Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Bob Bradley in?

Sounds like it.  Hadn't hinted about resigning before MON went.

1045 BST: Bob Bradley has quit his job with the United States national team and is set to be named the new manager of Aston Villa.

Full story: talksport.com

United Squad of Aston Villa!

Bob Bradley in?

Sounds like it.  Hadn't hinted about resigning before MON went.

1045 BST: Bob Bradley has quit his job with the United States national team and is set to be named the new manager of Aston Villa.

Full story: talksport.com

United Squad of Aston Villa!

Well played  :clap:

Who did you steal that off  :shifty:

:bluestar:

Guest Chubby Jason

Replacing O'Neill with Bob Bradley is sheer insanity, Lerner must have either lost it just wants a "yes" man in place. Villa don't know how lucky they have been to have a manager like MON, I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

Replacing O'Neill with Bob Bradley is sheer insanity, Lerner must have either lost it just wants a "yes" man in place. Villa don't know how lucky they have been to have a manager like MON, I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

If he can fall out with Lerner he has no hope with Scrooge McFatfuck.

It's a huge risk. Coaching the USA national team and Managing a premiership team are two completely different things. But there's not much out there, perhaps they think he's got the most potential, they might be right but it's a gamble, since he's got zero experience in a high profile league.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was a good gig managing the US, every win was a plus and enhanced his reputation and his country's (as well as MLS), he could fall back and us 'PATRIOTIC PRIDE' as motivational spiel. Going to be tough for him at Villa where they'll be expecting wins, and Eurotrips.

Guest Heneage

Sure I've just heard on SSN that the rumours of Bradley leaving are false and he's actually in talks over extending his contract... ???

Like McClaren at Twente? O0

Sure I've just heard on SSN that the rumours of Bradley leaving are false and he's actually in talks over extending his contract... ???

Like McClaren at Twente? O0

SSN are saying it, I'm just passing it on.

Not really sure what they're game is, if they really wanted him so bad they could've extended his contract months ago. Everyone's pretty much assumed that his time will come to an end here and we'll move on to another manager to take us further than Bob did. I would think it's just some sort of publicity tactic.