Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The club has a history of spouting lies like this.  I wish they would stop it and show some class for a change.  This statement was so obviously for the fans, nothing to do with alerting other clubs.  

Did you not read Ikri's post?

Yes, and?

I don't see how making public is anything other than to manipulate the fans, like they tried to do before.  Treating us like mugs again? Dunno, but there's no reason to believe them now.

The only reason Taylor gets the support he does is because of this whole 'local lad' bollocks that's still spouted by some. Aye it's nice to have some passion and genuine feeling towards the club but that should be flashing money at a player who will be struggling to get into our first team.

On current form Williamson looks far more solid and reliable than Taylor, I feel much more confident with him partnering Colo. Taylor is progressing into his mid twenties and he still hasn't ironed out those daft mistakes in his game that were present, perhaps a change of scenery will do him good. Personally I'd keep him as our number one right back but that remains a pipe dream with Perch and Simpson at the club.

We still need to replace him though. It only takes and injury to Mike or Colo and we're f***ed, I'm sure Hughton is fully aware of this too.

:thup:

Saw someone saying before (might have been Facebook) that Taylor was our best CB by a mile and that Williamson had a 'nightmare' against Man United.

Some people's opinions are just clouded. He's nowhere near as good as some suggest and last year proved just how little we need him.

The club has a history of spouting lies like this.  I wish they would stop it and show some class for a change.  This statement was so obviously for the fans, nothing to do with alerting other clubs.  

Did you not read Ikri's post?

Yes, and?

I don't see how making public is anything other than to manipulate the fans, like they tried to do before.  Treating us like mugs again? Dunno, but there's no reason to believe them now.

:lol:

In what way do you feel "manipulated"?

[

Maybe he's been offered £41k, maybe £38k... maybe a lot of things. What I meant was that the result will speak for itself, either he'll accept a contract within the new wage structure or he won't.

It really is as simple as that. Maybe he can get more somewhere else in which case fair enough he should move, but at this stage the club is probably justified in not handing out big wages to a squad which has just come out of the championship.

simple as that...end of discussion! new thread...

Guest Heneage

He should count his blessings he's on 35k a week tbh. He's in the same bracket as Gary Cahill who I bet is on half of that.

The only reason Taylor gets the support he does is because of this whole 'local lad' bollocks that's still spouted by some. Aye it's nice to have some passion and genuine feeling towards the club but that should be flashing money at a player who will be struggling to get into our first team.

On current form Williamson looks far more solid and reliable than Taylor, I feel much more confident with him partnering Colo. Taylor is progressing into his mid twenties and he still hasn't ironed out those daft mistakes in his game that were present, perhaps a change of scenery will do him good. Personally I'd keep him as our number one right back but that remains a pipe dream with Perch and Simpson at the club.

We still need to replace him though. It only takes and injury to Mike or Colo and we're f***ed, I'm sure Hughton is fully aware of this too.

Saw someone saying before (might have been Facebook) that Taylor was our best CB by a mile and that Williamson had a 'nightmare' against Man United.

Some people's opinions are just clouded. He's nowhere near as good as some suggest and last year proved just how little we need him.

If I've added up correctly.

We conceded 12 goals with 13 clean sheets in the 21 league games he played

We conceded 23 goals with 9 clean sheets in the 25 league games he missed

We got by without him last season against Championship attacks, but there was still a significant drop in form when he was out. There are other factors behind those stats of course, but to say we didn't miss him is just wrong.

Some people just hate the fact that he promotes himself as a local lad and milks the crowd and assume that it's the only reason some supporters rate him whilst over-compensating and exaggerating his failings themselves. He'd be nothing like as easy to replace with someone of the same or better ability but on low wages as some suggest.

Guest neesy111

We got by without him last season against Championship attacks, but there was still a significant drop in form when he was out. There are other factors behind those stats of course, but to say we didn't miss him is just wrong.

Some people just hate the fact that he promotes himself as a local lad and milks the crowd and assume that it's the only reason some supporters rate him whilst over-compensating and exaggerating his failings themselves. He'd be nothing like as easy to replace with someone of the same or better ability but on low wages as some suggest.

Our play was far more attacking in the 2nd half of the season, so it would lead to more goals conceded!

I'm sure if Taylor is "distraught" at being put on the transfer list he can put things right by instructing his agent to accept the club's offer and sign the contract.

After all, Danny Simpson wasn't happy with the deal we offered (£15k?) but he bit the bullet and signed on because he wanted to play for Newcastle...and he wasn't even a local who claimed he loved the club like no other.

Guest VegasToon

I'm sure if Taylor is "distraught" at being put on the transfer list he can put things right by instructing his agent to accept the club's offer and sign the contract.

After all, Danny Simpson wasn't happy with the deal we offered (£15k?) but he bit the bullet and signed on because he wanted to play for Newcastle...and he wasn't even a local who claimed he loved the club like no other.

+1

Taylor hasnt got a fucking clue what is happening here is just aa pawn in Shep V Ashley game.

It's in the fucking papers, if he didn't have a clue before he must have a fair idea by now.

Taylor hasnt got a f***ing clue what is happening here is just aa pawn in Shep V Ashley game.

It's in the f***ing papers, if he didn't have a clue before he must have a fair idea by now.

He would of twigged something was happening with him getting whacked on transfer list but as for the neogations I doubt it.  Stretford smooching his Taylor with promise of gold elsewhere, while Shep knows the clubs max limit on new contracts for players & asks for more than that. Shep is just being cunt this is his 1st major dealing with Ashley since selling up & look it has went mental, I am not surprised at this.

So the player wants to stay, the manager wants to keep him, and he's been transfer listed?

You have to consider that renewing a contract is often cheaper than buying a new player. That's why many players will get a pay-rise, because the club would rather that than get a small fee as their contract runs out and fork out on a quality replacement who may turn out to be crap.

Consider the cost of spending 5M (perhaps what it would cost for a proven Prem quality defender)  and giving him 40K a week plus a signing on fee. Pocketing 1 or 2M for Taylor in the process. Money saved?

Not to mention, our stock has fallen. Do you see a line of star defenders queueing up at our door?

The Milner comparisons are good because I remember a lot of people criticising Milner and picking on his worst performances for the club, and his worst attributes at the time, such as his lack of pace, strength or ability to cross a ball. But many people could see he had his strengths and had the right attitude to develop as a player. Many also predicted Mike Ashley wouldn't replace him - and he didn't.

Our play was far more attacking in the 2nd half of the season, so it would lead to more goals conceded!

Games played by Steven Taylor : 21

Away Games : 9 - 1L 3D 5W

Home Games : 12 - 0L 3D 9W

Goals Conceded : 12

Avg goals conceded : 0.48 (12 in 21)

Avg goals conceded (Away) : 0.77 (7 in 9)

Avg goals conceded (Home) : 0.41 (5 in 12)

Goals Scored : 37

Avg goals scored : 1.76 (37 in 21)

Avg goals scored (Away) : 1.77 (16 in 9)

Avg goals scored (Home) : 1.75 (21 in 12)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Games played without Steven Taylor : 25

Away Games : 14 -  3L 4D 7W

Home Games : 11 - 0L 1D 10W

Goals Conceded : 23

Avg goals conceded : .92 (23/25)

Avg goals conceded (Away) : 1.07 (15 in 14)

Avg goals conceded (Home) : 0.72 (8 in 11)

Goals Scored : 51

Avg goals scored : 2.04 (51 in 25)

Avg goals scored (Away) : 1.28 (18 in 14)

Avg goals scored (Home) : 3.18 (35 in 11)

As the numbers above clearly display, I have a lot of free time. 

Also I don't know or care what they mean.  I don't think we'll be too much worse off without him.