Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I know that every leg break is different but, it really annoys me when I see the likes of Ramsey back and playing at Arsenal and Valencia playing at Man Utd while Ben Arfa is still recovering from his injury.

Their breaks, Ramsey's in particular, seemed to be far more serious yet they are back and good as new.

It makes me question what our medical team do.  It seems to me that we take far longer to get our players back to fitness following any sort of injury than other clubs.

Anyone else see that or is it just me being cynical?

To be fair though Ben Arfa broke his leg this season,  ramsey broke his last season!!

I know that every leg break is different but, it really annoys me when I see the likes of Ramsey back and playing at Arsenal and Valencia playing at Man Utd while Ben Arfa is still recovering from his injury.

Their breaks, Ramsey's in particular, seemed to be far more serious yet they are back and good as new.

It makes me question what our medical team do.  It seems to me that we take far longer to get our players back to fitness following any sort of injury than other clubs.

Our medical team is clearly one of the worst in the league.

Always harping on about it, but the sooner we clear out the lot of them, the better.

The French are dealing with HBA not us.

Always harping on about it, but the sooner we clear out the lot of them, the better.

Despite knowing fuck all about them and without any evidence to back up your claim that the set up is one of the worst in the league.

The French are dealing with HBA not us.

Ok, I take that point.

Still frustrating when we could really do with him playing.  The other one os obviously Gosling, who has his own thread, and he seems no nearer playing again than he was when we tried him out in Jan (?).

Guest Stephen927

I'd imagine the leg breaks were different, which impacts on how long the recovery time is.

Saying our physios are one of the worst in the league is a bit ignorant. I assume this guy has spent time going round all the Prem clubs, comparing physios.

My experience of breaking a toe is whatever you do, do not kick a ball again after about 4-5 weeks :lol:

Feels fine but the bone will still be weak and you can end up f***ing it for a lot longer

Thanks for that, I was joking really.  My toe is still an odd shade of purple and fuckin' kills, especially when I put on any sort of shoe.

I'd imagine the leg breaks were different, which impacts on how long the recovery time is.

Saying our physios are one of the worst in the league is a bit ignorant. I assume this guy has spent time going round all the Prem clubs, comparing physios.

What he said was that our medical team are clearly one of the worst in the league.  I find it quite hard to argue against that.  I obviously have nothing to back that up but, we do seem, as a club, to have a poor record of bringing players back to fitness in any sort of timely manner.  When we do get them back there generally seems to be some sort of immediate set back.

If they are not ready the medical team should say they aren't instead of letting them play.  Jose Enrique at the weekend being a prime example!

To clarify, I am sure they are all fully competent and trained individuals. 

Collectively I don't think they do a great job.

It is likely that we also don't have the same facilities that other clubs have at their disposal either.

No need to lambast the lad for making his comment!

Come on man, look at the injury problems we've had over the years. Must be a problem inherent within the club.

Come on man, look at the injury problems we've had over the years. Must be a problem inherent within the club.

We also signed a lot of old players and crocks.

True.

True.

We've also changed our physios more times than Colocho's been to home games this season (:pow:) over the past few seasons (more times than the manager IIRC). I think labelling our physio team as 'incompetent' is misleading as it implies the same people have been responsible all this time and have failed to improve things.

Which actually leads me to suspect that the lack of continuity is the underlying cause.

My experience of breaking a toe is whatever you do, do not kick a ball again after about 4-5 weeks :lol:

Feels fine but the bone will still be weak and you can end up f***ing it for a lot longer

I dislocated mine a few years ago. I didn't even want to get up and walk for a few weeks.

Relevant.

I dislocated mine a few years ago. I didn't even want to get up and walk for a few weeks.

Relevant.

I broke my fifth metatarsal and fractured my fourth in December, was off crutches and out of my cast four weeks later.

Lots of milk, cheese and green vegetables.

My brother in law broke his 3rd and 4th a year ago and still has pain from it, they pinned the bones then had to rebreak as they didn't heal properly first time.

He is playing football but, you can see he is not right!

Ramsey's break was last season, and Valencia never actually broke his leg, it was his ankle.

My brother in law broke his 3rd and 4th a year ago and still has pain from it, they pinned the bones then had to rebreak as they didn't heal properly first time.

He is playing football but, you can see he is not right!

NHS compared to the treatment and care HBA will have recieved,

Totallyn agree - I am with Bupa and everything I have had medically has been dealt with in a substantially better way than it would by the NHS, even if you just consider the waiting time alone BUPA is better!