Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This Hughton press conference sounds fucking mental, he's actually talking about stuff. Did he turn up pissed? :lol:

Aye.

"So Chris, you play Wolves tomorrow, are you confident in getting a result?"

"I can not comment on who we may or may not be playing, nor can I confirm my feelings towards such a game"

"So what about Taylor, Tiote, Ben Arfa, and Keane?"

"We have offerd Taylor a contract and I hope he signs it, Tiote has been given a work permit but I can't say how long his contract is for, Ben Arfa should be concluded today, and Keane is just speculation."

This Hughton press conference sounds fucking mental, he's actually talking about stuff. Did he turn up pissed? :lol:

Aye.

"So Chris, you play Wolves tomorrow, are you confident in getting a result?"

"I can not comment on who we may or may not be playing, nor can I confirm my feelings towards such a game"

"So what about Taylor, Tiote, Ben Arfa, and Keane?"

"We have offerd Taylor a contract and I hope he signs it, Tiote has been given a work permit but I can't say how long his contract is for, Ben Arfa should be concluded today, and Keane is just speculation."

:lol:

Really hope he stays. Him, Williamson, Colo and Sol are a really good pool of centre-backs, with Taylor more than capable of playing r-b.

For all that people go on about silly mistakes, Taylor didn't put a foot wrong in the first half of last season. Colo deserved credit for knuckling down last season, and Taylor should too.

So the player wants to stay, the manager wants to keep him, and he's been transfer listed?

You have to consider that renewing a contract is often cheaper than buying a new player. That's why many players will get a pay-rise, because the club would rather that than get a small fee as their contract runs out and fork out on a quality replacement who may turn out to be crap.

Consider the cost of spending 5M (perhaps what it would cost for a proven Prem quality defender)  and giving him 40K a week plus a signing on fee. Pocketing 1 or 2M for Taylor in the process. Money saved?

Not to mention, our stock has fallen. Do you see a line of star defenders queueing up at our door?

The Milner comparisons are good because I remember a lot of people criticising Milner and picking on his worst performances for the club, and his worst attributes at the time, such as his lack of pace, strength or ability to cross a ball. But many people could see he had his strengths and had the right attitude to develop as a player. Many also predicted Mike Ashley wouldn't replace him - and he didn't.

Consider the cost of everyone else in the dressing room wanting parity with his wages / relative payrise.

So the player wants to stay, the manager wants to keep him, and he's been transfer listed?

You have to consider that renewing a contract is often cheaper than buying a new player. That's why many players will get a pay-rise, because the club would rather that than get a small fee as their contract runs out and fork out on a quality replacement who may turn out to be crap.

Consider the cost of spending 5M (perhaps what it would cost for a proven Prem quality defender)  and giving him 40K a week plus a signing on fee. Pocketing 1 or 2M for Taylor in the process. Money saved?

Not to mention, our stock has fallen. Do you see a line of star defenders queueing up at our door?

The Milner comparisons are good because I remember a lot of people criticising Milner and picking on his worst performances for the club, and his worst attributes at the time, such as his lack of pace, strength or ability to cross a ball. But many people could see he had his strengths and had the right attitude to develop as a player. Many also predicted Mike Ashley wouldn't replace him - and he didn't.

Consider the cost of everyone else in the dressing room wanting parity with his wages / relative payrise.

Exactly. Not to mention the fact that the term 'proven prem quality' isn't applicable here.

Guest firetotheworks

This reminds me of the kebab scene in Peep Show.

You're on the transfer list Steven.

Hahaha

What you laughing at?

What seriously?

.....Hahaha, Im only joking. Did you think you were on the transfer list?

Yeah

Well you are.

To be honest, i would love him to stay and become our regular right back.

He was quite good at bombing forward when he's played there before. Plus it gives us extra height at set pieces.

I'd like to see this too, but either he doesn't want to or managers don't see the potential.

Guest malandro

Exactly. Not to mention the fact that the term 'proven prem quality' isn't applicable here.

He’s more proven at PL level than Coloccini and he’s our top earner isn’t he?

Guest neesy111

Ronaldo completely ignores how bad Colocini was that season

Hes more proven at PL level than Coloccini and hes our top earner isnt he?

Do you work for Sky?

Guest neesy111

Do you work for Sky?

No why?

Hes more proven at PL level than Coloccini and hes our top earner isnt he?

Do you work for Sky?

No why?

Sounds like the sort of sterotypical tripe that Sky would trot out about "lazy foreigners".

IMO Coloccini and Enrique were no worse than any of the other wasters in our squad that season, yet some people would have us think otherwise.

Taylor's had 5 pretty poor seasons in my book. Makes him no more proven that someone with 1 'bad' season.