Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If £20m comes in they'll sell. The target is to make at least 300% profit per player.

Have you got a direct line to Derek?

The target is to make a 300% profit within 36 months of the player signing for the club. £20m presents a 478% profit - they may wish to maximise that figure by waiting until the summer. Tough one to call - but the 300% 'rule' is in place.

cool story brother.    :evil5:

If £20m comes in they'll sell. The target is to make at least 300% profit per player.

The target is to make a 300% profit within 36 months of the player signing for the club. £20m presents a 478% profit - they may wish to maximise that figure by waiting until the summer. Tough one to call - but the 300% 'rule' is in place.

Are you serious?

:lol: the fuck's those figures coming from?

Boardroom level.

ok, who?

Wouldn't want to say anything else. Fairly sure that staff at the club and journalists/researchers within the regional press visit these boards.

Are you serious?

Yes. Which is why I am critical about us becoming a 'development (not selling) club'.

Are you serious?

Yes. Which is why I am critical about us becoming a 'development (not selling) club'.

What's wrong with that? It's working for Udinese.

:lol: the f***'s those figures coming from?

Boardroom level.

ok, who?

Wouldn't want to say anything else. Fairly sure that staff at the club and journalists/researchers within the regional press visit these boards.

Are you serious?

:iamatwat:  stop embarrassing  yourself lol

yeh because they know who colocho is,

Derek: oh look i found a mole, he's on 'newcastleonline' forum, his name is colocho! 

Ashley: who is colocho?

Derek, err dunno....  let's just sell tiote now mike!  come on ..300% !!!

You really should tell the local press about these objectives, if you haven't already. Sure they would love to expose them, and fans would love to know about them.

The 'direct line' between Oliver and Shepherd (that Ryder told me personally about) now exists between the communications (PR) team at the club and Douglas/Ryder. Ryder's own views are limited to his blog and webchats. NCJ cannot afford to bite the hand that feeds - and instead works as a sounding board for the club's agenda. As you may have already guessed, every press statement (including Llambias') from the club is written by Wendy Taylor and co. approved at boardroom level, and distributed to the press.

I've been advised by a national tabloid sports journalist that they couldn't report such a story without some form of recording.

I get that a direct line would exist between the club's PR and the press, that's what PR people are for after all. But I don't understand why NCJ would be so scared of upsetting the club. What do they get from the club anyway, that they couldn't find out/make up anyway?

You really should tell the local press about these objectives, if you haven't already. Sure they would love to expose them, and fans would love to know about them.

The 'direct line' between Oliver and Shepherd (that Ryder told me personally about) now exists between the communications (PR) team at the club and Douglas/Ryder. Ryder's own views are limited to his blog and webchats. NCJ cannot afford to bite the hand that feeds - and instead works as a sounding board for the club's agenda. As you may have already guessed, every press statement (including Llambias') from the club is written by Wendy Taylor and co. approved at boardroom level, and distributed to the press.

I've been advised by a national tabloid sports journalist that they couldn't report such a story without some form of recording.

Hardly the scandal of the century now, is it? Every sports desk at a local rag is utterly beholden to the Premier League club(s) that they report on.

I get that a direct line would exist between the club's PR and the press, that's what PR people are for after all. But I don't understand why NCJ would be so scared of upsetting the club. What do they get from the club anyway, that they couldn't find out/make up anyway?

'Exclusives', in the form of 'access' to playing and coaching staff. As shite as most of it is (most player 'interviews' also come from Comms team), it sells. People will always want to read this kind of stuff, what the players and managers are thinking after/in the run up to games. It's as good as a monopoly for NCJ in the region. Journal, Chronicle, Sunday Sun all NCJ...

The papers can't print quotes without club sign off - so cut out the middle man (i.e. the player). Remember when Santon signed and said "I never saw a Mackem in Milan!" Christ, it's all so contrived - how don't people see through it?

Very little of what NCJ reports is 'journalism', however you define journalism these days... and most of the information that they report (print would be more fitting) on a daily basis, if not all is spoon-fed to them by the in-house PR team at the club.

Hardly the scandal of the century now, is it? Every sports desk at a local rag is utterly beholden to the Premier League club(s) that they report on.

Only reason I'm talking about the maligned local press is because they would never report a 'scandal' in a full-blooded manner.

What I find scandalous is the club having a targeted ROI on players.

'Exclusives', in the form of 'access' to playing and coaching staff. As s**** as most of it is (most player 'interviews' also come from Comms team), it sells. People will always want to read this kind of stuff, what the players and managers are thinking after/in the run up to games. It's as good as a monopoly for NCJ in the region. Journal, Chronicle, Sunday Sun all NCJ...

The papers can't print quotes without club sign off - so cut out the middle man (i.e. the player). Remember when Santon signed and said "I never saw a Mackem in Milan!" Christ, it's all so contrived - how don't people see through it?

Very little of what NCJ reports is 'journalism', however you define journalism these days... and most of the information that they report (print would be more fitting) on a daily basis, if not all is spoon-fed to them by the in-house PR team at the club.

Only reason I'm talking about the maligned local press is because they would never report a 'scandal' in a full-blooded manner.

so what? what scandalous about that?  at least there's a formula to the club's structure, it's just sad that you actually believe every player will be sold due to a 300% profit,  if that really is the case there will no team left,  this targeted ROI  ain't going work very well once you're in the championship peddling around with C class players.  Use your head Colocho.

They'd be fucked without NUFC tbh.

This 300% ROI target hasn't worked very well has it? Apart from Carroll I'm not sure I can think of any player we've sold that has even come close to hitting that sort of return. In fact with our most recent departure, we let a player who cost £5 million go for nothing. 

Guest Heneage

I understand that Colocho grasps the concept of local media and their relationship with the football clubs they report on. What I don't quite understand is how that relates to him (supposedly) knowing the % with which we look to reach when selling players.

They'd be f***ed without NUFC tbh.

Pretty much.

From my understanding, newspaper sales are probably declining really (most likely due to the free availability of the Journal/Chronicle/Sunday Sun online). So NCJ need all the stories they can get from the club so that they can still advertise "exclusives" for the afternoon sale of the Chronicle. I imagine quite a lot of people, after seeing these adverts, buy the Chronicle from the stands outside Eldon Square/Monument etc after finishing work. They simply can't afford being banned from St. James' Park.

Pretty much.

From my understanding, newspaper sales are probably declining really (most likely due to the free availability of the Journal/Chronicle/Sunday Sun online). So NCJ need all the stories they can get from the club so that they can still advertise "exclusives" for the afternoon sale of the Chronicle. I imagine quite a lot of people, after seeing these adverts, buy the Chronicle from the stands outside Eldon Square/Monument etc after finishing work. They simply can't afford being banned from St. James' Park.

sure publishing controversial views against the club will always risk the job or future access afforded to the publisher and the writer.  but that  doesn't give the articles or stories being published anymore credit or truth does it?

Pretty much.

sure publishing controversial views against the club will always risk the job or future access afforded to the publisher and the writer.  but that  doesn't give the articles or stories being published anymore credit or truth does it?

Guess that really depends on what the article is about. If something is published and the club takes measures to ban the offending publisher and writer, then there may be some substance to it :undecided:

'Exclusives', in the form of 'access' to playing and coaching staff. As s**** as most of it is (most player 'interviews' also come from Comms team), it sells. People will always want to read this kind of stuff, what the players and managers are thinking after/in the run up to games. It's as good as a monopoly for NCJ in the region. Journal, Chronicle, Sunday Sun all NCJ...

What you're saying about holding onto him until the summer makes no sense, surely if what you're saying is true and the club do want to make a nice mark up on players January is the time to cash in.

Don't know how long this secret scheme can run like, you're onto them already.

I personally think you're f***ing micey.

Manchester United have had a £20m bid for Tiote turned down. Looks like we won't be selling.  *

* Didn't realise you could make shit up and write as if its definitely true. This is going to be cool.

:hom: