Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

From the Sun's website. From the press conference:

He said: "What I can tell you is there have been some discussions with Ben Arfa which are very much ongoing.

"Hopefully that's something that can be done."

You can tell those are Hughton quotes, as they have the words "very much" in them. He says that an awful lot.

To be fair, if even some of the quotes and reports have been true, it seems like we've behaved pretty well during this saga and stood strong for the deal we wanted.

A little bit of credit must go to the club for that.

Yup if it was up to some of us, we would have bought him for the amount Marseille wanted eventhough we didn't have the money coz apparently Ashley was lying (and somehow misled the accountants) when he said we were making a loss.

Don't agree with many things that he does, but if this pulls through then he (or whoever has been working on the deal) deserves some credit.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It sounds like he has hen pecked our club tbh, to establish himself as a regular on the big stage with a huge footballing city and loads of regular games. Who ever his advisors are I'm very thankful

If todays reports are correct, imagine, just imagine...

In: HBA, Tiote, Keane, Gosling, Perch, Campbell

Out: Geremi, Pancrate, Taylor, Shola.

Magic... although i'd be sad to see Shola go, I'm kind of hoping he was going to stroll to 208 Toon goals.

Pancrate?

Robbie Keane? :dowie:

Anyone care enough to sum up the last 15 or so pages.

Dassier and french press confirm Ben Arfa is flying into England today to finalise deal with us.

Hughton finally admits that he's hopeful of signing him.

Oh, and it may have been missed, but Werder Bremen have, yet again, denied any interest.

Cheers.

To be fair, if even some of the quotes and reports have been true, it seems like we've behaved pretty well during this saga and stood strong for the deal we wanted.

:thup:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Well in a nut shell we are waiting for confirmation that some kid from Tunisia fancies a kick about on a satdu like, they reckon he's a canny player and was bought by marseille to replace zidane, he's also knocked back real Madrid to come here as the bigg markets banging.

Guest Heneage

We played tough and won, that may not always be the case, but I'm delighted with this and think the club deserve a big pat on the back.

Well done Mike :clap:

I think the biggest reason we have got Ben Arfa here is because for some insane reason he had his heart set on coming here. For our part we put in an offer and kept our fingers crossed he wouldn't go anywhere else.