Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

People saying Sol Campbell has another season left in him really haven't got a clue.

Technically he's still very good but he's awfully unfit. The past two games he's been piss poor but when he's been called upon before that he still looked the part. The thing with Sol is you can never tell how he is mentally either.

Some of the mistakes Campbell has made over the last two games have nothing to do with being unfit.

Kadar will come good and be an excellent player for us.

Needs to be playing though.

[/quote

totally agree, also needs to keep fit,  he does seem to pick up injuries with alarming regularity.  I think he would have gone on loan but he's needed as cover for Jose.

The stability thing is f***ing spot on though. ???

Stability's only become a real issue in the last 6 days.

That we know about, yes. And even if not it still applies.

I think the fact that Hughton wasn't given a no.2 in six(?) weeks shows all was not well.

I didn't really pick up on it myself but to anyone at the club it would be obvious something was up.

The stability thing is f***ing spot on though. ???

Stability's only become a real issue in the last 6 days.

That we know about, yes. And even if not it still applies.

We've just tied a good defender and a promising striker down to contracts lasting 6 seasons. This goes way beyond stability. He wants far more money than he deserves, simple as that.

ive said it before but i'll say it again, give kadar a game ahead of taylor and give him a chance to develop, we'll never know if he's good enough or not unless hes given a go

So you'd just throw a 19-year-old CB into the deep end and hope he doesn't sink - and sink the team?

Kadar's just like Ranger, should ideally be out loan but because of the shocking squad depth there's that real arguement for him to stay put.

Btw I'm by no means a big fan of Taylor, I think he's our third best centre half and therefore ideally wouldn't be playing all that much. Just think people are being a bit harsh on him. It is a factTM that this regime lie to the fans, so why are we suddenly to believe them on Taylor's wage demands and what we're supposedly offering? ???

In fact we're probably offering him wages to reflect his place in the pecking order. He presumably thinks he's worthy of a start. Fair enough.

Btw I'm by no means a big fan of Taylor, I think he's our third best centre half and therefore ideally wouldn't be playing all that much. Just think people are being a bit harsh on him. It is a factTM that this regime lie to the fans, so why are we suddenly to believe them on Taylor's wage demands and what we're supposedly offering? ???

In fact we're probably offering him wages to reflect his place in the pecking order. He presumably thinks he's worthy of a start. Fair enough.

taylor has form on this sort of thing however as does stretford, and with "supposed interest" from "big clubs" its not hard to put 2 and 2 together

taylor has form on this sort of thing however as does stretford, and with "supposed interest" from "big clubs" its not hard to put 2 and 2 together

Remember the club are very good at getting their propaganda out there and unfortunately too many people fall for it.  For all we know he could have turned down the contact (if he has) for reasons other than money.  I don't want him to leave but wouldn't blame him if he does as I think the club have let him down on a few occasions.

People saying Sol Campbell has another season left in him really haven't got a clue.

Technically he's still very good but he's awfully unfit. The past two games he's been piss poor but when he's been called upon before that he still looked the part. The thing with Sol is you can never tell how he is mentally either.

Some of the mistakes Campbell has made over the last two games have nothing to do with being unfit.

he's been fucking woeful on the most part, getting caught underneath crosses, passing it to the other team and looking like an artic truck trying to turn round