Nike Premier Cup - World Finals 2010

lovejoy

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why do we have a random Colombian? Did his family move here?

Either Colombian or Spanish heritage, trying to work out which one. But people are allowed to move countries you know, despite what Parky says!

Why do we have a random Colombian? Did his family move here?

I presume his family moved here years ago,  he was playing for Wallsend boy club since he was about 9,  my nephew plays left back from Crammy so always had to mark him! 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

His name sticks out like a sore thumb. Funny thing is, I now automatically think he is our best player.

Almost predicted as much

:lol:

oh bugger, just been doing some Toon research for FM11 and I've just spotted a name in the U15s that will no doubt spark a Nile Ranger-esque thread of embarrassment...

Esteban Lopez - young Colombian Winger part of the U15's Nike Cup team!

Here's the list I had of the team who qualified back in May:

u 15 Nike Cup Winners

Esteban Lopez - 14/07/1995 - Colombia - Winger

Adam Campbell - 01/01/1995 - Newcastle - Striker

Phil Smith - ??? - Ashington -

Dan Hall - 11/09/1995 - Ashington -

Alex Kitchen - ??? - ??? - Mid/Striker

Jonni Quinn - 17/09/1995 - Alnwick - Striker

Craig Alex Wyard - 14/09/1995 - Bedlington - GK

Aidan Grant - ??? - South Shields

Ryan Mckinnon - ??? - Newcastle -

Leon Watson - ??? - Newcastle

Mark Brereton - ??? -

That a lass or something?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ho'way, suppose to be a thread to show support for our youngsters. So far we've got Ginger jibes and calling one of them a girl! Suppose it'll get them used to the SJP crowd.  :doh:

Ho'way, suppose to be a thread to show support for our youngsters. So far we've got Ginger jibes and calling one of them a girl! Suppose it'll get them used to the SJP crowd.  :doh:

Aye, let's show the kids some love.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Must

Resist

Getting

Excited

:frantic:

I know people will say stuff like 'it doesn't count at that age', but sod them. It counts. Its a fantastic experience for the lads playing in a pretty prestigious event that sees teams from all over the World compete. Qualifying alone should be seen as doing themselves proud. Keep up the good work, young 'uns!

:clap2:

Must

Resist

Getting

Excited

I know people will say stuff like 'it doesn't count at that age', but sod them. It counts. Its a fantastic experience for the lads playing in a pretty prestigious event that sees teams from all over the World compete. Qualifying alone should be seen as doing themselves proud. Keep up the good work, young 'uns!

Agree, they are young, but when you see the names of players in this competition from earlier years, its pretty immense.

This is a wounderfull experience for the lads, and they will grow on this im sure.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good job! :celb:

Maybe put some -9's for the January update?  :pow:

Some of them are already set in the database, but with Not for Extraction due to being too young. I've seen a handful of them play, but would really need to see them play some more before -9s came out. Bare in mind, in FM terms (nerd alert) the Toon haven't really produced anything (in regards to established players) higher than -8s in the last decade.

Anyway, thats all nerdy and people will be facepalming this thread to Deep Space Nine if we don't stop talking Football Manager.

Must

Resist

Getting

Excited

Agree, they are young, but when you see the names of players in this competition from earlier years, its pretty immense.

This is a wounderfull experience for the lads, and they will grow on this im sure.

They better had otherwise Mike will have to start another new 5 year plan.

Pachuca beat PSG so we're through to the quarters with a game to spare. Play Pachuca later to see who wins the group.

Was supposed to be going yesterday and today but couldn't make it for various reasons.

Definitely heading down for the knockout stages tomorrow so will post updates during the day. Hopefully we'll end up with a favourable draw to the Final, which is at Old Trafford on Saturday. Would be a superb experience for the lads if they can make it that far.

Was supposed to be going yesterday or today but for various reasons couldn't make it.

Definitely heading down for the knockout stages tomorrow so will post updates during the day. Hopefully we'll end up with a favourable draw to the Final, which is at Old Trafford on Saturday. Would be a superb experience for the lads if they can make it that far.

Please do