Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

What do you lot think he means by saying this.

I asked them to add an option in case of automatic continuation in the Premier League. " What the Magpies reject. A reaction that has a knack of annoying the president

As Dave said, they want us to commit to signing him and paying the fee next season if we stay up, whether he's played well or not.

Disagree, read it as Dassier trying to make the payment at the end of the season include extra if we stay up. Which is daft as he wont stay if we dont stay up.

"Du côté des Anglais, je leur ai demandé d'ajouter une option d'achat automatique en cas de maintien en Premier League"

I read that as "to add an automatic option to buy if they stay in the Premier League".

If these clauses were common then Wigan would have been stuck with Zaki, Birmingham would have been forced to pay the £7.5m for Christian Benitez, etc.

:lol: I should have read it again.

Can't be arsed reading if it's already been posted. Their president apparently said ' it's important the English know they are not stupid '. We'll still strike a deal IMO. Echo what willie says though, time is of the essence.

I'm not surprised they are trying to get more out of us at Ben Arfa will only have a year left on his contract in 12 months time and his value will drop because of that.

as it stands all they'll get is 800,000euro isn't it ?

That's what has been reported, we could pay that and then send him back next year.

cracking deal from our perspective......can see why they aren't too keen though can't you ?

cracking deal from our perspective......can see why they aren't too can though can't you ?

Didn't we get Vianna to sign an extension before loaning him out so that his value wouldn't be reduced by the length left on his contract?

That's what has been reported, we could pay that and then send him back next year.

cracking deal from our perspective......can see why they aren't too keen though can't you ?

Can also see why we're not keen to commit to signing him based on survival alone regardless of how he does. Hopefully it'll settle down soon and they'll meet half way.

cracking deal from our perspective......can see why they aren't too can though can't you ?

Didn't we get Vianna to sign an extension before loaning him out so that his value wouldn't be reduced by the length left on his contract?

and what did we end up getting for him....they want a decent price while he still has some stock in the game.

Guest neesy111

quite a few teams do it, spurs did it with jamie o'hara last season

Can also see why we're not keen to commit to signing him based on survival alone regardless of how he does. Hopefully it'll settle down soon and they'll meet half way.

Heh..? In an ideal world you are right of course, but that's not the way transfers normally work, is it? There is always risk involved for the buying party... I appreciate Mike is trying to be a little creative when it comes to making the best use of whatever little means we've got, but I don't think many selling clubs will want to co-operate with our "try before you buy" policy... ;)

It's a pity we hadn't done the same when we signed some of the shite we've got now. 

Like it has been said, hopefully we will be able to meet somewhere in the middle within the 2 weeks of the window left. In an ideal world we would have it all wrapped up by the time we play Villa, but it's not going to happen, a lot of clubs will be in the same position as us and may have to wait untill the final day of the window. How long has the Milner situation gone on for now?, and he has only signed today. Sometimes transfers can happen within a few hours, however it's apparent that both us and OM don't agree with his value or one or both of us are trying to get a better deal for each club. You can see OM's position in playing the waiting game, and you can see our position in trying to get him cheaper regardless of whether or not it is already a good deal or not.

Finger crossed we pull it off, if not then lets hope we get someelse who can do the job in instead.

It's a pity we hadn't done the same when we signed some of the s**** we've got now. 

dozen times bitten,thirteenth time shy.

and what did we end up getting for him....they want a decent price while he still has some stock in the game.

We got less than £2 million for Vianna, I don't know if we got a loan fee on top of that.

We got less than £2 million for Vianna, I don't know if we got a loan fee on top of that.

What pissed me off about that loan deal was the fact that we allowed him to play against us in the Uefa Cup.

so its quite possible we'd have got more if we'd pushed for a sale instead of an initial loan when he still had some standing in the game.

i see your point and it may come to that, but i can understand OM's position aswell.