Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Huge loss, but the performances of Bigi and Mehdi mean he'll not be as missed as he was in previous seasons.

Neither have ever kicked a ball in the Premiership man, if they prove capable then great but I don't feel at all comfortable relying on them.

Huge loss, but the performances of Bigi and Mehdi mean he'll not be as missed as he was in previous seasons.

Neither have ever kicked a ball in the Premiership man, if they prove capable then great but I don't feel at all comfortable relying on them.

Bigi has played a lot of games in the CC and seems to be a great talent. I wouldn´t have any problems at all to play him. Funny enough you have to make your debut sometime.

That, and that I rather play him than Raylor, Gosling or perch in midfield.

Bigi has played a lot of games in the CC and seems to be a great talent. I wouldn´t have any problems at all to play him. Funny enough you have to make your debut sometime.

He's been getting talked up in worthless friendly games but we'll soon find out how good he actually is when Modric and Bale are running at him.

I'd rather have Perch in for this one.

He's 18 man, you want him to come on as a sub a few times and look comfortable and maybe play a few cup games before you have him in the first team, expecting him to run the midfield against one of the best teams in the league.

Think some people are getting carried away with this idea of us having some promising youngsters for the first time in forever. Truth is that most of them won't make it, if we get one or two first team players from the group of Tav, Good, Ferguson, Abeid, Bigirimana, Vuckic, Sammy and the others then we'll have done well.

He's 18 man, you want him to come on as a sub a few times and look comfortable and maybe play a few cup games before you have him in the first team, expecting him to run the midfield against one of the best teams in the league.

Think some people are getting carried away with this idea of us having some promising youngsters for the first time in forever. Truth is that most of them won't make it, if we get one or two first team players from the group of Tav, Good, Ferguson, Abeid, Bigirimana, Vuckic, Sammy and the others then we'll have done well.

If Tiote is out though who would you replace him with for the Spurs game?

Perch? Gosling? We are not really stacked with proven Premier League players in that position and Guthrie is gone. I'm not sure Perch is a natural DM and for all his stock has risen, I think he has limited potential. Gosling has barely played in years and not shown anything yet.

When you look at our options, suddenly putting Bigi in doesn't look such a bad idea.

Hopefully Tiote will be fit and this will be a moot point.

Probably Perch for me, he showed last season he can do an adequate (if not amazing) job at DM. Hopefully your right though and Tiote's fine.

Perchinho all the way.

:thup:

Would be great if we threw Bigi in and he was awesome though :D

Perchinho for sure.

Rewatched that Chelsea(a) wonder match from last season the other night and Tiote was playing some fucking brilliant stuff that night. My favorite part of that was when he weathered 2-3 challenges in the first half by letting the ball roll-on past him around halfway line, then he slowed down, turned away from our attacking end, evaded a sliding challenge with a quick little move, and then nonchalantly sliced a pass with the outside of his foot to the on-running Cabaye past 1 or 2 Chelsea players.

Probably Perch for me, he showed last season he can do an adequate (if not amazing) job at DM. Hopefully your right though and Tiote's fine.

Perchinho all the way.

:thup:

Would be great if we threw Bigi in and he was awesome though :D

From the little i've seen from Bigi he looks like he could be a really good player for the future, maybe not too distant either.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Perchinho for sure.

Rewatched that Chelsea(a) wonder match from last season the other night and Tiote was playing some f***ing brilliant stuff that night. My favorite part of that was when he weathered 2-3 challenges in the first half by letting the ball roll-on past him around halfway line, then he slowed down, turned away from our attacking end, evaded a sliding challenge with a quick little move, and then nonchalantly sliced a pass with the outside of his foot to the on-running Cabaye past 1 or 2 Chelsea players.

Know exactly what you mean, am sure he took one of our players out as he shrugged a Chelsea player off, might have been Cisse if I remember correctly.

Feared the worse after the early tackle but looked good even though a little sluggish at times. Hopefully he'll get rid of these niggles. Once he's fully fit he will be immense again. Impressive. Uses the ball so well at times.

Such a warrior this guy.  I remember when he went off all strapped up and stretchered in the Chelsea game last season, only to want to come back on a few minutes later. :aww:

That was crazy shit. He looked destroyed, then he just wanders out and watches the game.