Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Can't quite get my head around how supporters of Arsenal can shout racist bollocks considering some of the players that have played for them, Henry for example  ???  :huff:

Fucking morons.

Lots of papers going with "Tiote & Krul wanted by Chelsea" today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-to-bid-30m-for-krul-and-tiot-7578111.html?

I can see it being very hard for us to hold on to him. While he always raises our game to another level - we rarely loose with him on the pitch - he's been away or out so much this season that I think we'll manage without him.

I reckon the way he stood up at Arsenal might have convinced some of the bigger clubs that he is actually worth >20m

Guest Deadmau5

Provided we can get 20 million for him, its alright. With Graham Carr with can probably find someone similar for 3-5 mill.

Between his suspensions, ACON, rusty form and injuries - 20 million from 3.5 in 2 years is terrific business.

As for Krul, just replace him with Vorm.  Better keeper for less money.

Despite Pardew's propaganda, surely we're safe from these kind of bids now the finances are much better?

Unless the players wants to go of course...

you would think so, they're both on long contracts and the club's in good financial health, they'll have to pay Carroll type money. If they wanna do that then let them.

Provided we can get 20 million for him, its alright. With Graham Carr with can probably find someone similar for 3-5 mill.

Between his suspensions, ACON, rusty form and injuries - 20 million from 3.5 in 2 years is terrific business.

I will have none of this lunacy.  :huff:

If it's this easy we might as well just sell everyone and start again for shits and giggles. :thup:

Other than Ba, everyone of our top players are on long contracts so if anyone wants them they will have to pay massive fees.

So if Tiote leaves i wont be too disheartened as long as the money is re-invested back into the squad and tbf the Carroll money was.

It took 2 windows but eventually it was so i believe it will again.

BTW the Krul story is so much BS it aint even funny, 10m for one of the best GK in the league who just signed a new contract when Chelsea already have one of the most young GK's in europe.....

Just usual media trying to unsettle our players as usual.

Guest Phil K

BTW the Krul story is so much BS it aint even funny, 10m for one of the best GK in the league who just signed a new contract when Chelsea already have one of the most young GK's in europe.....

Just usual media trying to unsettle our players as usual.

Definately. The London rags record in unsettling our players is bettered only by the Manchester rags.

Press bullshit... nothing more to say on it really

Pretty much. The Independent has been very tabloid-y for a while now, so I wouldn't say that they're very reliable these days. Shame, it used to be a decent newspaper.

I know I would slagged but it is important to sell Tiote if we want this club go forward. Having said that we need to spend at least 15 mil to replace him. He is tough but his passing and the tempo of his game is pretty bad. See his performance against Wolves and Mackems he was not a world beater. He is not a player who drives us forward in those sort of games. If we spent 15 mil we can get that sort of player who can sit in front of the back four and move forward to drive us to win.

I know I would slagged but it is important to sell Tiote if we want this club go forward. Having said that we need to spend at least 15 mil to replace him. He is tough but his passing and the tempo of his game is pretty bad. See his performance against Wolves and Mackems he was not a world beater. He is not a player who drives us forward in those sort of games. If we spent 15 mil we can get that sort of player who can sit in front of the back four and move forward to drive us to win.

That wouldn't be a problem if Pardew used the second central midfield player to drive us forward. Tiote's job is to protect the back four, he can help to begin the drive forward as long as he's not having to attempt hollywood hoofballs. The short simple passes to players in space who can then move the ball forward.

Maybe it can be up for debate in 2 or 3 years as long as we upgrade other areas of the squad, but to say that replacing Tiote is important to the club's progression right now is laughable. And even then I'd be a bit sceptical of being able to replace him as simply as just chucking £15m at someone.

I feel exactly the same. 20 million should be enough to find a player around 12 million to replace him

Cabaye and Tiote will never make a good partnership if we want to play good football and stay in the top 6. Ideally Tiote would stay and we buy a box-to-box guy to partner him.

Pretty much every game that either Cabaye or Tiote are playing, we're told by a commentator what a fantastic partnership they've been for us. After a quick check, I can't believe they've even managed 16 starts together out of 29 league appearances. Doesn't feel like it at all.

Cabaye and Tiote will never make a good partnership if we want to play good football and stay in the top 6. Ideally Tiote would stay and we buy a box-to-box guy to partner him.

Pretty much every game that either Cabaye or Tiote are playing, we're told by a commentator what a fantastic partnership they've been for us. After a quick check, I can't believe they've even managed 16 starts together out of 29 league appearances. Doesn't feel like it at all.

They are a fantastic partnership....... defensively.

They are fantastic at closing the spaces between the lines and preventing teams from getting at our defence but going forward its very meh which is why a 3rd midfielder is required to make it work and some how fit Ba-Cisse-HBA together.

I actually think Ben Arfa could play that role in a 4-2-1-3 formation but he would need drop alot deeper and more tactical discipline than he does atm.

We will see what the summer has in store.

They are fantastic at closing the spaces between the lines and preventing teams from getting at our defence but going forward its very meh which is why a 3rd midfielder is required to make it work and some how fit Ba-Cisse-HBA together.

I actually think Ben Arfa could play that role in a 4-2-1-3 formation but he would need drop alot deeper and more tactical discipline than he does atm.

Very true. :thup: Just been so stop-start that I forget they've played that much together. Agree with you in pretty much everything there, too.

Random, pointless thought. With Cabaye's long-range pass attempts, could you imagine if we had him last season with Barton and Carroll still here?

Very true. :thup: Just been so stop-start that I forget they've played that much together. Agree with you in pretty much everything there, too.

Random, pointless thought. With Cabaye's long-range pass attempts, could you imagine if we had him last season with Barton and Carroll still here?

It could of worked it will be absolute long ball bombardment with Barton and Cabaye both in the same midfield bombarding the box with floating passes for Carroll to knock down for Nolan etc etc.....

Would'nt have been nice to watch but it would have been effective.

Much as I like Tiote he has not pushed on and he looked a better player last season.

If someone is daft enough to bid £20M for a player who has had one outstanding game this season, scored one goal since arriving and spends a lot of his playing time on the knife edge of a physical player on a yellow card, then I'd take their hand off. I'd be interested to see how stats compare this season between games he's played and games he hasn't but I don't think he has been missed anywhere near as much as we expected.

Defensive CM is probably the easiest position in football to replace and maybe Abeid will make the grade anyway.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

His season has been extremely disrupted, of course he hasn't pushed on. Hate the attitude that we can sell and acquire an as good or better replacement straight away. Tiote's a very good player.