Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

I think Klinsmann is pretty much nailed on to be the next US manager tbh.

Would be a very good choice for them. I also think he could be their next manager. He's hinted many times that he wants to manage them in the future.

I think Klinsmann is pretty much nailed on to be the next US manager tbh.

Would be a very good choice for them. I also think he could be their next manager. He's hinted many times that he wants to manage them in the future.

A gig that means he can stay in his OC home most of the time is pretty much Klinsmann's favourite gig, so no surprise there.

Has it been somehow confirmed yet that Bradley will take the Villa job? Bet365 are still offering quite good odds for it....

Nah it haven't, just rumours gathering speed due to the other rumour that Bradley's released from his contract.

Has it been somehow confirmed yet that Bradley will take the Villa job? Bet365 are still offering quite good odds for it....

Nah it haven't, just rumours gathering speed due to the other rumour that Bradley's released from his contract.

Alright.  :thup:

Still thinking about putting some money on it.  :undecided:

Already have £25 on it. O0

Ok, then. I guess you'll have better odds than I have (2.50), but I've put the same money on now.

Ok, then. I guess you'll have better odds than I have (2.50), but I've put the same money on now.

I lumped on when he was at 4.50, hope we both win. :thup:

I lumped on when he was at 4.50, hope we both win. :thup:

Will do the same, obviously.  :thup:

When was the last time a caretaker manager was just a caretaker manager without any suggestion of them becoming permanent?  They were going on about it already with Villa on motd tonight.  I suppose the answer to my question is when a caretaker gets beat a lot, like when we got hammered 6-0 at Old Trafford under Pearson.  It really is ridiculous though when they win a game and suddenly they're favourite to be manager.

When was the last time a caretaker manager was just a caretaker manager without any suggestion of them becoming permanent?  They were going on about it already with Villa on motd tonight.  I suppose the answer to my question is when a caretaker gets beat a lot, like when we got hammered 6-0 at Old Trafford under Pearson.  It really is ridiculous though when they win a game and suddenly they're favourite to be manager.

he was mentioned for the job permanently before yesterdays match, mostly due to lack of any decent candidates for the job available methinks

Still hoping on Sven (bet-wise). No way is Bradley a top 6 manager.

And Sven is?

He's not?

He has a pretty good record from almost all the clubs he has managed, except for the England job.

And Mexico and Ivory Coast

Still hoping on Sven (bet-wise). No way is Bradley a top 6 manager.

And Sven is?

He's not?

He has a pretty good record from almost all the clubs he has managed, except for the England job.

I think the last two major tournaments have shown that Sven getting to 3 Quarter Finals wasn't as bad an achievement as made out at the time, particularly when given the circumstances/opposition we were knocked out by.