Accrington Stanley v Newcastle United - Kadar'snt injured btw.

Ishmael

Guest michaelfoster

Aye Xisco groin strain

Christ, who's walking funny in the squad then?

Nah thats from the c*ck up his arse

Xisco out which means Vuckic will probably get shoved on the wing. Shame, I would have liked to have seen him play through the centre.

What about LuaLua on the left and Raylor on the right, Donaldson / Smith / Guthrie in the middle with Haris in the hole behind Shola/Løven/Ranger.

Harper

Colo

Ray Don Smith Guth Lua

Harris

Shola Lovenkrands Ranger

1-5-1-3... bit disrespectful to accrington that!

It's a shame that we didn't make the most of two irreversible results in the last two games to give Tavernier and Vuckic 20 mins in each. That would have been far more invaluable than 90 in this game in my opinion

It's a shame that we didn't make the most of two irreversible results in the last two games to give Tavernier and Vuckic 20 mins in each. That would have been far more invaluable than 90 in this game in my opinion

But then mebe AC wouldn't have got his Hattrick-that-makes-him-an-England-Striker :)

But then mebe AC wouldn't have got his Hattrick-that-makes-him-an-England-Striker :)

No doubt it will have done wonders for Carroll's confidence, but I think we are going to need these players in the PL and by disregarding them in these meaningless situations, Hughton has made a mistake. Could mean them playing in an important game against someone like Stoke, and in that situation it would have been much better to have 40 mins against Villa and Manyoo under their belts.

Guest optimistic nit

i'd say 90 minutes in a first team match, regardless of the opposition, which means something is more valuable than 20 minutes in a game where the result is already decided. could have thrown one on against villa, but i'm glad we didn't as both xisco and shola got an assist. i'd rather win 6-0 than 4-0 with vuckic getting 20 minutes and thowing vuckic on, while good for his confidence, would probably piss shola off, and he'll probably be more valuable this season than vuckic, esp if carroll gets injured. what benefit would any youngster get from 20 minutes of chasing after man u players? they'd learn nothing and it would hardly be good for confidence would it.

Hope we play some of the senior pros rather than just all kids.  Accrington knocked Doncaster out in the last round and gave Fulham a hard game in the FA Cup last year. At Peterborough, there were too many kids and they were out of their depth.  Don't want us to be humiliated on TV.

Hope we play some of the senior pros rather than just all kids.  Accrington knocked Doncaster out in the last round and gave Fulham a hard game in the FA Cup last year. At Peterborough, there were too many kids and they were out of their depth.   Don't want us to be humiliated on TV.

I reckon 5 and 5... Krul doesn't really fit either category.

Ranger, Tavernier, Vuckic, Donaldson, Lua Lua

+

R.Taylor, Williamson, Perch, Guthrie, Shola/Lovenkrands

and do the same with the bench, mixture of kids (Ferguson and Inman please) and pros.

Hope we play some of the senior pros rather than just all kids.  Accrington knocked Doncaster out in the last round and gave Fulham a hard game in the FA Cup last year. At Peterborough, there were too many kids and they were out of their depth.   Don't want us to be humiliated on TV.

I reckon 5 and 5... Krul doesn't really fit either category.

Ranger, Tavernier, Vuckic, Donaldson, Lua Lua

+

R.Taylor, Williamson, Perch, Guthrie, Shola/Lovenkrands

and do the same with the bench, mixture of kids (Ferguson and Inman please) and pros.

totally agree,  need a couple of senior players in give them some protection,  i hope we don't go with a total reserve/development squad (as Hughton now calls it) and have a back 4 along these lines

TAVERNIER        HENDERSON       TOZER      DUMMETT/FERGUSON

that could be asking for trouble

Have to say the 'Development Squad' as Chris has labelled it got taught a lesson pre-season at Luton. Let's hope the inclusion of a few better defenders (Tavernier and Kadar over Tozer and Newton) will mean a vastly improved performance.

Have to say the 'Development Squad' as Chris has labelled it got taught a lesson pre-season at Luton. Let's hope the inclusion of a few better defenders (Tavernier and Kadar over Tozer and Newton) will mean a vastly improved performance.

yes definately although in Newton's defence he's normally a midfielder.