Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Danny Simpson one of our biggest players?  :doh: shame its not far wrong in terms of his role

It's good man management.  Also it's a subtle message to Mike Ashley, without being a total prick about it.

yeah i know. just is a depressing thought at face value and makes me worry about our alternatives

Lets be honest here jonas may have workrate but his passing,crossing and shooting ability is absolute zero he looked good in the championship but his ability in the premier league is very limited if someone offered 4-6m for him id snap their hands off

And replace him with who?

Lets be honest here jonas may have workrate but his passing,crossing and shooting ability is absolute zero he looked good in the championship but his ability in the premier league is very limited if someone offered 4-6m for him id snap their hands off

thought he started well in the PL and got dragged down into the shit when the wheels came off like others

his ability to run with the ball and take on a man should not be underestimated, if he remains able to do that (as he was before relegation) then it's a massive asset...just imagine an away game without his ability to carry the ball in the forthcoming season :no:

The thing is, for all of Jonas's flaws, people don't realise how much pressure he absorbs by fannying around with it on the wing.  He gives welcome restbite for our defence and provides an outlet when we don't have one due to him being able to keep hold of the ball.

With Routledge, Jonas and hopefully Ben Arfa playing behind Carroll, we'll be a decent attacking force from midfield. 

The thing is, for all of Jonas's flaws, people don't realise how much pressure he absorbs by fannying around with it on the wing.  He gives welcome restbite for our defence and provides an outlet when we don't have one due to him being able to keep hold of the ball.

With Routledge, Jonas and hopefully Ben Arfa playing behind Carroll, we'll be a decent attacking force from midfield. 

i agree with all of this. also, couple of away trips this season mate?

Totally, he changes the whole feel of a game, teams have to dedicate a load of thought and manpower to stopping him. If he was a better crosser he'd be amazing, as he is he's very useful.

i agree with all of this. also, couple of away trips this season mate?

Hell aye mate.

Don't worry, I'll fill you in on the ones the lads fancy.

Totally, he changes the whole feel of a game, teams have to dedicate a load of thought and manpower to stopping him. If he was a better crosser he'd be amazing, as he is he's very useful.

For me the crossing thing isn't the issue, he's not that type of winger.  If he has someone who is quick/mobile and making runs off him I see him playing little slide rule balls into space when attacking the other team - the opposition need 2 players on Jonas or he's gone so that should open space for anyone mobile (HBA presumably being the idea) to exploit.

Routledge is more the stereotypical winger putting in the crosses for Carroll when he gets a yard.

Could end up being a nice mix tbh, as was Ginola/Gillespie...last thing you want is identical wingers.

For me the crossing thing isn't the issue, he's not that type of winger.  If he has someone who is quick/mobile and making runs off him I see him playing little slide rule balls into space when attacking the other team - the opposition need 2 players on Jonas or he's gone so that should open space for anyone mobile (HBA presumably being the idea) to exploit.

Routledge is more the stereotypical winger putting in the crosses for Carroll when he gets a yard.

Could end up being a nice mix tbh, as was Ginola/Gillespie...last thing you want is identical wingers.

Aye, i'd hate two Laurent Roberts. We'd get nowhere.

Is that the Laurent Robert who played with the identical-in-style Solano is it?  :no:

Imagine if we had eleven.. would've won the Champions League.. with ease

Guest neesy111

Don't see how. Robert was better, way better. Bobby certainly knew it.

he also knew the importance of balance in a team, you clearly don't

is that why bobby sold solano then