Absolute disgrace if this goes through

AfroP

Well since the arab sheiks got involved with man city they have done everything they can to chuck money about and buy everyone.

now they may have taken it too far

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3093647/Manchester-City-are-ready-to-make-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-a-500000-a-week-deal.html

MANCHESTER City have offered Zlatan Ibrahimovic a four-year deal worth a staggering £96MILLION - or roughly £500,000 a week.

The mega-deal would make the Barcelona striker the highest-paid footballer in the world, earning £24m a year.

That dwarfs the salaries of top stars such as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka.

City representatives made their mouth-watering offer direct to Ibrahimovic's manager Mino Raiola to show how much they want to capture the Swedish international.

The huge deal dwarfs the 11m euros a year the striker picks up at the Nou Camp.

Ibrahimovic is unsettled at Barca despite joining only last summer in a 50m euro deal that also took Samuel Eto'o from Barcelona to the San Siro.

The enigmatic forward fell out with Barca coach Pep Guardiola in February and the pair barely speak now.

Ibrahimovic is upset he has not been a regular starter and he has clashed with his coach over Barca's style of play.

So the chance to be involved in building a new club to rival Europe's best is an attractive proposition, especially with such a salary on offer.

The striker is familiar with City boss Roberto Mancini after the pair's time together at Inter Milan.

A source close to Ibrahimovic said: "City have shown how much they want Zlatan and although he is well paid at Barcelona this offer is in a different league.

"It has given him plenty to think about especially when he is not so happy with his football at Barca.

"The idea of being part of a move to create a new super club to challenge the very best in Europe is also attractive.

"City have to agree a deal with Barcelona before this can go any further - but there's a feeling that could all happen fairly quickly now."

Unsettled Brazilian star Robinho could move to Barcelona as a makeweight in the deal.

Ibrahimovic's arrival would raise more questions about the futures of strikers Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy as City continue their spree.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3093647/Manchester-City-are-ready-to-make-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-a-500000-a-week-deal.html#ixzz0wUThGfJv

Guest Chubby Jason

He's class. Better than Rooney, don't understand why he still isn't rated in England. Anyway, he's def staying at Barcelona.

How is he better than Rooney? You think Fergie should sell Rooney and go all out for Ibrahimovic then?

He's class. Better than Rooney, don't understand why he still isn't rated in England. Anyway, he's def staying at Barcelona.

How is he better than Rooney? You think Fergie should sell Rooney and go all out for Ibrahimovic then?

No, is that the alternative?

My point is, living in England for the past six months and listening to the huge amount of praise Rooney recieves from all over, and the equal amount of negative talk surrounding Zlatan, I think the rest of Europe is of another opinion.

Shame that Ibrahimovic is such a tit.

In terms of pure ability he's absolutely immense, but he's too greedy and moody on the pitch and too much of an idiot off it to have made the best of his talents.

He'd probably fit in better at a club full of cunts like Man City.

Thats not what he's saying is it?

He thinks Ibrahimovic is a better player than Rooney, and I'm prepared to agree with him. Ibrahimovic is (by far) the better player when he is arsed, however, Rooney is more consistent so its a case of getting the better out of the player and I dont think Fergie could get the best out of Ibrahimovic with the style of play he prefer.

Guest Chubby Jason

He thinks Ibrahimovic is a better player than Rooney, and I'm prepared to agree with him. Ibrahimovic is (by far) the better player when he is arsed, however, Rooney is more consistent so its a case of getting the better out of the player and I dont think Fergie could get the best out of Ibrahimovic with the style of play he prefer.

So Rooney plays better week in, week out and has a better attitude, I think it's fair to say Rooney is the better player.

So Rooney plays better week in, week out and has a better attitude, I think it's fair to say Rooney is the better player.

:thup:

I wouldn't agree with that. Rooney is more consistent, that might be true, but Zlatan at his best is the better player imo. Just look at what he did to the Serie A under Mourinho. Barcelona has been a "bad" move for him so far, yet he had a fairly good season on the back of some unfair expectations from the most stupid transfer deal ever made.