Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I'm absolutely certain that there was an article just after Pardew was appointed where he was talking about Tiote, and how he needs to be more expressive and adventurous with his passing. Can't seem to find it after a quick Google search though, anyone else remember it or have a link to it?

There was, but I very much doubt he believes that now. I think the context was that Tiote was in brilliant form and running games, so why not allow him to do a bit more at times. The  picture is very different since then.

He is a dickhead. Thick, careless and puts his own idiotic mentality before the rest of the team.

Seriously, the guy's an absolute tool. He desperately needs to change things himself, but he's not going to so I'd rather we just chucked him.

It's almost by doing less on the pitch and sticking to the simple stuff before he had far greater impacts on games for the better yet now by trying to do too much he's having an impact alright but it's detrimental to the side.

What do you mean trying to do too much?

Holding on to the ball too long silly attempts on dribbling, all that twisting and turning bullshit and trying to pick out cutting edge passes. His role is to get the ball and then get rid of it, preferably a simple short ball to his nearest team mate.

As above pretty much, that's what I mean. From what I've seen watching him live this season he seems to get caught out of position too much and caught in posession by being in the wrong position. W

58 out of 63 passes made. 59 short. His longer ones included 2 good chances for us. Made all his take ons.

But aye, doing too much.

Guest icemanblue

He is a dickhead. Thick, careless and puts his own idiotic mentality before the rest of the team.

Seriously, the guy's an absolute tool. He desperately needs to change things himself, but he's not going to so I'd rather we just chucked him.

Good grief. He's been fine for a while, if a little hot-headed at times. Made a mistake yesterday, that's all. A mistake. He's not the devil because he gave away a pen. :lol:

Tiote had a good game, but fucked up badly with that tackle.

Never the less, he seems to get better each match now, winning balls higher up on the pitch, not many hollywood pass attempts either.

Relentless beast.

Some daft over reactions here like.

Leave Tiote alone  :lol:

I thought he was great yesterday till that moment of madness which quite frankly has been the case since he returned from Africa.

Problem is since before he left people decided they wanted him out and are not going to change their minds any time soon.

If you look at the way Parker plays a similar role, Tiote is nowhere near as effective at the moment. Parker's game has evolved, he still breaks up play and moves the ball on quickly with short passes, but he also gets forward a lot more, and contributes all over the pitch. Tiote should watch and learn.

Guest loven Mag 11

Liek I said earlier. The N-O has decided he does too much on the ball. Despite using it well or keeping it yesterday.

You are so boring, its actually tedious.

He made some excellent high pressure tackles yesterday or the quick decision to turn up field and play a simple ball.  1 really poor challenge but he's looked MUCH better.

Glad he cut his hair too.

He made some excellent high pressure tackles yesterday or the quick decision to turn up field and play a simple ball.  1 really poor challenge but he's looked MUCH better.

Glad he cut his hair too.

I was becoming accustomed to it :lol:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma03mbQpdG1qbzbq7.gif

I think Ronaldo has been spot on about Tiote. He should just revert back to basics or not start against teams like Stoke at all. His best games comes against the better teams and maybe Anita would've been better against a team like Stoke. Tiote didn't have a bad game yesterday though, he was actually good until that tackle, which is always a risk when he's on the field.

Good grief. He's been fine for a while, if a little hot-headed at times. Made a mistake yesterday, that's all. A mistake. He's not the devil because he gave away a pen. :lol:

I don't think he's been fine all season tbh, bar one good game. I just think he's a total liability and would rather he left than stayed.

I don't think he's been fine all season tbh, bar one good game. I just think he's a total liability and would rather he left than stayed.

Tbf to Cheik his season has been terrible, but just like the rest of the team he has been battling injuries and has upped himself the last month or so.

He's not been right but for a handful of matches since his debut season, but he did some real top things yesterday prior to that rash challenge. That's something he's always prone to do I'm afraid.

Selling him would be madness b/c I don't think we'd get the type of fee that would be worth it. If we're scouting a better true ball winning DM then, well, I'm all for it .

I've gone from being one of Tiote's biggest fans to being a bit worried that he's on the pitch. I don't think he's a lost cause, but in some games I would prefer Anita. Against Stoke at home we didn't need to break down their attacks, because they barely had any.

I think Ronaldo has been spot on about Tiote. He should just revert back to basics or not start against teams like Stoke at all. His best games comes against the better teams and maybe Anita would've been better against a team like Stoke. Tiote didn't have a bad game yesterday though, he was actually good until that tackle, which is always a risk when he's on the field.

Anita would have been bullied out of it yesterday, he wouldn't have made any clinical incisive passing, wouldn't have won the ball high up the pitch. Probs wouldn't have given away a pen either but there you go.

I've gone from being one of Tiote's biggest fans to being a bit worried that he's on the pitch. I don't think he's a lost cause, but in some games I would prefer Anita. Against Stoke at home we didn't need to break down their attacks, because they barely had any.

In games like that i would either play Anita or move Sissoko back a bit and play Marveaux behind Cisse.