Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Pretty standard warming up performance from Tiote, probably better than normal for this stage of the season tbh. There was a period in the second half though where he was f***ing bossing it and passing it lovely.

Agree with that, he's one of those players that always needs games and consistent ones at that for his distribution and other technical areas for that matter to flourish.

Having said that he did improve in the second half when we switched to 4-3-3 and he had more options to pass to.

Thought it was down to the fact that Cabaye was so off the pace which made Tiote look poor in the first half. He was having to play as the link man in midfield which is obviously not his strongest suite. I look forward to seeing him Anita and a fit Cabaye in a few away games this season.

He got into a stride in the second half, it seems to me he plays much better when we have a tempo going. Covered loads of ground and was too difficult for Spurs to control at times. I can see why we use 4-4-2, but I think he'll look even better in a 4-3-3 with more midfielders around him.

There is something hilarious about Cheik sprinting down the pitch like a freight train it always gives me a chuckle as he's built like a tank and then gets himself back into position and someone makes the mistake of getting too close to him and he kicks the hell out of them. 

Dave hit it on the head there, second half there were times where he was just bossing the game.

Tiote's passing often looks off in home games when the pressure is on us, the reason I think for that is when we aren't winning he's not playing his natural game but due to the character he is he's trying to take responsibility and make things happen when others around him aren't. Fuck all wrong with that iyam.

Although I wish he wouldn't shoot all the time.

Tiote's got a great shot in him that turns up once in a blue moon, remember stoke at home last season, he nearly scored two great goals lol, he's like a good darron gibson, though probably happy for him to rarely try

What a fantastic player, broke up so much of the play on Saturday and won the ball back a fair few times in the crowded midfield. Really holds his own even when he's not controlling the entire game, as it was that day.

Love him.

Tiote's got a great shot in him that turns up once in a blue moon, remember stoke at home last season, he nearly scored two great goals lol, he's like a good darron gibson, though probably happy for him to rarely try

Oh come on! He's a good player, but Tiote's shooting is fucking terrible. If you gave ME a chance to have 20 shots at goal from 25 yards, at least one or 2 of them would threaten the goalkeeper by luck alone. Anyone half-competent could do the same. His shooting is Sunday League at best. Let's not allow one shot Vs Arsenal and a couple of ones that went close cloud judgement on a player who has played 53 times for us, shoots at least once or twice per match and has threatened the opposition goal about 3 times.

Good player: Yes

Goal threat: Fuck no

Great player though.

Guest BooBoo

Gets on my tits how the crowd still yell Shoot every time he gets the ball in the opposition half. Arsenal was 18 months ago, move on and accept his shooting is, to be kind, not his strength.

We've been doing this shoot shite ever since Barry Venison scored a long ranger v Villa.

Oh come on! He's a good player, but Tiote's shooting is fucking terrible. If you gave ME a chance to have 20 shots at goal from 25 yards, at least one or 2 of them would threaten the goalkeeper by luck alone. Anyone half-competent could do the same. His shooting is Sunday League at best. Let's not allow one shot Vs Arsenal and a couple of ones that went close cloud judgement on a player who has played 53 times for us, shoots at least once or twice per match and has threatened the opposition goal about 3 times.

Goal threat: Fuck no

Great player though.

Agree 100%

He can't shoot for shit and the constant screaming for him to do it every time he gets the ball is infuriating.

Gets on my tits how the crowd still yet Shoot every time he gets the ball in the opposition half. Arsenal was 18 months ago, move on and accept his shooting is, to be kind, not his strength.

We've been doing this shoot shite ever since Barry Venison scored a long ranger v Villa.

His shooting directly helped us to beat Spurs on Saturday tbf.

His shooting fucking annoys me, got to be honest.  He gets too many ideas above his station for me, when he is so much more effective keeping it simple and breaking up play.  In fairness to him though at the weekend Cabaye was pretty non-existent so he was doing two men's jobs quite a lot of the time.

Oh come on! He's a good player, but Tiote's shooting is f***ing terrible. If you gave ME a chance to have 20 shots at goal from 25 yards, at least one or 2 of them would threaten the goalkeeper by luck alone. Anyone half-competent could do the same. His shooting is Sunday League at best. Let's not allow one shot Vs Arsenal and a couple of ones that went close cloud judgement on a player who has played 53 times for us, shoots at least once or twice per match and has threatened the opposition goal about 3 times.

Goal threat: f*** no

Great player though.

Agree 100%

He can't shoot for s*** and the constant screaming for him to do it every time he gets the ball is infuriating.

Yep.

He's got a decent strike when striking the ball when its on the floor (Arsenal aside). It seems to be when it gets headed out of the box or its bouncing that he cant master. Its in those situations he should just bring the ball down and keep possesion.

Fired a great shot at home v Spurs last season, against Stoke he had two screamers and at Wolves I remember him forcing a good save as well.

Needs to learn to when to shoot though.

Much rather this than instructing him to stop shooting. He packs tremendous power in his shots, so why not take a punt every now and then? I'd be looking to work with him on timing his shots rather than shirking responsibility to shoot when in a good position to do so.