Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Can we please spell his name right in the thread title  :rolleyes:

It is.

He is registered with the Premier League as 'Cheik', I doubt the club would get that wrong given all the paperwork required for work permit etc.

He said himself that it's Cheick. This is the second time we've discussed this, Greg. :lol:

It says that on Wikipedia but there is no link to a source, do you have one?

If not I'm inclined to go with what is on his official paperwork.

It is.

He is registered with the Premier League as 'Cheik', I doubt the club would get that wrong given all the paperwork required for work permit etc.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/PlayerProfile/0,,10278~44277,00.html

also from Wiki:

Cheick Ismaël Tioté (pronounced /Ćĥèı-Ķ Tí-Ó-Ţĕ/) (born 21 June 1986) is an Ivorian footballer who plays for Premier League club Newcastle United and the Ivory Coast national team. He has been described as a "tough tackling defensive midfielder."[2]

His name is frequently misspelled as "Cheik", but the player himself confirmed to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle newspaper that the correct spelling is "Cheick"

I'll go with Chieck himself and the NUFC official site  :nile:

It is.

also from Wiki:

Cheick Ismaël Tioté (pronounced /Ćĥèı-Ķ Tí-Ó-Ţĕ/) (born 21 June 1986) is an Ivorian footballer who plays for Premier League club Newcastle United and the Ivory Coast national team. He has been described as a "tough tackling defensive midfielder."[2]

His name is frequently misspelled as "Cheik", but the player himself confirmed to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle newspaper that the correct spelling is "Cheick"

Wiki means nothing without a source.

I'd still be inclined to believe official Premier League documentation over even nufc.co.uk

It is.

also from Wiki:

Wiki means nothing without a source.

I'd still be inclined to believe official Premier League documentation over even nufc.co.uk

:okay:

:yao:

It is.

also from Wiki:

It certainly isn't with the 'i' before the 'e'.

It is.

also from Wiki:

It certainly isn't with the 'i' before the 'e'.

Typotastic  :lol:

Still buzzing all the time that he plays for us. Nothing better than a genuine quality DM who loves destroying people. We've been crying out for one for eons.

He had a fair few poor games last year, often against the poorer sides where he tried to play a more expansive game and ended up giving the ball away, hopefully he can cut that out as he still put in some outstanding performances against the better sides.

Still buzzing all the time that he plays for us. Nothing better than a genuine quality DM who loves destroying people. We've been crying out for one for eons.

Agreed, plus he's got more to his game than simply "a destroyer" too, is capable of a tasty pass here and there and is generally tidy with his distribution which is great to see.

Love a bit of Cheick me (Just for you Greg)  :lol: