Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Back just in time to stop us having to buy another centre-half!  :hmm:

Is anyone convinced this won't happen?

If we don't buy a CB it's ridiculous. Colo is playing in every competition every week, Taylor is always injured and Williamson is beyond awful.

I'm hoping even Ashley will see this need.

But then we'd be paying for four first team centre backs. I think we should stick to our principles and save the money.

Well if we assume Colo and Taylor are both purples maybe we can go for some backup that's just mauve?

But then we'd be paying for four first team centre backs. I think we should stick to our principles and save the money.

I'm worried we might do that obviously. Even if Williamson is shit and Taylor is injury-prone, they both technically occupy places and take up money.

Guest bimpy474

Our other problem is we dont have a proper young decent centre half, around the age of 20-22, who comes in for games alongsige an experienced player like Colo in certain games to learn his trade. I know they rate Remi Streete but its too soon for him yet.

That and Mike Williamson is shit. He isn't ok as back up. He is shitter than the shittiest shitter.

Our other problem is we dont have a proper young decent centre half, around the age of 20-22, who comes in for games alongsige an experienced player like Colo in certain games to learn his trade. I know they rate Remi Streete but its too soon for him yet.

That and Mike Williamson is shit. He isn't ok as back up. He is shitter than the shittiest shitter.

Hopefully Curtis Good can be that later in the season.

Yep, it's weird that we don't have that young CB, bad planning in the past. Most PL reserve defenders would presumably be able to step in and do a better job than Willo.

Even though, we're desperate for a CB, getting the right player might be tougher than we think. Do we go all out for someone who will be first choice, or do we buy a less experienced youngster who can just compete?

How will we shift Williamson though? Guess we could sell him to a Championship Club, maybe.

Isn't he quite high up in the stats? Some managers love that. He's not on much and we wouldn't be asking the earth, he'll easily go considering we only paid a million for him.

How will we shift Williamson though? Guess we could sell him to a Championship Club, maybe.

We'd get shot of him no bother IMO provided he wanted to move. Solid, no-nonsense English defender with PL/Euro experience and isn't too old and on low wages. Granted we'd not get much for him.

We don't need 4 CB's well it would be nice but they just need to get shot of Williamson and replace him, won't he hard to find a better CB than him.

Unfortunately, 4 is the bare minimum that you need to cover the centre back role with the likelyhood of suspensions and injury through the season.  Williamson wouldn't be getting half the grief that he is now if he was the number 4 (as he is in reality) and was played sparingly.

The fact that on 1st February we had just two recognised central defenders was laughable, but after seeing how stretched we were in that position last season, going into September with no reinforcments in that position was moronic.

We don't need 4 CB's well it would be nice but they just need to get shot of Williamson and replace him, won't he hard to find a better CB than him.

Unfortunately, 4 is the bare minimum that you need to cover the centre back role with the likelyhood of suspensions and injury through the season.  Williamson wouldn't be getting half the grief that he is now if he was the number 4 (as he is in reality) and was played sparingly.

The fact that on 1st February we had just two recognised central defenders was laughable, but after seeing how stretched we were in that position last season, going into September with no reinforcments in that position was moronic.

This is true but I think they put a lot f faith in utility players such as Perch, it could work but requires the 3rd choice CB to be a much better player than Williamson.

This is true but I think they put a lot f faith in utility players such as Perch, it could work but requires the 3rd choice CB to be a much better player than Williamson.

Nowt personal, Skirge, but I think you're insane if you don't think you need at least 4 CBs nowadays. Particularly if one of those CBs is made of glass. You've still got the FA Cup and Europa to come, too. Just look at the comedy CBs Man U had to put out last year. Wasn't it Berba and Carrick at one point?

I'm only happy right now because we have 5 CBs, all of whom I'm pretty comfortable with. I think you should be looking for one established CB in Jan, and ideally a younger one too - although I guess you're hoping that Good will come through next year?

Nowt personal, Skirge, but I think you're insane if you don't think you need at least 4 CBs nowadays. Particularly if one of those CBs is made of glass. You've still got the FA Cup and Europa to come, too. Just look at the comedy CBs Man U had to put out last year. Wasn't it Berba and Carrick at one point?

I'm only happy right now because we have 5 CBs, all of whom I'm pretty comfortable with. I think you should be looking for one established CB in Jan, and ideally a younger one too - although I guess you're hoping that Good will come through next year?

Oh I agree you need 4 but MA wants to spend as little as possible so 3 CB's & a utility player is how they seem to like it. I am saying if that is their plan then they need 3 decent CB's not two and a liability.

There's not much point in selling Will.i.amson. He should obviously be replaced in the first 11 but keeping him as a squad player would do far more good than bad, especially at the rate we sign players.

The only point is if we have a set number of CBs that we'll never go above, i.e. Williamson is occupying a squad place and wages that could be used on someone else.