Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

IF this is going to happen, we've taken the absolute piss getting it sorted. Any other club would have just upped their offer straight away and got a simple yes or no. We f*** about for ages, denying everything, be stubborn c***s and end up with nothing. The annoying thing for me is that we havent even been linked with anyone else, so it looks like we've either put all our eggs in one basket with Ben Arfa, or were just inept as f***.

I think both

Why are the Journal saying wage demands have stoped this move? I thought everything with the player was sorted and it was just down to the clubs to sort out their side of the agreement.

Quite strage, it being a loan deal surely we just pay his wages he was on at Marseille.

Why are the Journal saying wage demands have stoped this move? I thought everything with the player was sorted and it was just down to the clubs to sort out their side of the agreement.

Quite strage, it being a loan deal surely we just pay his wages he was on at Marseille.

Which probably aren't very high anyway.

Unless the article means we want to share the wage bill with OM, but they want him off the books.

Time to knock this on the head or I can see a "Last transfer day" scenario of signing utter, utter gash and CH passing them off as "Good, solid, reliable players we've been looking at for a while", whilst they wheel out some complete and utter shite from other clubs' subs bench. And not CFC, Man U's or Arsenal's subs bench, neither.

Is the correct answer.

:lol:

It's not my fault I wouldn't even let my dog wear that strip. I'm quite with my 1984 strip, at least it doesn't look cheap as f***.

Whatever a toon top is a toon top but u r one moron who divide this club

fuck off :lol:

:spit:

That just made my morning, brilliant stuff. Back in your corner, Jonny. :pow:

Guest neesy111

I'm sick of hughton saying I expect that I will be able to sign a couple of players, then where are they then?  too many people not seeing past hughton's clean image on here me thinks!

I'm sick of hughton saying I expect that I will be able to sign a couple of players, then where are they then?  too many people not seeing past hughton's clean image on here me thinks!

he can only work with what he is given, he says he is hopeful. You are blaming the wrong man

People are happy when a signing comes in under the radar, and say it's good policy, but whinge when we don't get any information.

Can't have it both ways.

Guest neesy111

People are happy when a signing comes in under the radar, and say it's good policy, but whinge when we don't get any information.

Can't have it both ways.

he shouldn't be saying he expects signings, week on week though

Guest antz1uk

if we go back to the Beye transfer, we were linked with him for a couple of weeks and that didnt go through until midnight on deadline day, also that was a transfer under the fat one, maybe ourselves and marseille don't have the best of relationships and its all just brinkmanship, i expect him to sign pretty much under the same circumstances, announced on the website at 18:15 31st Aug, .... well if carlsberg did football transfers anyway...

So long as he hasn't joined another club/ or we haven't signed an alternative, presumably our offer is still on the table. It would make no sense for us to withdraw our transfer offer and move on to other targets if their was still a chance of us getting him.

I'm also pretty sure that Hughton and co will be negotiating with other targets anyway, whether we get them or not is a different matter.

It might sound a rather positive view on the subject but i'd still suggest we are the most likely club to sign him. In fact the silence of the last couple of days could mean that we are back in discussions with them.

So long as he hasn't joined another club/ or we haven't signed an alternative, presumably our offer is still on the table. It would make no sense for us to withdraw our transfer offer and move on to other targets if their was still a chance of us getting him.

I'm also pretty sure that Hughton and co will be negotiating with other targets anyway, whether we get them or not is a different matter.

It might sound a rather positive view on the subject but i'd still suggest we are the most likely to sign him. In fact the silence of the last couple of days could mean that we are back in discussions with them.

Guess it depends who else has been offered to us on loan for a season. There's no way our club have actively gone out looking for players; that would be a complete waste of money.

It might sound a rather positive view on the subject but i'd still suggest we are the most likely to sign him. In fact the silence of the last couple of days could mean that we are back in discussions with them.

Guess it depends who else has been offered to us on loan for a season. There's no way our club have actively gone out looking for players; that would be a complete waste of money.

;D

Can't have it both ways.

he shouldn't be saying he expects signings, week on week though

Little bit of thinking outside the box here but bear with me.

Maybe, just maybe, he is saying that he expects signings because he does expect signings.

Just because they haven't happened to our preferred timescales doesn't mean that they won't be happening at all

As the Guiness adverts say 'All things come to those who wait'