Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

i honestly don't think tiote had that good a game. he seemed all over the place which left a massive gap in front of our back four, particularly in the first half and came very close to losing the ball a couple of times through his old trouble of holding on to it too long for no good reason.

I agree. He was better, no doubt, but I'm quite surprised by some of the praise he's getting. Anyway, hope it continues because he's nailed on to start every game when you look at the alternatives.

Yep.

• 2 weeks later...

I was chuckling away when he was standing on the touchline waiting to come on yesterday. That cheesy smile and the patting of/pointing towards his upper arm when he was telling Cabaye to give him the captain's armband was mint :laugh:

Guest loven Mag 11

My "river" dried up just as he came into view and the next thing I see is Walters stepping up to the pen spot. I can only guess what happened inbetween.

Said it a million f***ing times on here; you cannot play him in games like this at home. He does nothing but create problems.

Nah' you're just generally a bad judge of player. Or a WUM. Suspect the latter, actually.

Stupid but he was having a good game. Hopefully he learns from it.

Unfortunately he's very prone to having a rush of blood to the head, don't actually think we can coach it out him - Tiote's head is as unpredictable as they come. Decent game today though until his moment of idiocy.

Still a starter for me btw.

This will sound really stupid - and I know its irrelevant really looking forward. But if they hadn't got that pen, that game was heading for 0-0. Gave us a bit of impetus.

But that silly challenge aside and a few stray passes, thought he did OK today.

Said it a million f***ing times on here; you cannot play him in games like this at home. He does nothing but create problems.

Nah' you're just generally a bad judge of player. Or a WUM. Suspect the latter, actually.

I've been right about him all season though, to be fair. If that's wumming, fair play.

I've been right about him all season though, to be fair. If that's wumming, fair play.

Thought he was having a great game up til that daft as fuck tackle. His pass to the Sissoko chance was class like.

EDIT: I do think that Anita should play ahead of him in games like this mind.

He was at best inconsistent before the penalty. Some good work off the ball and strong tackles, but the usual sloppy passes and shite touches make him a liability. He's a detriment to our team and I have had enough of him costing us goals.

Guest palnese

He loves getting himself into physical battles. I think he often dribbles / takes a poor touch on purpose, just so he can make strong challenge.

He's not even close to being right in the heed.

I thought him and Cabaye were passing the ball too each other at will and well in control of the midfield, they could always relieve pressure between them.

There's no excuse for that penalty though, no idea what on earth he was thinking of