Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest hatem garrincha

<< if there's any truth of that statement, he should've joined Barcelona rather than free signing for us>>

Pfff...

Before his injury last year, Lyon and PSG in France, ManU and Chelsea in England, Fiorentina in Italy, were on him.

And don't think that all the players who have joined Barcelona in history are the like of Messi (even Dugarry played for Barca  :lol:)

There's always a little bit of fear in PL managers of playing 'too many' luxury/gifted players in the PL.

For now because Marv and Bafra aren't fully fit there is a kind of excuse (but they need games soon), but later there will still be the tendency of hardworking players getting preferance over purer footballers. In other words it will be hard for Marveux to shift Guti in the short term and

Pardoo will be reticent about dropping one of the 'big men' strikers for Bafra (till we lose a few games/injuries anyway).

The good thing about the current situation is that in certain postions really good players are waiting in the wings.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't understand your point : if he's a number 10, then you could play him behind your 2 forwards (so you don't have to drop one of them).

But then, if you want to play him off the striker, you should maybe later drop one of the striker and it'll be likely Leon Best.

And Ben arfa could also play on the wing... but Gutierrez is there.

We don't have the team to be playing a diamond, plus as Chelsea discovered it's a formation that isn't suited to Premier League football. It would be very harsh to drop Best at the moment, so the only option would be to stick Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa on the left. Where does that leave Marveaux though?Nice problem to have mind.

On the bench, with Obertan...

Marveaux on the bench ?! What a waste of talent !

I heard Pardew talking about a new style of football at Newcastle, different from the kick and rush of last season. A football on the ground, sequences of passes, one-two, one-two-three  :lol: and you want Marveaux on the bench ?!  :lol:

I repeat what I have already said : In long term - very shortly in fact  :lol: -  and in a natural way, the talent will speak  :)

Of course i agree with you, Marveaux on the bench would  be a waste of talent ! But here in NO they don't want to put Gutierrez on the bench... So you have to make choices.

I absolutely think that if Ben arfa and Marveaux are introduced in the team and then you let them settle in a few matches, they'll never return on the bench. In term of natural talent they are above  :snod:

And last thing, Ben arfa is much more better than Marveaux : better dribbler, has an amazing acceleration in a little space and also his excellent vision of the game...

Marveaux is good but not THAT good. We have differents points of view  but that is what makes the debates better  ;)

Tiote    Cabaye

Jonas    Ben Arfa  Marveaux

They can all play. :)

There's always a little bit of fear in PL managers of playing 'too many' luxury/gifted players in the PL.

For now because Marv and Bafra aren't fully fit there is a kind of excuse (but they need games soon), but later there will still be the tendency of hardworking players getting preferance over purer footballers. In other words it will be hard for Marveux to shift Guti in the short term and

Pardoo will be reticent about dropping one of the 'big men' strikers for Bafra (till we lose a few games/injuries anyway).

The good thing about the current situation is that in certain postions really good players are waiting in the wings.

I agree changes to this team will probably only happen when we lose, it would take a brave manager to change a winning team. I think Spurs will be a step too far for one or two players who are currently holding down a first team place so Ben Arfa/Marveaux and Santon will be knocking on the door soon in any case.

Guest mimifrench

@Michael : ok, i love your team but if you play like that, you have to drop one of the strikers and some people here don't want to drop Best because he's performing well  :undecided:

I agree changes to this team will probably only happen when we lose, it would take a brave manager to change a winning team. I think Spurs will be a step too far for one or two players who are currently holding down a first team place so Ben Arfa/Marveaux and Santon will be knocking on the door soon in any case.

I'd start Santon against Spurs anyway, but you're right Pardoo will be conservative about changing a 'winning team'.

Guest mimifrench

I'd start Santon against Spurs anyway, but you're right Pardoo will be conservative about changing a 'winning team'.

If he doesn't change the team to introduce HBA there, i will by myself knock at his door  :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

There's always a little bit of fear in PL managers of playing 'too many' luxury/gifted players in the PL. For now because Marv and Bafra aren't fully fit there is a kind of excuse (but they need games soon), but later there will still be the tendency of hardworking players getting preferance over purer footballers. In other words it will be hard for Marveux to shift Guti in the short term and Pardoo will be reticent about dropping one of the 'big men' strikers for Bafra (till we lose a few games/injuries anyway).

I understand what you mean but it depend what kind of football you want. When you speak about PL managers fearings, sorry but we can take Redknapp for example - I'm not even  talking about Sir Alex - I don't think he would hesitate between Marveaux and Jonas, or HBA and Best - with all my respects to Jonas and Best

Newcastle this season has all the ability to play beautiful football and everybody know that you have more chances to win if you play well, in the opponent's camp.

If he doesn't change the team to introduce HBA there, i will by myself knock at his door  :lol:

http://www.freebetting.co.uk/images/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-manager.jpg

Guest mimifrench

Well, he looks quite elegant compared to some others Premier league coaches...   

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01518/Steve_Bruce_1518861c.jpg

What's with the Panda bear hiding in his tracksuit top?

Guest mimifrench

Steve Bruce is as ugly as his team is on the pitch...

You should be happy to not have such a manager.

By the way, i remember before i sign in your forum, i used to read you and when Pardew was appointed to be your coach, you all said that he'll never sign Ben arfa (who was injured) and that he didn't like this type of player...

He seems to demonstrate the contrary.

Guest mimifrench

Ahhhhhhhhhh Ben arfa is right now in the stands of the Parc des Princes, watching PSG vs Lyon (big game in the Ligue 1).

I knew i should have been to the match... :(

Ah and Cabaye is here too ! (surely because hell be with the French squad tomorrow in Clairefontaine).

Wow. That's beyond ugly. Pardew is miss Universe in comparison.