La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This 'Quatro Clasico' series is showing how thin their squad is. Use the Fabregas money to get 2 centre backs, a left back, a striker (at least) and bulk up that motherfucker. That would be FAR more beneficial to them.

I rate Iraola as well, like. Considering they only have Basque players in their squad (or the vast majority, I'm not sure if it's the whole squad or not) and are much more limited with their options of who they can sign etc, they have a really good side and play some decent football.

This 'Quatro Clasico' series is showing how thin their squad is. Use the Fabregas money to get 2 centre backs, a left back, a striker (at least) and bulk up that motherfucker. That would be FAR more beneficial to them.

Oh, I agree about this. It's pretty much assumed around here that we will make a token effort for Cesc and then go for defenders/striker.

What is your financial situation like, VI? I know that may seem a daft question but do you have the money to go after few good signings? 2 or 3 good quality players who don't mind rotating a bit would make you pretty damn awesome.

What is your financial situation like, VI? I know that may seem a daft question but do you have the money to go after few good signings? 2 or 3 good quality players who don't mind rotating a bit would make you pretty damn awesome.

Can't see Scott Parker moving to Spain though.

What's your opinion on Busquets? (Apart from being an absolute fanny with his play acting that is)

For me, he's just a passable defensive midfielder who has been lucky to have played his entire life in the Barca system, and therefore fits in perfectly to their passing game.

He'd be appalling anywhere else.

What's your opinion on Busquets? (Apart from being an absolute fanny with his play acting that is)

For me, he's just a passable defensive midfielder who has been lucky to have played his entire life in the Barca system, and therefore fits in perfectly to their passing game.

He'd be appalling anywhere else.

Think he fits his job very well. Exactly what Barca need in that position. Good, clean passer with good defensive abilities that amply fills the holes when the defenders and other midfielders go on the attack. You don't need an aggressive tackling hyper maniac back there. Just a strong, clean player.

Busquets biggest virtue is his tactical discipline, imho. He's one of those players that always seem to pop up where he's needed: covering in defence, plugging holes here and there. He doesn't catch the eye but what he does he does it very well.

The sponsorship deal we signed with Qatar should help us a real deal, €30m plus some bonuses every season. We'll also cash in the €24m for Zlatan. Word is our transfer kitty is €50m.

Busquets biggest virtue is his tactical discipline, imho. He's one of those players that always seem to pop up where he's needed: covering in defence, plugging holes here and there. He doesn't catch the eye but what he does he does it very well.

Excellent assessment.

His distribution is fantastic too. The team doesn't look the same when Mascherano is playing that role.

"Do I like to play in a defensive team like Madrid? No, but I have to adapt to what the coach wants.

Mourinho on Ronaldo's absence (having explained other absences): "that's my decision."

Interesting

Guest neesy111

Mourinho has just written his P45 out with that decision.  I'm sure the fans and board will not be pleased.....

To be frank, they wouldn't have played since the league game is pretty meaningless (and Zaragoza at home isn't a hard fixture).

Still, refreshing to see Cronaldo admitting this. It's criminal with the sheer amount of talent Madrid has on its books that they play the way they do. Pellegrini's Madrid was a much better watch, and ended with a better record in the league.

Anyone else watching this rubbish?

Christ knows what the Portuguese t*** tells his players before the game. They look absolutely crap against 17th place.

not watching, what sort of team has he got out ?