Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest hatem garrincha

Fortunately, there are many mature and open minded posters on here, not guided by a dubious and intolerant clan spirit

Your opinions are based on a lot of conjecture about Ben Arfa's character and his behavior.

It's funny that you talk about the forum being open to people who watches the game as well as the internet soopafan. Well, from where I'm sitting, it seems that you've made up your mind about Ben Arfa without actually having seen him play. That's why people jump on your opinions. If you were, say, someone who has watched him before this, then maybe your opinion on him, his style of play and his character would be more valid and the reasonable people on here would respond to you more favorably.

People who have made their minds up about Ben Arfa being shit (I'm paraphrasing) have clearly a) ignored his entire career, and b) have decided that 300 minutes of football after returning from a year-long injury is enough to form a reliable opinion on his footballing ability and traits.

If you think that he hasn't looked good so far, then look at his career. That should be enough to convince you that he merits a real chance and a real run in the team, preferably many matches in a row over a period of many months. I've commented on Ramsey's improvement over the past 6 months, whose recovery timeframe is one that I would expect Ben Arfa's to parallel.

I would hazard a guess you dont even know my opinion on Ben Arfa. What you and others like you do is react ridiculously to any comment in the sacred Ben Arfa thread that isnt full on praise and ignore the actual opinion.

My opinion is fairly simple. I have heard lots about him and he scored a cracker against Everton but has yet to "do it" as a Newcastle player. I hope it eventually all goes well for him here but until it does I think its fairly sensible to be a bit more objective about where he is at on his recovery and how / if / when the TEAM can accommodate him.

This of course is at odds with those in this thread who openly worship the player and think it is only a matter of time before Pardew builds an entire team around him and he becomes the greatest player to grace a Newcastle shirt. I've been watching football long enough to know it doesnt always pan out like that.

Am I unreasonable to want to continue with a forward pairing that has got us so high in the league. I think not.

The conjecture I guess you refer to is things like the Chronicle and Sunday Sun stories on him possibly refusing to play in the reserves and Pardews comments that "He has no relish" to play on the wing. As far as I am concerned if they are good enough discussions for the manager and local press to have they are equally good enough for an internet football thread.

As for the comments about posters responding better if Id watched him before he came to Newcastle......what can I say? Im a Newcastle fan and have virtually no other football interest outside of watching Newcastle. Did many people watch Tiote before we got him? Does that mean we cant have an opinion on him?

As usual you trot out the dramatic line about people who think Ben Arfa is shit (paraphrasing you say). I cant recall anyone saying he was anything like shit at all. Ive heard people say they prefer Best or prefer Ba AT THE MINUTE, or that he should be out wide etc.....But nothing I could recognise as calling him shit.

The fact that I as a Newcastle fan am quite happy at the the moment with a line up that has got us to third and unbeaten (prior to city) should not really draw the bile it does or be transformed into "Ben Arfa Hater" crap.

I hope he eventually recovers fully, gets into the team when it suits the team and goes on to have a great career here, however when he next starts, has a cracker and scores a few goals, I will bet a great deal of money this last paragraph will be conveniently forgotten.  :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Absolutely no way Best should come in for Ben Arfa now, as much as I appreciate the effort and work Best has done this year. Ben Arfa is without a doubt the most gifted attacker in our side and has to be playing.

hey

hi everyone, i m from paris and sorry, but i'm a ben arfa fan boy too :)

why so many people love ( or hate, it's the same thing) him?

coz he's magic man, how many players in this world can make you dream on a football ground? less than 5 i would say

football now is so formated, maradonna would have been on the bench at marseille coz not enough "work rate"

even ronaldinho, before he went to barça, was on the bench in paris ....

boring football with boring players

like most of you, i think best is an honest player but i'm not agree when people say that ben arfa gives the ball away more than the others

he gives the ball away coz he tries to go forward

last matches i vseen, best have lost the ball many times too..

i just hope ben arfa won't get injury again, and howay the lads..

Christmas Tree's display pic is making me hate Shane Ferguson.  I keep assuming CT looks like a 13 year old with special needs (posting history would confirm he most probably does) and I now don't like little Fergie. 

You bastad, what have you done  :tickedoff:

Careful what you wish for  ;)

hey

hi everyone, i m from paris and sorry, but i'm a ben arfa fan boy too :)

why so many people love ( or hate, it's the same thing) him?

coz he's magic man, how many players in this world can make you dream on a football ground? less than 5 i would say

football now is so formated, maradonna would have been on the bench at marseille coz not enough "work rate"

even ronaldinho, before he went to barça, was on the bench in paris ....

boring football with boring players

like most of you, i think best is an honest player but i'm not agree when people say that ben arfa gives the ball away more than the others

he gives the ball away coz he tries to go forward

last matches i vseen, best have lost the ball many times too..

i just hope ben arfa won't get injury again, and howay the lads..

You seem sweet and polite, but Best doesn't actually lose the ball that much. It's one of the best things about his game imo.

it's true that he's impressive with some of his controls , he's physical and good in the air but between the fouls he make, the offsides and the control he misses, i msure he gives the ball away as often as ben arfa...could be interested to see the stats of the games

and best is not really the kind of player who goes forward with the ball, so less risk to lose it...

i mean it's easy to make simple pass backward, you don't lose it, but does it mean that you vmade a worst choice if you tries a risky pass and it doesnt' work..?

chrismas tree has big ballz but the star above his head will always be the only one ben arfa... :lol:

it's true that he's impressive with some of his controls , he's physical and good in the air but between the fouls he make, the offsides and the control he misses, i msure he gives the ball away as often as ben arfa...could be interested to see the stats of the games

and best is not really the kind of player who goes forward with the ball, so less risk to lose it...

i mean it's easy to make simple pass backward, you don't lose it, but does it mean that you vmade a worst choice if you tries a risky pass and it doesnt' work..?

chrismas tree has big ballz but the star above his head will always be the only one ben arfa... :lol:

Stunning.

Guest Benarfanufc10

I wonder how many Sessegnon fans joined up to RTG? :lol:

Nothing sessegnon isn't genius  :rolleyes:

I like nufc since ginola and asprilla :love:

Guest Wearside

Shall we compare Sessegnon v Ben Arfa stats in English football?

We can start by comparing goals and assists from last season.

Or we can start by comparing goal and assists this season.

Or we can start by combining last season's and this season's goals and assists.

I'm ready when you are bonny lad.

Guest Benarfanufc10

Sessegnon 5 goals in pl and 3 assists  26 games  holder :frantic:

Ben arfa 1 goal in 2 games holder

:huff: appointment at the end of the season

Comparing the influence of the player

Guest Wearside

Sessegnon 5 goals in pl and 3 assists  26 games  holder :frantic:

Ben arfa 1 goal in 2 games holder

:huff: appointment at the end of the season

Comparing the influence of the player

Thanks for comfirming Sessegnon is pissing all over Ben Arfa.

Much appreiciated.

He'll be firing the goals in now that's for sure.

Worked a treat when this mug had Gardner v Cabaye up there in his shite wind up patter.