Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Haris Vuckic

My friend who also loved Robert is a big Ben Arfa fan too & when he was home from the Army the numbers hadn't come out yet so he bought the home shirt with Ben Arfa 32 on the back I kept telling him Ben Arfa would be 10 as that's his preferred number (his initial number was 37 but he'd asked for 55!)

He isn't bothered like he's in Afghan/Germany and he reckons nobody will even know! :lol:

There's always a little bit of fear in PL managers of playing 'too many' luxury/gifted players in the PL. For now because Marv and Bafra aren't fully fit there is a kind of excuse (but they need games soon), but later there will still be the tendency of hardworking players getting preferance over purer footballers. In other words it will be hard for Marveux to shift Guti in the short term and Pardoo will be reticent about dropping one of the 'big men' strikers for Bafra (till we lose a few games/injuries anyway).

The good thing about the current situation is that in certain postions really good players are waiting in the wings.

I understand what you mean but it depend what kind of football you want. When you speak about PL managers fearings, sorry but we can take Redknapp for example - I'm not even  talking about Sir Alex - I don't think he would hesitate between Marveaux and Jonas, or HBA and Best - with all my respects to Jonas and Best

Newcastle this season has all the ability to play beautiful football and everybody know that you have more chances to win if you play well, in the opponent's camp.

With all due respect hatem garrincha, I don't think you've seen much of our games to truly see what Gutierrez offers us when he's in the side. Yes, his end product is a little lacking but his defensive work, his dribbling and his ability to retain possession are indispensable at the moment.

From what I've seen of Marveaux, he looks like a fantastic player and I would like to see him in the side sooner rather than later. But personally Jonas is a definite starter.

Guest hatem garrincha

There's always a little bit of fear in PL managers of playing 'too many' luxury/gifted players in the PL. For now because Marv and Bafra aren't fully fit there is a kind of excuse (but they need games soon), but later there will still be the tendency of hardworking players getting preferance over purer footballers. In other words it will be hard for Marveux to shift Guti in the short term and Pardoo will be reticent about dropping one of the 'big men' strikers for Bafra (till we lose a few games/injuries anyway).

The good thing about the current situation is that in certain postions really good players are waiting in the wings.

I understand what you mean but it depend what kind of football you want. When you speak about PL managers fearings, sorry but we can take Redknapp for example - I'm not even  talking about Sir Alex - I don't think he would hesitate between Marveaux and Jonas, or HBA and Best - with all my respects to Jonas and Best

Newcastle this season has all the ability to play beautiful football and everybody know that you have more chances to win if you play well, in the opponent's camp.

With all due respect hatem garrincha, I don't think you've seen much of our games to truly see what Gutierrez offers us when he's in the side. Yes, his end product is a little lacking but his defensive work, his dribbling and his ability to retain possession are indispensable at the moment.

From what I've seen of Marveaux, he looks like a fantastic player and I would like to see him in the side sooner rather than later. But personally Jonas is a definite starter.

I saw a lot of your games last season and all the games since the start of season. But you all give me same arguments concerning Jonas. My answer will not change : in terms of dribbling and retaining possession, Marveaux is largely superior...

Defensive Work ? A winger should play his defensive role of course but it's definitively not another left back in my (very little) opinion.

Maybe Pardew has your.

Guest mimifrench

And Jonas just signed a new contract...

You should definitely sell Ben arfa and Marveaux to another premier league team !

(Bolton is in need, QPR too or maybe Liverpool : they could join Enrique and Carroll !)

I agree we have already seen the glimpses when Bafra and Marv were on the pitch together.

Think the first thing you have to understand is that the PL is the most crucially 'results based' league in the world, there is week in week out pressure and a bad run of 3/4 games and managers jobs come under scrutiny, it is a mad league in many ways like this. It is also a fast and more aggressive league in which for 80% of the teams pretty football comes a far second to winning the next match (because in recent years any one of the bottom 10 sides can get drawn into relegation battles).

Secondly this Newcastle side we see unfolding is still in development and naturally over time I believe the more gifted players will find a way into the side (Bafra for one is one of the most gifted players in the world and was considered on the same level as Nasri and Benzema only a few years ago).

Where we are right now is 'winning games' and consolidating and also finding out a few things about players like Best and Cabaye (postive things).

It will come down to what is truly in Pardoo's heart ultimately (and he knows good football is possible for this side, we've already seen spells of it). There will be a time when this side is cogent as a PL outfit and IMO that will be the start of the new phase if we can keep the team together. I think we will see some of that this year (as confidence grows) but I have a feeling as you do that there is another 'better way' within this squad and at some pont we'll have to give it a try.

But for now (the next few months) Pardoo will be more results focused and rightly so.

That's not to say a more fluid passing side with Marv and Bafra starting won't end up being the ultimate goal.

Guest mimifrench

Mimi has been in a right strop since rich had a go at her like :lol:

What is a strop ? Answer please and explain me your sentence.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Like a ''mood swing''

I saw a lot of your games last season and all the games since the start of season. But you all give me same arguments concerning Jonas. My answer will not change : in terms of dribbling and retaining possession, Marveaux is largely superior...

Defensive Work ? A winger should play his defensive role of course but it's definitively not another left back in my (very little) opinion.

Maybe Pardew has your.

I feel that you're a lot biased towards Marveaux and you're entitled to be because you've seen a lot of him. Though I think you are really undervaluing Jonas' abilities/importance to the team at the moment.

Guest mimifrench

Like a ''mood swing''

Thanks Haris Vuckic.

I'm not in a "right strop", i'm only being ironic, totally different though.

I just understood why Rich blamed me and some others posters explain it to me so that's fine. And honestly, i must admit that i came back because i missed some lovely posters  here(who'll reckon themselves).

I agree we have already seen the glimpses when Bafra and Marv were on the pitch together.

Think the first thing you have to understand is that the PL is the most crucially 'results based' league in the world, there is week in week out pressure and a bad run of 3/4 games and managers jobs come under scrutiny, it is a mad league in many ways like this. It is also a fast and more aggressive league in which for 80% of the teams pretty football comes a far second to winning the next match (because in recent years any one of the bottom 10 sides can get drawn into relegation battles).

Secondly this Newcastle side we see unfolding is still in development and naturally over time I believe the more gifted players will find a way into the side (Bafra for one is one of the most gifted players in the world and was considered on the same level as Nasri and Benzema only a few years ago).

Where we are right now is 'winning games' and consolidating and also finding out a few things about players like Best and Cabaye (postive things).

It will come down to what is truly in Pardoo's heart ultimately (and he knows good football is possible for this side, we've already seen spells of it). There will be a time when this side is cogent as a PL outfit and IMO that will be the start of the new phase if we can keep the team together. I think we will see some of that this year (as confidence grows) but I have a feeling as you do that there is another 'better way' within this squad and at some pont we'll have to give it a try.

But for now (the next few months) Pardoo will be more results focused and rightly so.

That's not to say a more fluid passing side with Marv and Bafra starting won't end up being the ultimate goal.

Spot on.

:thup:

Maybe Pardew has your.

I feel that you're a lot biased towards Marveaux and you're entitled to because you've seen a lot of him. Though I think you are really undervaluing Jonas' abilities.

Aye Jonas has won the corner we scored from & then individually ended up winning the game with his 2nd this week. In the game Ben Arfa played in, it was also he who put him through on goal. He'll benefit further from playing with these kind of players.

Guest hatem garrincha

<<I feel that you're a lot biased towards Marveaux>>

Ah ok  :lol: :lol: :lol:  (Of course, I imagine that in your case, you're not a lot biaised towards Jonas, even if you don't really know Marveaux)

Ah ok  :lol: :lol: :lol:  (Of course, I imagine than in your case, you're not a lot biaised towards Jonas, even if you don't really know Marveaux)

There is bias on my part too but that's because I know what to expect from Jonas when he's in the team. With Marveaux, I have an idea on what to expect but dropping Jonas just like that is ill-advised.

Think that Michael (?) had it right a few pages back.

All talk of sitting Jonas seems a bit silly so long as Obertan is starting. Would much rather have Jonas playing out of position on the right than Overtan--if Marveaux is really that impressive.  I'd certainly rather see Ben Arfa playing off Ba.

Guest hatem garrincha

Ah ok  :lol: :lol: :lol:  (Of course, I imagine than in your case, you're not a lot biaised towards Jonas, even if you don't really know Marveaux)

There is bias on my part too but that's because I know what to expect from Jonas when he's in the team. With Marveaux, I have an idea on what to expect but dropping Jonas just like that is ill-advised.

I never said to drop Jonas "like that". I said the moment will come naturally for Marveaux and the left side will be for him and I said why. After all, it's only my feeling based on what I saw from two players. There's no bias on my part.

I never said to drop Jonas "like that". I said the moment will come naturally for Marveaux and the left side will be for him and I said why. After all, it's only my feeling based on what I saw from two players. There's no bias on my part.

I'm sure Marveaux will be starting on the left wing at some point but I don't think Jonas can be dropped in the long term, let alone the short term. A simple solution would be to start Jonas on the right.

Still think you underrate Jonas though.