Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Tiote emerges as 'panic target'

by Setanta Staff , 19 December 2011

Martin Ferguson saw Newcastle's 0-0 draw with Swansea on Saturday - leading to speculation that Manchester United want Cheick Tiote.

The brother of Old Trafford boss Sir Alex has been actively scouting players on the continent this season but was spotted watching a domestic affair at the Sports Direct Arena.

Tiote, 25, had been out of action for two months prior to his comeback at the weekend - strengthening the notion that Ferguson's presence there was no coincidence.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew said last week that any club wishing to buy Tiote in January would have to pay through the nose and that it would be 'very difficult' to persuade the club to part with him.

Tiote, who joined Newcastle for £3.5million 18 months ago, signed a new contract in February tying him to the club until 2017.

However, sources in the north east say Newcastle's business model is partially built on selling players on when clubs traditionally make panic buys - the January transfer window.

http://www.setanta.com/ien/Articles/2011/12/19/Tiote-emerges-as-panic-target/gnid-122439/

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Man United have Cleverley and Anderson as long term options on top of the likes of Fletcher, Carrick and Giggs. Reckon Chelsea will be the ones who do the deal in January.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Man United have Cleverley and Anderson as long term options on top of the likes of Fletcher, Carrick and Giggs. Reckon Chelsea will be the ones who do the deal in January.

Romeaus emergence may make Chelsea think twice. A centre forward is a far more pressing concern

Isn't Anderson out for the rest of the season?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Isn't Anderson out for the rest of the season?

I read February somewhere, same time as Cleverley? Could be wrong.

Romeaus emergence may make Chelsea think twice. A centre forward is a far more pressing concern

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5543/1544299729.jpg

'No no no, don't go guys. We've got other products we're sure will interest you!'

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/505/868096dembaba.jpg

He's as good as gone tbh.

I can't describe my anger at posts like this.

Once bitten, twice shy mate. Completely understandable, if a little negative. 

We've lost a key player in the last two windows. Will be a miracle if we don't lose another in January.

Still trying to convince myself that every player sold off for a big profit is a step closer to him fucking off.

Best way to cope imo, but then I will still worry we won't get anyone better. Plenty of shit owners about that could drag us down again.

Football huh?  :hmm: