Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If we do sell him (and I really hope we don't) I hope its anyone but Liverpool. I really hate that club.

Would be very very gutted if we sold him as well of course, but what you say if it happens.

thought he was poor today, gave the ball away far too much, was starting to loose his temper, really could of been booked too

Didn't look fit to me.

Said the same early on, still played more than competently though.

Hopefully he'll be a bit better if he plays Weds.

Guest Heneage

Heard from someone today whos brother works at st james' (yes i know),that Tiote is as good as gone.Apparently he agreed to join Chelsea weeks ago.

:lol: :lol:

Do any of those quotes mention anything about Chelsea?  :lol:

:laugh: Indeed, Tiote says f*** all about Chelsea in that Daily Mail article Skirge posted.

:lol:

The papers man, there may be fuck all in the link with him this time around too, all we can do is hope he wants to stay and hope the fee we would want will put everyone off anyway.

There was a bit in one of the local papers recently (thought it was by Mark Douglas but oculd be wrong) where he said he felt a little more assured about Tiote staying having spoken to people close to him.  It was along the lines that he was quite a shy person who would feel out of place in London and that he was very happy in Newcastle.  I recall it saying there was absolutely no desire from Tiote to move but that it might not be his decision in the end (in the journalist's view).

I am sure I read that he has only played about 35 games for us so yet again he is another player who has yet to play a full season.  It seems a shame that if you get a good player, that there is such a rush to move them on.

However, if we "have" to sell one player next month - out of the three touted (Krul, Colo and Tiote) - then I guess Tiote would be the one.  We would still suffer as a team but I reckon we would suffer more if we lost Colo and Krul because we just don't have adequate replacements for those two.

There was a bit in one of the local papers recently (thought it was by Mark Douglas but oculd be wrong) where he said he felt a little more assured about Tiote staying having spoken to people close to him.  It was along the lines that he was quite a shy person who would feel out of place in London and that he was very happy in Newcastle.  I recall it saying there was absolutely no desire from Tiote to move but that it might not be his decision in the end (in the journalist's view).

I am sure I read that he has only played about 35 games for us so yet again he is another player who has yet to play a full season.  It seems a shame that if you get a good player, that there is such a rush to move them on.

However, if we "have" to sell one player next month - out of the three touted (Krul, Colo and Tiote) - then I guess Tiote would be the one.  We would still suffer as a team but I reckon we would suffer more if we lost Colo and Krul because we just don't have adequate replacements for those two.

I don't see why we "have" to sell anybody unless it's a fringe player to make way for an upgrade.

Abs insane how assured I feel with him bossing the centre of our midfield. There were times when he just outmuscled about everyone and kept possesion and moved the ball on.

Was great to see him back in the middle, such a presence. However, his touch at times was fucking terrible. Will put this down to being out for a few weeks of course, but it nearly costs us once or twice.