Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Remember when people thought this useless cunthole was worth £20m?

He used to perform like a £20m+ player. Not any more though.

I think you will be able to say that about a lot of our players the longer they are here. Cabaye, Sissoko, Cisse...I could go on. Personally I refuse to judge the players negatively under the current manager. I just don't think it's fair to judge footballers playing out of position in a team with no movement.

What's happened is that Pardew, by his own admission, has attempted to turn him into Essien.

Yep. Absolutely infuriating. Our midfield organisation has been terrible all year, Pardew wants some multi-talented middle but doesn't have it, yet continues to persevere with shit that isn't working.

He played great for the first 5 minutes of the match. That was it. New DM please.

Or move Sissoko back and buy an AM, either way he has to be either sold or pushed down pecking order.

He simply isn't good enough to start based on this season.

He's f***ing rubbish and has been for a long time.

It's no coincidence that he's never been the same since those comments about 'doing more'. He's not a defensive midfielder now, he's become a central player, he actually plays ahead of Cabaye most of the time.

He's fucking rubbish and has been for a long time.

Man U were ready to pay £15m for him pre-season. He isn't rubbish, we just need a manager who can put players where they operate most effectively. Cabaye should be playing ahead of Tiote not behind him for example.

Why in the f*** is he on the ball so much? Get in people's faces, win tackles, give it to someone more capable. Rocket science.

Gona threaten his car tyres, every time he does a needless pirhoette, am gona stab his tyre up.

But will you tell him please? thanks

Think he's in exactly the same boat as Pardew, tbh. Overachieved for a season and has looked his true £3.5m (at best) self the rest of the time. We'll get nowhere with players like him making basic mistakes and slowing our play down all season.

And fucking Keegan's in the press saying that we're vulnerable to losing him this summer? To who, ffs, Norwich?

Think he's in exactly the same boat as Pardew, tbh. Overachieved for a season and has looked his true £3.5m (at best) self the rest of the time. We'll get nowhere with players like him making basic mistakes and slowing our play down all season.

And fucking Keegan's in the press saying that we're vulnerable to losing him this summer? To who, ffs, Norwich?

Just shows to me Keegan knows more about footballers than you do tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, he's fucking rubbish like. I cannot stand Pardew at all, but I don't believe for one second that Pardew tells Tiote to go out there and do anything that results in him consistently misplacing passes (especially high up the field when he's the last man) and try to Cruyff turn three players on the edge of his own box. Everything else can be accounted to management, and I agree that he's being misused, but I still think he's a fundamentally stupid player.

Just shows to me Keegan knows more about footballers than you do tbh.

I do hope you're right because I'm fed up of watching bad footballers. The fact that the majority on here want Perch on the pitch instead of him says it all.

Nah, he's fucking rubbish like. I cannot stand Pardew at all, but I don't believe for one second that Pardew tells Tiote to go out there and do anything that results in him consistently misplacing passes (especially high up the field when he's the last man) and try to Cruyff turn three players on the edge of his own box. Everything else can be accounted to management, and I agree that he's being misused, but I still think he's a fundamentally stupid player.

Yet he still produces some of our better long range passes and is a better crosser of the ball than Jonas. He's not the brightest spark but he needs to keep it simple and he'll be fine. Again, a management issue for me.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, he's f***ing rubbish like. I cannot stand Pardew at all, but I don't believe for one second that Pardew tells Tiote to go out there and do anything that results in him consistently misplacing passes (especially high up the field when he's the last man) and try to Cruyff turn three players on the edge of his own box. Everything else can be accounted to management, and I agree that he's being misused, but I still think he's a fundamentally stupid player.

Yet he still produces some of our better long range passes and is a better crosser of the ball than Jonas. He's not the brightest spark but he needs to keep it simple and he'll be fine. Again, a management issue for me.

He does what now? He's better a crosser than Jonas? Most people are, that's not in any way a positive attribute, it just means that he hasn't put in 99.9% horrific crosses for nigh on 4 years.

Didn't Pardew say he had told Cisse we needed more from him not just breaking up play and keeping it simple, sure he told him he had to try to create to get forward support the attack.

This if I remember correctly was last season, all it has done is stop Tiote being Tiote, yes his bookings were an issue but no point having a beast if you tame him is there.

Guest firetotheworks

Stephen Hawkins is a better crosser that Jonas tbh.

Aye, but like Marveaux he's not really a winger. I think he plays best as a number 10 in the black hole.

Stephen Hawkins is a better crosser that Jonas tbh.

Aye, but like Marveaux he's not really a winger. I think he plays best as a number 10 in the black hole.

:lol: considering how large the gaps are between the lines are in this team shamefully the hole is that large.

Nah, he's f***ing rubbish like. I cannot stand Pardew at all, but I don't believe for one second that Pardew tells Tiote to go out there and do anything that results in him consistently misplacing passes (especially high up the field when he's the last man) and try to Cruyff turn three players on the edge of his own box. Everything else can be accounted to management, and I agree that he's being misused, but I still think he's a fundamentally stupid player.

He does what now? He's better a crosser than Jonas? Most people are, that's not in any way a positive attribute, it just means that he hasn't put in 99.9% horrific crosses for nigh on 4 years.

Tiote is a good all round player. He's quick, aggressive, good in the air, can hold the ball under pressure and can pass. His biggest problem is his ego, where he starts imagining himself to be Glenn Hoddle. For me, a strong manager would sort that out. It's like Eric Cantona under Howard Wilkinson vs Eric Cantona under Alex Ferguson.