Rant about your 5-a-side...

bulivye

...or 6-a-side etc...  when nobody on the pitch seems to listen or even get it, we're here for you.  what bugs the shite out of you when you're playing?    for me it's the bloke who just refuses to play one-touch football.  got a guy who plays with us who seems to think that we all show up just to watch him dribble.  :angry:  really boils my piss when i make a run or open up space only to be ignored EVERY time!  never mind if i suck, the run deserves a reward once in a while!!  :rant:

anyone else got complaints?

The most irritating thing about mine is the emphasis on "trying hard" and "getting stuck in" over actually playing football properly.

When ever we lose we go on about not closing down quickly enough or "competing for every ball", with no mention of the fact we give the ball away after every second pass.

A mate who puts no effort in what so ever because he once broke his knee or something and doesn't want to get hurt again, if you aren't going to play properly don't bother coming. He pulls out of everything, won't tackle and he's not good enough to play up front so it's a predicament.

so, nobody else has any internal issues on their team?   no ballhogs?  no hot-tempered idiots?   hmm... 

Well yes, we have one player who gets loads of credit for running about like a headless chicken, and shouts at everyone else for not doing it. That's irritating.

Also one who is much better than the rest of us but therefore feels he needs to try to walk the ball in and take ridiculous shots.

My girlfriend is always complaining about her team actually, she says she can't get them to play one-touch passing football, or keep possession by passing backwards. They are women though.

so, nobody else has any internal issues on their team?   no ballhogs?  no hot-tempered idiots?   hmm... 

Well yes, we have one player who gets loads of credit for running about like a headless chicken, and shouts at everyone else for not doing it. That's irritating.

Also one who is much better than the rest of us but therefore feels he needs to try to walk the ball in and take ridiculous shots.

My girlfriend is always complaining about her team actually, she says she can't get them to play one-touch passing football, or keep possession by passing backwards. They are women though.

:shifty:

A mate who puts no effort in what so ever because he once broke his knee or something and doesn't want to get hurt again, if you aren't going to play properly don't bother coming. He pulls out of everything, won't tackle and he's not good enough to play up front so it's a predicament.

Or a mate who broke his hand 10 years ago, but refuses take a turn in goal in-case the ball hits it.  The same lad who goes to the gym every night and lifts weights.

Boils my piss.

No major complaints about our weekly sessions although there is the odd minor thing:

It's nice that it's competative but it is taken far too seriously sometimes i.e. fouls being called for people falling over or ball to hand situations.

When people whinge at the end of the game when people don't fly back to help the defence. People are starting to tire man we're not athletes.

Also there's one lad who frequently gets moaned at, and yes while his general build up play is frustrating he's a one man army in front of goal so it evens itself out. I feel a bit sorry for him.

Guest diddimz

The shit standard of the ref's, our ones know the rules of the game,but they don't know the game itself, so blows the whistle every 30 seconds, instead of letting the game flow

team mates never give me any movement, which makes passing so much harder. move and put some effort in, man! its turning me into the angry guy who gets petulant, which i hate.

This is my #1 hate in the 5-a-side I've played. You can have the ball for 10 seconds and still non one's made a run or even made any space. Just standing there. Like watching Newcastle, ffs.

team mates never give me any movement, which makes passing so much harder. move and put some effort in, man! its turning me into the angry guy who gets petulant, which i hate.

This is my #1 hate in the 5-a-side I've played. You can have the ball for 10 seconds and still non one's made a run or even made any space. Just standing there. Like watching Newcastle, ffs.

My problem is the opposite, I bust a gut to make runs and be available for the pass, but people try stupid shit instead of the obvious ball.

My problem is the opposite, I bust a gut to make runs and be available for the pass, but people try stupid shit instead of the obvious ball.

:snod:

Not football, but a rant on my beer-league ice hockey team. 

Hockey is supposed to be played at a high intensity fast pace.....players on the ice for about a minute and then rest for 1-2 shifts.

So it pisses me off when players coast about on the ice at half pace for 2 to 2.5 mins , never look to come off the ice and have to be dragged off by the bench when his line change is done except for him and he steals the ice time from the guy behind him in the rotation.

We have one guy on the team who insists that he is God's gift to coaching. He takes the team talk and turns it in to a cluster f*ck of tactics that make no sense. He is the same guy who tries a rocket from half way every few minutes only to see the ball miss high and wide EVERY time.

When he plays we lose half our matches. When he is on holiday we win most of the time and play very freely and have fun.

We started a 7-a-side league last night, due to short notice for the game we could only get 8 players. We held it to 0-0 until half time, then we all got knackered due to not playing for a couple years and began to ship goals, ended up losing 7-1. It was just annoying how fitness is such a massive factor, we were playing nice football and creating chances (they had an monster keeper, about 6'5 and basically covered all the goal) but as soon as we lost the ball they would just boot it up the field, sometimes not even to anybody, but would just rush up the field. Began to get very tiring having to run back and they basically won because of that. Bit shit.

Yeah we have a couple of annoying players, one of my mates is one of those who thinks he's class, got the customised boots and all sorts, thinks he can play anywhere etc... he constantly gives out instructions and criticism and it's so fucking annoying. :lol: Nothing worse than being told to do stuff by someone worse than you to start with. He'll be benched next week. :coolsmiley:

I have this annoying guy on my team, always expects me to pass the ball to him instead of taking on the opposition. I tried that a few times and he kept losing possession, so I figure we're better off the less he touches the ball. The irony is, that he keeps going on about how he's "making runs" but they're always into the opposition area (where you can't touch the ball), pretty sure he slags me off behind my back, says that I don't like playing one-touch football. Earth calling: having a shocking first touch and losing possession does not equal one-touch football.