Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

All things considered they were overachiving a bit under O'Neill.

All thing considered apart from the size of the club and money spent, why should Villa be finishing lower than 6th when backed properly?

Sill did a better job in the CL than any Chelsea manager.

Think that's because he didn't get in the way, just sat on the sideline and scowled while the team did the business.

Aye, I reckon even I would have taken them to the final that year :lol:

Couldn't stand any american being a Prem manager.

"He's a great right side defenseman, if we go into overtime I know I can count on him to step up to the plate"

Alright dude, anyone who American who knows enough about soccerball doesn't speak like that.

Except for "Upper 90," everyone says that, hate that shit.

Guest MrBrown

"He's a great right side defenseman, if we go into overtime I know I can count on him to step up to the plate"

Alright dude, anyone who American who knows enough about soccerball doesn't speak like that.

Except for "Upper 90," everyone says that, hate that s***.

Tbh, I coach middle school soccer/ football over here and I find myself constantly having to rephrase my positional instructions. They don't know what a winger is. You have to say right or left midfielder.

Except for "Upper 90," everyone says that, hate that s***.

Tbh, I coach middle school soccer/ football over here and I find myself constantly having to rephrase my positional instructions. They don't know what a winger is. You have to say right or left midfielder.

You have players from West Africa, South America, Central Europe, etc. You have managers from all over the European continent. These people grew up speaking a plethora of different languages who have had to learn English, are in the process of learning it, or can't speak the language. It really is baffling to me that you think there would be a problem because the Americans speak a slightly different dialect.

Americans shouldn't commentate the sport, though. Ever.

Guest Tall Striker

Wont last two seasons there. Will be gone when the likes of Young and Agbonlahor are replaced by 'work-horses'.

No reason why we can't be finishing higher  than this lot 2 years down the line.