Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

From the journal though?

Let's not pretend the Journal has'nt printed off some bullocks over the years  :lol: they are the same as everyone else, they need stories to print for cash the only difference is its local and probably not printing stories to unsettle our players like the London and Manc rags do.

Offers of 15m, isn't there 5 years left on his contract?

That's if you believe the Journal sources. It could well be a load of bollocks so I'm not going to waste my time fretting about it.

Offers of 15m, isn't there 5 years left on his contract?

That's if you believe the Journal sources. It could well be a load of bollocks so I'm not going to waste my time fretting about it.

Me neither, I just find it a bit of a silly thing to say.

Complete bullshit IMO. Chelsea have an interim manager in place and the season isn't even over yet  :idiot2: So who's making the signing then? Is Abromovich picking the team? ..

Independent yesterday - 'chelsea willing to pay £20m for his signature'

Journal today - 'Newcastle willing to listen to offers around £15m'

aye, can see it now....

Abramovic "here's £20m for cheik"

Ashley "don't be silly, we'll take £15m"

Abramovic "oh you.."

:yao:

Manager sacked, interim still there - the season to play for still and a summer where there could massive change in terms of backroom staff/new manager and a major decision on players staying or going before they look at new signings....this whole thing smells like a load of crap to me.

So you believe all players are picked and bought by the Russian?

No manager worth his salt would manage a club with champions league expectations where the owner picks and buys the players man (Shevchenko aside, and a big part of the reason Mourinho left IIR?). Why would Ancelotti, Scolari, Villas-Boas, Hiddink go there if that was the case in the first place?

So you believe all players are picked and bought by the Russian?

No manager worth his salt would manage a club with champions league expectations where the owner picks and buys the players man (Shevchenko aside, and a big part of the reason Mourinho left IIR?). Why would Ancelotti, Scolari, Villas-Boas, Hiddink go there if that was the case in the first place?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2092951/Chelsea-boss-Andre-Villas-Boas-Kevin-Bruyne-choice.html

I seen him yesterday, alot taller than he looks on the pitch, he had a full length white gown on with sandals, white framed glasses and his big mohican, he likes to stay under the radar does cheick...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like an extra from Black Hawk Down.  Did he have an AK as well?

Guest Tyson

No way is Tiote good enough for Chelsea..

As a player-for-player successor to Essien. He's not anywhere near the complete footballer that Essien is.

Surely there's a place purely for him as a midfield destroyer though, but it has to be in a central midfield trio which enables the CAMs to be released in attack behind the anchoring CF. The plausability of this structure depends on how well Drogba is phased out & eventually replaced, as he's still the team's heartbeat. Torres, as to whether he has the grit & attitude needed to anchor the line (for a season) is debatable, and Lukuku (the nearest physical comparison to Drogba) hasn't kicked-on so far. Maybe this is why they're looking to sign Hulk in the Summer.