your problem right there. We are trying to "buy" someone by offering a 'ridiculous' loan deal.. Strange way to conduct your business..

Well yeh! If it's a genuine attempt. What else can you do other than try?

You think we will move onto another target now? Or just not bother which is the general theme regarding our transfer policy since Ashley took over.

I for one would never defend our pathetic transfer success over the past seasons and it's one of the many reasons I hate the current board. But a genuine attempt at buying someone can't be bettered. It's just not possible.

This tbh. I've spent the vast majority of my time on this board slagging off Ashley something rotten and getting stick for unknowingly holding up banners calling him a rapist but this deal is towards the back of The Big Book of Mike Ashley Fuck Ups. We negotiated a (very, very good) deal which was satisfactory to all parties until Dassier changed his mind and went mental. I'd love us to swoop in with a bid and rescue the situation but if the money isn't there then it isn't there.

Fair play to Marseille tbh. I wouldn't be complaining if we were in their shoes.

Ben Arfa's had plenty of offers, but has decided to try to hold his club to ransom to get a move to the Premier League.

Only the only Premier League club that want him aren't willing to buy him outright, probably due to the the fact that he is a moody and largely ineffective player who could be a complete flop in this division.

Congratulations, there is literally no response I can give you which wont involve me getting yet another banning for unnecessary abuse :lol:

Wahey! I win!!!!11111

It's all black and white on this forum isn't it. There's no middle ground.

Everyone who's slagging off our transfer policy right now... what would you have said if we pulled it off (or if we do pull if off still). Getting a Champions League quality player within our budget would be pretty impressive in my book.

Lol, there's another slight flaw in your argument... ;)

Fair play to Marseille tbh. I wouldn't be complaining if we were in their shoes.

Ben Arfa's had plenty of offers, but has decided to try to hold his club to ransom to get a move to the Premier League.

Only the only Premier League club that want him aren't willing to buy him outright, probably due to the the fact that he is a moody and largely ineffective player who could be a complete flop in this division.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70504.msg2451247.html#msg2451247

The only real and fair criticism I think you could direct towards the club on this is that we didn't get it sown up quickly, when Marseille seemed willing to play ball.

Then again there's no way of knowing if they deliberately delayed things, particularly after he was called up to the France squad.

Guest zinaldo1982

Just buying ashley i mean you are a billionaire and i think the club would be more valuable in the league than in the championship,with players of the quality of ben arfa we are more likely to stay up and even finish higher than we could right now.

Give them 4 or 5m pounds and let's see what they say then if still no,then increase the loan fee to 1.5m pounds and see what they say then.

Really disappointed if not at all surprised. I really feel this player could have made our season, sorting out the creativity problem would have gone some way to keeping us up.

The worst part about this is that we'll have no back up plan. You'll just know we'll not be monitoring anyone else, let alone made a few enquiries into players incase this fell through. But no doubt we'll make a low bid for Michael Johnson at 23:50 on the last day of the transfer window.

Forget who's fault this deal was for collapsing, the fucking amateurs that run this club wont have looked at a single other player.  It took us a fucking week to even arrange a fucking meeting. forget personal terms, medicals et al. What were we doing in those 6 fucking days in between the press getting wind of our bid and us arranging a meeting? You see teams complete deals within hours on deadline day yet it takes us a week so give them an offer and arrange a cunting meeting. one can only wonder weather we'd have got this done if we'd had even the slightest bit of urgency about us.

Really disappointed if not at all surprised. I really feel this player could have made our season, sorting out the creativity problem would have gone some way to keeping us up.

The worst part about this is that we'll have no back up plan. You'll just know we'll not be monitoring anyone else, let alone made a few enquiries into players incase this fell through. But no doubt we'll make a low bid for Michael Johnson at 23:50 on the last day of the transfer window.

Forget who's fault this deal was for collapsing, the fucking amateurs that run this club wont have looked at a single other player. It took us a fucking week to even arrange a fucking meeting. forget personal terms, medicals et al. What were we doing in those 6 fucking days in between the press getting wind of our bid and us arranging a meeting? You see teams complete deals within hours on deadline day yet it takes us a week so give them an offer and arrange a cunting meeting. one can only wonder weather we'd have got this done if we'd had even the slightest bit of urgency about us.

There was that document that we supposedly forgot at the beginning too. :angry: :laugh:

Just buying ashley i mean you are a billionaire and i think the club would be more valuable in the league than in the championship,with players of the quality of ben arfa we are more likely to stay up and even finish higher than we could right now.

Give them 4 or 5m pounds and let's see what they say then if still no,then increase the loan fee to 1.5m pounds and see what they say then.

:lol:

Basically he'll go to someone else who will be willing to stump up the money, Ashley, Hughton etc will say they tried but wasn't there fault etc and we'll get some useless fucker on loan instead who'll get injured after 4 games.

Guest neesy111

I said that ashley and his cronies couldn't do a transfer like this, and weren't willing to tbh.  This transfer shows all the ambition of the club, f*** all.

I thought you were leaving this thread?

I did, i haven't commented on the transfer until now.

How the f*** have we got to 117 pages though :lol:

Sorry but we have no money to spend, and it's pretty clear now we have nothing with this shambolic of an attempt to sign a player

fucking hell man :lol:

so i'm guess your fucking happy with how we are trying not to sign this player or any other players then?

All the evidence would point to us trying to sign the player really.

I would say we haven't, cos if we really wanted the player, we would try to get him ASAP for the man united game if we really wanted him

I think hughton isn't having any control on transfers as I believe he'll want a player like this in for the game, and this isn't good!

I'm literally baffled, so we are putting bids in for players allegedly because we don't want them. Maybe thats what we did with Best and Cov called our bluff.

We did this Michael Johnson at the end of the January 2009 Transfer Window, and probably with the bastian schweinsteiger bid as well.

if he had made a bid a few weeks ago when marseille were willing to sell they would accept, then we all would be welcoming the player now, instead he tried to penny pinch our way to getting the player on the cheap (and tbf marseille are right to know us back, because after 2 weeks of talks how they can take us seriously).

Guest neesy111

Forget who's fault this deal was for collapsing, the fucking amateurs that run this club wont have looked at a single other player.  It took us a fucking week to even arrange a fucking meeting. forget personal terms, medicals et al. What were we doing in those 6 fucking days in between the press getting wind of our bid and us arranging a meeting? You see teams complete deals within hours on deadline day yet it takes us a week so give them an offer and arrange a cunting meeting. one can only wonder weather we'd have got this done if we'd had even the slightest bit of urgency about us.

There was that document that we supposedly forgot at the beginning too. :angry: :laugh:

nice to see someone with my view point on this forum

Forget who's fault this deal was for collapsing, the fucking amateurs that run this club wont have looked at a single other player. It took us a fucking week to even arrange a fucking meeting. forget personal terms, medicals et al. What were we doing in those 6 fucking days in between the press getting wind of our bid and us arranging a meeting? You see teams complete deals within hours on deadline day yet it takes us a week so give them an offer and arrange a cunting meeting. one can only wonder weather we'd have got this done if we'd had even the slightest bit of urgency about us.

nice to see someone with my view point on this forum

Don't associate yourself with me. Thanks.