Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Pardew loves cheick, no doubt in my mind he'll be straight in.  Perch does a job for us, a good job 90% of the time, but he's no Tiote as long as he gets some kind of form going.

Think he's going to thrive in the new set up :smug:

Pardew loves cheick, no doubt in my mind he'll be straight in.  Perch does a job for us, a good job 90% of the time, but he's no Tiote as long as he gets some kind of form going.

i'm not sure, i think we'll have the same starting XI as last week. for me it's not just the defensive side but the way perch kept it simple and kept the ball moving quick, which has been tiote's biggest failing recently. as someone said earlier i have no doubt tiote is the better player for that role but perch has been the one in form.

i'm not sure, i think we'll have the same starting XI as last week. for me it's not just the defensive side but the way perch kept it simple and kept the ball moving quick, which has been tiote's biggest failing recently. as someone said earlier i have no doubt tiote is the better player for that role but perch has been the one in form.

Anita is better than both of them put together for that imho.

better at keeping the ball moving without doubt, not so sure on the defensive side as i see it with nouse needed to sit in so the centre halves can spread or drop wide to directly cover the full backs.

Guest neesy111

Perch has been the weakest link in the last 2 games. We have two players available now who are considerably better. I can't see him staying in the first team for the Spurs game tbh.

Aye, Perch has done what his role is and that is a squad player to fill in when others aren't available.  Though I agree Anita should be ahead of him.

better at keeping the ball moving without doubt, not so sure on the defensive side as i see it with nouse needed to sit in so the centre halves can spread or drop wide to directly cover the full backs.

Funnily enough i think that's one he can do! I think it's what he does without the ball, the ability to defend that space in front of the 2 CBs where he needs to improve. Just being able to nick the ball (he's never going to be a heavy tackler) or intercept passes. He gets that to his game he'll be practically undroppable.

In the NUFCTV Presser vid there is a lovely moment when Pards is going around doing the handshakes that ends up with him and Tiote in an embrace both with huge smiles.

He loves Tiote I think, I remember the bit of footage where he's hugging him and kissing him on the head and stuff.

In the NUFCTV Presser vid there is a lovely moment when Pards is going around doing the handshakes that ends up with him and Tiote in an embrace both with huge smiles.

He loves Tiote I think, I remember the bit of footage where he's hugging him and kissing him on the head and stuff.

Yeah that is in a video following one of the French lads around and it was the last time Tiote came back from ACON and Paras kisses him, something about Pards being like a father to him (I think)

With Perch in the side (and Jonas) we start to look like a big powerful team again with Moussa. Helping us defend from corners and probablyt at the other end too.

Pardew wanted to start Marveaux at Villa so he probably went for Perch for height. We won so he kept it the same. That's the reason why Anita hasn't been starting imo.

Tiote's pretty good in the air himself so Perch will bow out.

Although Tiote has been badly out of form lately, there's still been games where he has started off doing the 'keep it simple' role very well, but as the games gone on he's got frustrated and reverted to sillyness :lol: doing to much, lunging in and getting booked.  Hopefully, with the new bit of confidence gained and more movement/options around him, he'll be able keep it simple. 

The way Pardew talks about him being one of our 'best 3' I just don't see him leaving him out.

I just want last seasons Cheick back, he's still there somewhere!

My problem with Tiote this season has been his passing to say its been erratic would be an understatement if he can sort that out then i don't see a problem.

I'm just concerned he won't :lol:

My main issue with him would have to be his lack of concentration, which leads to sloppy passing/losing possession very cheaply. If he can regain focus for the full match duration he will soon be back to being one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premiership.

My problem with Tiote this season has been his passing to say its been erratic would be an understatement if he can sort that out then i don't see a problem.

My main issue with him would have to be his lack of concentration, which leads to sloppy passing/losing possession very cheaply. If he can regain focus for the full match duration he will soon be back to being one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premiership.

Agreed, everything all comes together tbh. If he is concentrated usually he makes the right decisions if not well you know what happens.  :laugh:

As mentioned above hopefully with Sissoko and Cabaye in front of him will help.

Agreed, everything all comes together tbh. If he is concentrated usually he makes the right decisions if not well you know what happens.  :laugh:

As mentioned above hopefully with Sissoko and Cabaye in front of him will help.

not just those, he will have decent options all round him.

Saw him driving past the ministry towards the training ground this morning. He looked angry.

:megusta:

Smelling cockney blood hopefully. Rip em a new one tomorrow, Cheik

Id rather he stayed calm and won the ball without picking up a yellow card.  :lol:

Saw him driving past the ministry towards the training ground this morning. He looked angry.

:megusta:

Smelling cockney blood hopefully. Rip em a new one tomorrow, Cheik

Id rather he stayed calm and won the ball without picking up a yellow card.  :lol:

This has reminded me of his cameo at home against Norwich. Hilarious and terrifying in equal measure.